Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Easyglow....

So getting to that time of the year I decided to give Easyglow a try. Put in order on Tuesday evening, but for some reason no payment went through, call Weds morning and spoke to a lovely woman and payment made. Ordered arrived by truck Thurs morning.
    Put on a fire last night and great heat and little ash. I bought the small coal Ovoids for stoves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 photovoodoo100

I got a ton of small ovoids from easyglow 2 days ago managed to get everyone out of the house for a few hours so lit it up, to me they seem to be very good hot water and radiators hot also. I ordered stove coal but it got sent in different bags that said they were for ranges and cookers. They left a note explaining this on the pallet, seemingly ran out of bags for stove coal due to a spike in demand

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Connrang wrote: »
    Easyglow....

So getting to that time of the year I decided to give Easyglow a try. Put in order on Tuesday evening, but for some reason no payment went through, call Weds morning and spoke to a lovely woman and payment made. Ordered arrived by truck Thurs morning.
    Put on a fire last night and great heat and little ash. I bought the small coal Ovoids for stoves.
    How much is a tonne of small ovoids incl. delivery and the discount code with easyglow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

PaddyCar wrote: »
    How much is a tonne of small ovoids incl. delivery and the discount code with easyglow?

€362

The internet isn’t for everyone

I got a ton of small ovoids from easyglow 2 days ago managed to get everyone out of the house for a few hours so lit it up, to me they seem to be very good hot water and radiators hot also. I ordered stove coal but it got sent in different bags that said they were for ranges and cookers. They left a note explaining this on the pallet, seemingly ran out of bags for stove coal due to a spike in demand

i got the same bags and the same note included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Ordered a ton of easyglow as not happy with quality of ovoids from coal warehouse last year . €352 inc delivery . Cheers for the discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Coming up at 304 euro for me for a tonne of easyglow small ovoids with the 20 euro discount. Have 2 stoves one 18kw freestanding with back boiler and a brand new cassette 9kw stove.. never bought coal this way before..just usually the 3 bags an 2 bales of briquettes deals in the local town..is it a good way of buying?

Coming up at 304 euro for me for a tonne of easyglow small ovoids with the 20 euro discount. Have 2 stoves one 18kw freestanding with back boiler and a brand new cassette 9kw stove.. never bought coal this way before..just usually the 3 bags an 2 bales of briquettes deals in the local town..is it a good way of buying?

Buying in bulk is much cheaper
    Have you added delivery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

OmegaGene wrote: »

Plus they arrive as 50 Clean Bags on a Pallet wrapped in film, I have them near my Coal Bunker (Lockdown Project), All neat and easy to manage, No more trips every week or 10 days to get a couple of 40 kg bags and a few bales of briquettes.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Plus they arrive as 50 Clean Bags on a Pallet wrapped in film, I have them near my Coal Bunker (Lockdown Project), All neat and easy to manage, No more trips every week or 10 days to get a couple of 40 kg bags and a few bales of briquettes.

Couldn’t agree more, it’s so much easier not having to lug bags into the car that could be wet/dirty and the 20kg bags are easy to move around too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How much is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

irishgeo wrote: »
    How much is delivery?
    4 pages back...but I'll save you the bother...€48

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Free delivery no? Ah re read it..fast delivery!!

Free delivery on the 199 deal 25x20kg bags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Ordered Friday night with Easyglow. Got the dispatch email yesterday about 5pm. 7.30am this morning the driver is knocking on the door with the coal . I was conked out but the wife was up. He had rung me a couple of time’s about 10 minutes before hand but the phone was on silent.

Now that’s a quick service . And no waiting around all day. Now to bring 50 bags into the shed . I hate this part .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No messing about with Connolly transport for separate delivery. Ordered Saturday, delivered just now. Pallet in decent nick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Has anybody found a use for the CW coal bags? They don't seem to be the strongest and tend to perish over time if left outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Price increase from the 1st of Oct for coal warehouse
    🚨 Due to supplier increase there will be a price rise starting on Thursday 1st October 🚨

Prices will be as follows:

🌟N E W P R I C E L I S T🌟

⚫️ Slack - €130 per tonne
    ⚫️ Singles - €165 per tonne
    ⚫️ Doubles - €220 per tonne
    ⚫️ Polish - €220 per tonne
    ⚫️ Black Diamond - €260 per tonne
    ⚫️ Columbian Doubles - €260 per tonne
    ⚫️ Columbian Coal - €280 per tonne
    ⚫️ Masterheat - €270 per tonne
    ⚫️ Countryblend - €300 per tonne
    ⚫️ Clearflame - €300 per tonne
    ⚫️ Ovoids - €300 per tonne

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Bigserious1

Ordered from Easy Glow too. The 24 bags of 20kg for €200 delivered.

