Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

When I used the revolut virtual card, I had to renew it on my Irish sub first then wait the month for it to expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chefjom

Hi,
    Similar to you I couldn't get it working with Nord VPN.
    I ended up buying a Turkish Netflix gift card and joined through the Turkish app.
    It worked and then I successfully added my mastercard (took a few times of doing the same process for adding the card but eventually worked).

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Chefjom wrote: »
    Hi,
    Similar to you I couldn't get it working with Nord VPN.
    I ended up buying a Turkish Netflix gift card and joined through the Turkish app.
    It worked and then I successfully added my mastercard (took a few times of doing the same process for adding the card but eventually worked).

I might look into this even though it's a bit more expensive. Whats the cheapest site to pick up these gift cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

would you recommend adding Revolut card BEFORE irish sub expires or adding it once your sub has expired and you are doing renewal - change payment details to Revolut ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

jarvis wrote: »
    I’m sorry I was being sarcastic. It’s literally on every single page of this entire thread at least once. It’s the single biggest issue I ever see discussed here. Do some reading and your issue will go away.

Stop trying to be a dick. It is not on every page on this thread. I have nf turkey. I am trying to update my payment details with a bank card I know works because it is just a newly issued card of existing payment method.
    I have followed the advice that was already mentioned a handful of times on this thread to do this through the Irish nf. I am letting ppl on here know that this method is NOT WORKING for me.

Go eat an Easter egg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

would you recommend adding Revolut card BEFORE irish sub expires or adding it once your sub has expired and you are doing renewal - change payment details to Revolut ?

It shouldn't matter but to ease stress levels I would do it before hand - I have had success adding it after.

I managed to add a virtual Revolut card to my account after cancelling my Irish subscription, and not have to reactivate my Irish account for the month*. Then turned on VPN and renewed (VPN is VPN Unlimited) via Turkey no problem. It is worth a try and if you need to you can always use it with your Irish account for a month if you need to.

Ensure you have your mobile number verified too.

*I had a Revolut debit card I didn't think was pre paid but it must have been and it didn't pass the initial Turkey test

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Rustyman101

random out, got to the stage looking for a Turkish number once, rejected numerous times using virtual revolut and irish cc, strange out using windscribe vpn, turning on at various stages no logic to this at all

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chefjom

I might look into this even though it's a bit more expensive. Whats the cheapest site to pick up these gift cards?

Got one from G2a, didn't do too much research. Got the code immediately nó issues

random out, got to the stage looking for a Turkish number once, rejected numerous times using virtual revolut and irish cc, strange out using windscribe vpn, turning on at various stages no logic to this at all

Not sure if that was an autocorrect on my name. Usually I am in the same position as you, following the steps doesn't work, but you have to follow then directly. If you have a verified Irish number you shouldn't need to add a Turkish one

Not sure if that was an autocorrect on my name. Usually I am in the same position as you, following the steps doesn't work, but you have to follow then directly. If you have a verified Irish number you shouldn't need to add a Turkish one
    how do you verify your number ? irish number on the account, not even getting to the text request now ! going to leave for a day or two n try again tbh its not worth full price content is poor enough ,i think i have followed the steps to the letter thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Got notification of a price increase this morning. Going up to 54.99 TL from 41.99 TL. It's still only ~€5.83 but 31% is a massive price increase.

If I was Turkish I wouldn't be very impressed. I wonder if there's any other country cheaper now or if they'll also be going up in price?

Edit: Just to answer my own question, Argentina is now the cheapest for Basic and Standard, but Turkey remains the cheapest for premium. Only a few cents in it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

My Netflix will expire tomorrow, so will give this one more go (didn't work for me last time I tried). Hopefully following some of the steps that some had success with will pay off!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Simi wrote: »
    Got notification of a price increase this morning. Going up to 54.99 TL from 41.99 TL. It's still only ~€5.83 but 31% is a massive price increase.

If I was Turkish I wouldn't be very impressed. I wonder if there's any other country cheaper now or if they'll also be going up in price?

Edit: Just to answer my own question, Argentina is now the cheapest for Basic and Standard, but Turkey remains the cheapest for premium. Only a few cents in it either way.

I’m on the top plan with Argentina currently as picked that by mistake (don’t ask, currently awaiting cancellation to swap to Turkey).

The top plan UHD is €10.20 in Argentina so Turkey is still considerably cheaper. The reason Argentina looks close is that the tax they add on top.

Revolut currently charges €5.85 for 55 Lira so nearly half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

OK so I tried this last month with the AIB card that was already been used to pay for NF. Despite trying multiple VPN's I had no joy. I know some banks block payments to other countries so I switched to my Revolut card and renewed in Ireland for a month on it.

