Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

What's the strongest coal from easyglow? Going on to a back boiler stove

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

podge3 wrote: »
    Exactly like myself. I still have almost 2 tonnes of CW ovoids in my coalshed from early this year.

As a longtime CW customer, I'm disgusted at the way the issue of poor ovoids has been dealt with.

So I ordered a ton of the small Easyglow ovoids last night to mix on with the CW sh!the in the hope they will burn better. It was so easy ordering without having to faff around with your own courier, bank transfer etc.

If the Easyglow are as good as others have said on here, I won't be buying from CW again.

Podge,
    Its Monday morning, I'm bOll0xed and a tad lazy...would you be a gent and link me to the ovoids you bought

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭podge3

Podge,
    Its Monday morning, I'm bOll0xed and a tad lazy...would you be a gent and link me to the ovoids you bought

ta
    Here ya go: https://easyglow.ie/index.php/shop-coal/50-Bags-Small-Coal-Ovoids-for-Stoves-50x20Kg-Bags-Fast-Delivery-p79140292

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Redlim

Podge,

ta

Here's the link for the Easyglow small ovoids for stoves.

https://www.easyglow.ie/index.php/shop-coal/50-Bags-Small-Coal-Ovoids-for-Stoves-50x20Kg-Bags-Fast-Delivery-p79140292

Thanks

Ordered!

and got €20 off as code Easyfacebook still works :)

..and yea, no hassle trying to get couriers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Ordered a tonne of coal from www.thedandys.ie on Friday afternoon. Pallet was delivered today at lunch time to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

sgarvan wrote: »
    Ordered a tonne of coal from www.thedandys.ie on Friday afternoon. Pallet was delivered today at lunch time to Dublin.

What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

Ordered a ton from Easy Glow on Sunday night and received this on Monday
    "Our recent Marketing campaign has been a GREAT SUCCESS. Over the Weekend, the Final days of the Discount has been such a huge success that it has gotten slightly ahead of our production line and there will be a delay of up to 3 days before shipment of your ton of Smokeless coal. Most orders will reach their destination by Friday, but some may be delayed until Next Monday 21st September.
    Thank you for your patience. "

pissed wrote: »
    "Our recent Marketing campaign has been a GREAT SUCCESS. Over the Weekend, the Final days of the Discount has been such a huge success that it has gotten slightly ahead of our production line and there will be a delay of up to 3 days before shipment of your ton of Smokeless coal. Most orders will reach their destination by Friday, but some may be delayed until Next Monday 21st September.
    Same here.

pissed wrote: »
    Same here.

same III

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Blowheads wrote: »
    What's it like?

Ordered this https://www.thedandys.ie/product/hi-heat-smokeless-1-tonne-pallet. Mixture of nuggets & small lumps of calco. Not burnt it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Thanks

Ordered!

and got €20 off as code Easyfacebook still works :)

..and yea, no hassle trying to get couriers etc

Ah I missed the deal :( Code has expired and I was about to get a tonne.
    Think I'll chance coalwarehouse again

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is what Aldi are selling Bord Na Mona Briquettes for!
    119581548_2743456925976911_1680787953800978095_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7ryLbng1P6wAX9TeRX_&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c1734cf52c4f9d4ee29fc06ead5c35b2&oe=5F89529B

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭damemcd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

damemcd wrote: »

morse code ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    morse code ?

.. _ ... _. ___ _ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

OmegaGene wrote: »
    morse code ?

Smoke signals from smokeless coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Ordered a tonne of champion Columbian coal from Beatty's.ie.
    https://www.beattystores.ie/collections/fuel/products/1-tonne-of-champion-coal-columbian-40-x-25kg-bags
    €310 + €50 delivery. Ordered Tuesday evening delivered yesterday afternoon.

Got the same last year for €284 (flash sale) delivered and was very pleased with it.
    Local merchant charges €512.50 for a tonne of Stafford's polish coal and tbh The Beatty's Champion is as good

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

same III

anyone get their delivery yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Berberis wrote: »
    Ordered a tonne of champion Columbian coal from Beatty's.ie.
    https://www.beattystores.ie/collections/fuel/products/1-tonne-of-champion-coal-columbian-40-x-25kg-bags
    €310 + €50 delivery. Ordered Tuesday evening delivered yesterday afternoon.

Got the same last year for €284 (flash sale) delivered and was very pleased with it.
    Local merchant charges €512.50 for a tonne of Stafford's polish coal and tbh The Beatty's Champion is as good

If you don’t mind me asking, When was the flash sale last year?

• Advertisement

paul-2008 wrote: »

No.

Not a dicky bird since the email

Anyone else?

Edit: just called them there..mine will be delivered tomorrow (Dublin)

No.

Not a dicky bird since the email

Anyone else?

Edit: just called them there..mine will be delivered tomorrow (Dublin)

Ah fair enough so - might get tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday so! (Waterford)

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Got mine this morning. Delivered by the same local courier that always delivered for CW.

Got mine this morning. Delivered by the same local courier that always delivered for CW.

That's good to know and hopefully same for me as same guy last 2yrs has an electric pallet truck and it was a gift getting up my slight (15⁰) driveway

That's good to know and hopefully same for me as same guy last 2yrs has an electric pallet truck and it was a gift getting up my slight (15⁰) driveway

was just going to ask do these guys have a pallet truck as my entrance can be a bit tricky for a big vehicle

Mine arrived this morning, ordered Sunday the 13th. Will report back when I get around to using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

If you don’t mind me asking, When was the flash sale last year?

Had a look back on my emails and I ordered it then on 13/08/2019.
    Been checking their site on and off since August this year but never got any cheaper than the €360 delivered.
    Last year it was €259 + €25 delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭laros

Its Just been announced on Facebook that the Easyglow founder has passed away so the company will be closed till after the funeral on Thursday.

"Understandably, we will be closed until after Pat's funeral Mass which takes place on Thursday. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. "

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fitzieboy

Also got mine this morning after ordering last Monday.

• Advertisement

Got mine this morning. Driver helped get it up the drive way in the pallet truck (both b*lloxed afterwards) so had to give him a tip for a couple of pints (well cans in the current environment :)

Bags are plain white and note on the side explained why and contents are the same - I've nothing to compare to so as soon as I start using them/stove I'll let you know compared to CW offerings

Advertisement