Delivery was in about two days and like a previous comment the driver rang me when he was 10 mins away.

Bags were very clean and wrapped in plastic on the pallet. Nice and easy to move around in that size too.

Also happened to get 4x extra bags by mistake and company said to keep them as a bonus. Great service all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

naughto wrote: »
    Price increase from the 1st of Oct for coal warehouse
    �� Due to supplier increase there will be a price rise starting on Thursday 1st October ��

Prices will be as follows:

��N E W P R I C E L I S T��

⚫️ Slack - €130 per tonne
    ⚫️ Singles - €165 per tonne
    ⚫️ Doubles - €220 per tonne
    ⚫️ Polish - €220 per tonne
    ⚫️ Black Diamond - €260 per tonne
    ⚫️ Columbian Doubles - €260 per tonne
    ⚫️ Columbian Coal - €280 per tonne
    ⚫️ Masterheat - €270 per tonne
    ⚫️ Countryblend - €300 per tonne
    ⚫️ Clearflame - €300 per tonne
    ⚫️ Ovoids - €300 per tonne

for the first time in 4yrs I am gonna swerve buying my tonne of Oviods for CW this time.

Their last batch wasn't great and I didn't really get a proper explanation after a bit of back-and-forth, and then the messages went cold, so no guarantees things have been rectified

so.....all recommendations welcome for an alternative

ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

for the first time in 4yrs I am gonna swerve buying my tonne of Oviods for CW this time.

Their last batch wasn't great and I didn't really get a proper explanation after a bit of back-and-forth, and then the messages went cold, so no guarantees things have been rectified

ta

I seem to have missed the bad batch, I would burn less than a lot of people on here, maybe 3 tonnes for 2 years, the last time I fell short and didn't want to have a tonne of coal around for the summer I tried a couple of other products available locally, a waste of time compared to the ovoids, I was glad to get them again , they suit my stove, if I want to shut it down in the evening, after lunch the next day I can stoke the fire and away it goes again, Ash is little, if I want to let it burn out it burns out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭covey123

Don't forget there is a 20 euro discount code floating around this thread too.

Do you know what the code is any also what delivery charge is for 50x bags?

covey123 wrote: »

.... For easy glow I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Ordered Friday night with Easyglow. Got the dispatch email yesterday about 5pm. 7.30am this morning the driver is knocking on the door with the coal . I was conked out but the wife was up. He had rung me a couple of time’s about 10 minutes before hand but the phone was on silent.

Now that’s a quick service . And no waiting around all day. Now to bring 50 bags into the shed . I hate this part .

What's the easyglow like to burn. Interested in the 24 bags as space is limited.

.... For easy glow I meant

Easyfacebook

Ends midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You'll have to look through the thread yourself I'm afraid as I got the code after I bought mine and deleted the email.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

So I've just ordered 50x bags of small ovids,€58 delivery,total of €362 including delivery and using €20 discount code,will post back on what they are like to burn when I get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

ta

I got a tonne of ovoids last week from cw and they are much better than the last tonne I got from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fitzieboy

Views welcome. Would I be better buying essyglow ovoids or CW. OR just stick to ecobrite. Is it a false economy buying the cheaper product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

ta
    Exactly like myself. I still have almost 2 tonnes of CW ovoids in my coalshed from early this year.

As a longtime CW customer, I'm disgusted at the way the issue of poor ovoids has been dealt with.

So I ordered a ton of the small Easyglow ovoids last night to mix on with the CW sh!the in the hope they will burn better. It was so easy ordering without having to faff around with your own courier, bank transfer etc.

If the Easyglow are as good as others have said on here, I won't be buying from CW again.

Advertisement