Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

okidoki987 wrote: »
    +1
    Oh had it last night and had to throw it in bin, did not like it!

yeah I thought of chucking it but got through it, it was very tough with some grizzle in it. Cant believe it is 4 euro at full price, I wouldnt even pay 2 for it. Im not sure but get the impression the quality of Lidls cheaper steaks has gone down and they want to point you towards the premium ones in the black cardboard packaging instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah I thought of chucking it but got through it, it was very tough with some grizzle in it. Cant believe it is 4 euro at full price, I wouldnt even pay 2 for it. Im not sure but get the impression the quality of Lidls cheaper steaks has gone down and they want to point you towards the premium ones in the black cardboard packaging instead.

We thought that would be the case - we sliced it up into really thin strips and put them in a broth with bak choi n other veggies as a noodle soup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is anyone having issues with coupons being activated and not working?

Second time, the stewing beef this time, activated and no discount and still in the app to use

Surely be better if just on your app and if you get item it comes off, rather than activating coupons?

Also another thing, got whatever we wanted and a book on the way out

In the book there is Shortcakes and Peanuts, the app doesn't have them(another butter, Miwadi, Veggie Burgers was there instead)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

jeffk wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with coupons being activated and not working?

Second time, the stewing beef this time, activated and no discount and still in the app to use

Surely be better if just on your app and if you get item it comes off, rather than activating coupons?

Had an issue with the gouda rolls but just home and got the stewing beef with the discount

• Advertisement

jules86 wrote: »
    Had an issue with the gouda rolls but just home and got the stewing beef with the discount

I think EVERYONE did with them

I may just activate in the car and leave them on stock or no stock to element me turning them off as possible issue (stewing beef was in two locations which didnt help) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

jeffk wrote: »
    Also another thing, got whatever we wanted and a book on the way out

In the book there is Shortcakes and Peanuts, the app doesn't have them(another butter, Miwadi, Veggie Burgers was there instead)

In Lidl today they didn't have any shortcake at all so it was probably taken off due to delivery issues, supply chain unaffected.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    In Lidl today they didn't have any shortcake at all so it was probably taken off due to delivery issues, supply chain unaffected.

I didn't see it in app, then herself said when looking at the book why didnt you tell me and get them

They may knock printing the lidl plus on the head, thats two or more weeks its changed

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Have they stopped giving 5 € welcome treat for new users?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Frozen Veg or Swiss Roll on scratchcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Don’t see the point in them putting things on the lidl plus anymore as everything good is never in stock. Cheese loaf and mi wadi were all I wanted from This week and both gone. Very close to deleting the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭tx_tx

OmegaGene wrote: »
    All depends on the day and the time of day you go, loads of mi wadi yesterday morning and this morning

Also depends on where you go. The 3 Lidls around where I live are quite different in that respect.

One restocks after 1-2 days, in another it typically takes around a week.

And shortages happen faster in one compared to the others - I don't know whether it's down to the quantities they keep in stock, or maybe it's different demographics shopping there, who may be more prone to go mad for vouchers.

Orange Juice 78c or Chocolate Wafer Bars 97c on scratchcard (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

zell12 wrote: »
    Frozen Veg or Swiss Roll on scratchcard

Got a chocolate Swiss roll. A bit of sugar and chocolate ganache and that's the Yule log sorted. :pac:

Frozen Veg or Swiss Roll on scratchcard (again)

10/12
    9tR6vtX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I like kitkats, duck and cheese. Based on other missing items the last few weeks, I can tell ye now that the duck and cheese will both disappear off the app Thursday morning lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I wish they'd make it possible in the app to zoom in on the photos of the packaging for the special buys. It can be quite difficult sometimes to figure out if you've got the right product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Yeah if you go into the treat on the app and scroll down it'll say Product code and 6 digits. Like the shower gel is code 225737 so check the shelf label (not the bottle itself) to make sure it's got that code.
    Sometimes the same code covers a few flavours or varieties of the product

I never realised there was a rapeseed oil company in Donegal. Great to see Lidl promoting small irish companies, hence I know about it
    https://donegalrapeseedoil.ie/our-story/ https://www.goodfoodireland.ie/blog/life-down-farm-donegal-rapeseed-oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They have product codes and these codes are on the shelves along with the name and pricing so you can match them up

I'd prefer not to have to keep putting my reading glasses on and off to do that though, especially as they immediately fog up with the mask. Pain in the butt.

123654789 wrote: »
    I like kitkats, duck and cheese. Based on other missing items the last few weeks, I can tell ye now that the duck and cheese will both disappear off the app Thursday morning lol

Don't be pessimistic. There's a chance they'll be in stock, if you shop before 9:30 AM on Thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

tx_tx wrote: »
    Don't be pessimistic. There's a chance they'll be in stock, if you shop before 9:30 AM on Thursday :D

That is all well and fine if you are in town or pass by on way to work, but if you live out the country and do your shopping later in the week, doesn't make financial sense to take extra spin to Lidl.

I get there twice a week and would love to be passing by every day to avail of free scratchers but twice a week ain't too bad, plus get my son's freebies then too, ( as he working from home now) ðŸ‘last Sat picked up 2 pks of choc wafer bars ( love these)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Orange juice or wafer bars...

I wish the free treats were not so sugar laden.
    I'd rather a turnip...

At least the washing up liquid was sort of useful (if you use enough).

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Orange juice or wafer bars...

I wish the free treats were not so sugar laden.

I agree, but I see it as an opportunity to get creative.

I just tried this recipe with the free orange juice. https://www.carolinescooking.com/orange-overnight-oats/

I loved it, I'm delighted with myself :) (I also happened to have dried cranberries that I wouldn't use, so 2 birds)

Sure, it has more sugar than my usual porridge with soy milk and fresh fruit, but it's not excessive either.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Orange juice or wafer bars...I wish the free treats were not so sugar laden.
    Frozen Vegetables tamarraw
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115528561&postcount=1750

I have mixed feelings about these vegs. When I saw them on the scratch card I took them without a second thought, they seemed just what I needed.

Positives:

They're a super convenient way to eat more vegs (and I need that), because it's a well chosen mix, and they are already mixed with spices and oil.

They're really tasty, for the same reason.

Negatives:

The pack recommends to add oil to the pan. Don't! The moment I added them to the pan, I realised that they've been overly generous with oil. Eating them, the texture is also quite a bit oily.

In fact, looking at the nutri-scrore, a serving contains 49% of the RI of saturated fats, 41% of salt, 24% of fats. I was shocked. It's worse than most unhealthy desserts.

If I could find the exact same thing, but with half the oil, and healthier kinds of oil, that'd be fantastic. (I don't care so much about salt)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Bought butter and peanut butter on offer today. Vegetarian burgers were out of stock.

tx_tx wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about these vegs. When I saw them on the scratch card I took them without a second thought, they seemed just what I needed......
    The pack recommends to add oil to the pan. Don't! The moment I added them to the pan, I realised that they've been overly generous with oil. Eating them, the texture is also quite a bit oily.....
    They be free! And better than the swiss roll!
    I microwave them like other frozen veg. Turn out fine and tasty.

• Advertisement

They be free! And better than the swiss roll!
    I microwave them like other frozen veg. Turn out fine and tasty.

I have no regrets taking them, and I'm genuinely thankful for anything Lidl gives me for free.

Just saying that I thought it could be something I could start buying several packs a week, but I won't. And I never knew vegs could be so unhealthy :D

Advertisement