Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Turn up the brightness and it usually scans successfully
    The app turned up the brightness on my phone automatically, just on the scan QR code page, it lowered again when I backed out, never saw that before.

No problem with multiple offers in one transaction either, I used Nutella/apple juice/cookies/chicken all 50% off along with the €5 off €25 voucher in the one go with no issues, added a bottle of vodka to get it aswell so no alcohol issue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,401 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thargor wrote: »
    The app turned up the brightness on my phone automatically, just on the scan QR code page, it lowered again when I backed out, never saw that before.
    Google Pay does it if you store passes in it, and some boarding pass apps do it as well.
    No problem with multiple offers in one transaction either, I used Nutella/apple juice/cookies/chicken all 50% off along with the €5 off €25 voucher in the one go with no issues, added a bottle of vodka to get it aswell so no alcohol issue either.
    Weird that the cookies didn't work on mine then.

And I assume we were both in Bray? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Amberjack

Just signed up, do you need to activate your offers in advance or can you leave it until your in store and when you do activate them, do they give you a code to use at the till or how does it work?
    Thank

And I assume we were both in Bray? :D
    Yep :D

• Advertisement

Amberjack wrote: »
    Just signed up, do you need to activate your offers in advance or can you leave it until your in store and when you do activate them, do they give you a code to use at the till or how does it work?
    Thank
    As far as I can tell the offers say expiring in 7 days and they still say that after you activate them so not sure what the point of that is...

Anyway just hit activate on the ones you want in the app, bring the stuff to the till, scan the QR code on the new scanner at the till before you pay then just pay and all the discounts should appear on your receipt automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Tried to use it this evening and it wouldn't deduct the €5 off €25 but did give the almond ice creams at 50%..Lad on the till tried to put it through 3 times but no joy..His colleague intervened to say that the €5 off €25 was only available to staff at the moment but should work for me next time!!!😕

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭CFC007

Used it this evening in the Belgard road store. No issues with using any of the offers. The digital receipts are handy in the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The Aer Lingus app does the same when you view a boarding pass.

Another (stupid) question, but I activated all my offers and I can’t see a QR code or voucher Code, they just say activated. Do they get emailed to you or should they show up somewhere on the app or how does it work?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

It is not yet available in Blanchardstown West End

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kevincaomhin

Amberjack wrote: »
    Another (stupid) question, but I activated all my offers and I can’t see a QR code or voucher Code, they just say activated. Do they get emailed to you or should they show up somewhere on the app or how does it work?
    Thanks

You scan the card(QR code) that's on the home page of app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

eguiney wrote: »
    It is not yet available in Blanchardstown West End

Shows on map when you select your store if it has LidlPlus or not

Blakestown is active, apparently, if that's any use

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Thanks a million OP - saved €9 this morning

You scan the card(QR code) that's on the home page of app.

I get you, so it’s all linked to your card as such.
    Thanks a mill, will give it a whirl over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Is it possible that my partner can add the same card to the app on her phone?

DeKing wrote: »
    Is it possible that my partner can add the same card to the app on her phone?

She might be better getting her own as double the discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

How long is this app active with offers?
    and how often do the offers change?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Same for me. No idea why they do it this way as it's very confusing :confused: Got a free snackpot with the scratchgame on the app after my purchase today. Think I'll redeem it seperately just to make sure it's free! Thanks though OP!
    I'm presuming it's to 'simplify' refunds. If you bring something back, you'll be refunded the price minus the % discount applied to that specific item.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Used this yesterday, as others said the discounts on the receipt are confusing but I think they all add up to the fiver off. Got the cookies for a euro, bin bags for 99c and those fake Magnum almond ice creams were delicious too.

I wonder will the half price offers be a weekly thing? Great if they are

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

All I need now is the four-for-€6 Franziskaner offer and I'm laughing!

Quackster wrote: »
    I'm presuming it's to 'simplify' refunds. If you bring something back, you'll be refunded the price minus the % discount applied to that specific item.
    Makes sense, hadn't thought of that!

Used it in Baldoyle earlier, took a few goes to read the qr code but got there in the end. Happy days and thanks OP for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

anyone used these on self service checkouts yet? Not in many of their stores but east wall and moore st both have them, I presume it's like scanning any other item like clubcard in tesco?

OK, I've figured out why I didn't get the discount on the cookies, I bought triple choc chip cookies instead of (the vastly inferior) double choc chip cookies! My mistake after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

Alun wrote: »
    OK, I've figured out why I didn't get the discount on the cookies, I bought triple choc chip cookies instead of (the vastly inferior) double choc chip cookies! My mistake after all!

Made the same mistake today

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

grimm2005 wrote: »
    anyone used these on self service checkouts yet? Not in many of their stores but east wall and moore st both have them, I presume it's like scanning any other item like clubcard in tesco?

Just found out the hard way in East Wall that the self-service is NOT yet set up, at the end of scanning everything in...
    So, had to get everything voided and off to the normal checkout. Some signage to this effect would have been useful.

Wonder if the electronic receipts in the app will count as a receipt if you try to return something? On the rare times Ive bought dodgy food from Lidl they wont take it back without a receipt, which I never have for food, always do for tools and electronics. Aldi take anything back no questions asked.

By the way dont forget to try the scratchcard function in the app aswell, got a free pack of berry and nuts today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Wonder how long before Aldi do something similar.

Advertisement