The subscription expired a couple of days ago so I turned off the location security on Revolut and tried multiple VPN's but still hitting the same error with your payment message. I've checked the VPN addresses and all showing as Turkey. I even paid for Proton as a recent poster got through with it but didn't work for me. Also tried using the Brave browser but same payment error message.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to get around it. Be interested to hear if other people had a similar experience and how they got around it. I know some posters suggested a virtual Revolut card which I could try. Would I have to renew on it in Ireland for a month before I try it in Turkey or can I just try it for Turkey now?

I gave up trying and went with the gift card option for 75 lira so that worked for this month even if it was a few euro more than just paying directly. My card details are still on the account. Does anyone know will they revert to the card when the gift card is emptied or is it likely to be rejected and the account suspended until I add another gift card?

how do you verify your number ? irish number on the account, not even getting to the text request now ! going to leave for a day or two n try again tbh its not worth full price content is poor enough ,i think i have followed the steps to the letter thanks for the reply

I'll have to get exact details later but an option in your account settings I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

still on argentine came to 752 pesos for middle rate. which costs nearly 8 euro, so i dont think its cheaper than turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

Said it before, for the many having trouble, front load a few gift cards. Instant and hassle free for very little extra cash. You could load up 6mths ( 3x100TL Cards)in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

dodzy wrote: »
    Said it before, for the many having trouble, front load a few gift cards. Instant and hassle free for very little extra cash. You could load up 6mths ( 3x100TL Cards)in minutes.
    Can you please share the link to buy reliably and cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Happy days, got it working with Turkey :) .. light the beacons!!

Here are the steps to best of my knowledge I did. There is abargain alert today for VPN unlimited.

1] I Wasn't connected to a VPN
    2] I signed into Netflix app on phone (I had previously logged out of everywhere I had used Tv/Mobile etc.)
    3] I selected "Restart Membership", it then presented my with the pricing options, which were in Euro
    4] Bring up your app drawer (leaving Netflix app where it is) and I opened up the VPN Unlimited app
    5] I connected to Turkey
    6] Switched back to the Netflix app
    7] Pressed back to go back to the main Netflix screen, from the pricing screen, and again selected the "Restart Membership" option
    8] Pricing updated to Turkish Lira.
    9] Selected Premium plan 54.99TL
    10] Select continue
    11] It had my Revolut Mastercard details already on screen
    12] Hit continue, It did ask for a mobile number, I didn't enter anything, just hit continue, and boom, payment accepted ! Got a receipt from Revolut on the app automatically, didnt have to approve anything., all good.

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Happy days, got it working with Turkey :) .. light the beacons!!

Here are the steps to best of my knowledge I did. There is abargain alert today for VPN unlimited.

1] I Wasn't connected to a VPN
    2] I signed into Netflix app on phone (I had previously logged out of everywhere I had used Tv/Mobile etc.)
    3] I selected "Restart Membership", it then presented my with the pricing options, which were in Euro
    4] Bring up your app drawer (leaving Netflix app where it is) and I opened up the VPN Unlimited app
    5] I connected to Turkey
    6] Switched back to the Netflix app
    7] Pressed back to go back to the main Netflix screen, from the pricing screen, and again selected the "Restart Membership" option
    8] Pricing updated to Turkish Lira.
    9] Selected Premium plan 54.99TL
    10] Select continue
    11] It had my Revolut Mastercard details already on screen
    12] Hit continue, It did ask for a mobile number, I didn't enter anything, just hit continue, and boom, payment accepted ! Got a receipt from Revolut on the app automatically, didnt have to approve anything., all good.
    ah thats gas, never actually thought of just clicking continue ! doh, anyway bought a TK netflix voucher used that no bother in the end , thanks to all ! half the buzz is actually getting it to work....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

newincity wrote: »
    Can you please share the link to buy reliably and cheapest.

This site was posted in the thread previously.

https://www.g2a.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I messed this up a few times by jumping the gun. I cancelled but on last day tried the OP process. Need to wait till day after cancellation and then sign out of all devices. Then it worked a treat Revolut payment method, irish phone number changed in advance , Revolut account topped up with Turkish Lira.
    Click restart saw EUR price, switched on VPN unlimited them backed out and clicked restart to see Turkish Lira prices.

Thanks OP and all those that contributed.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Set up a new account via VPN to Austria to take advantage of a free first month. No trouble adding Revolut as payment method and adding & verifying an Irish mobile number.

Will move to Turkey when the free month is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Quackster wrote: »
    Set up a new account via VPN to Austria to take advantage of a free first month. No trouble adding Revolut as payment method and adding & verifying an Irish mobile number.

Will move to Turkey when the free month is up.
    That's excellent. I did the same, verified phone and it took a hold on my revolut.
    I have a Turkish ACC but it's got no phone etc so I'll cancel my Austria acc and keep it there in case I have trouble with my reg account.

On back of this, I went into my regular Turkish account (I set this up in 2018 when ireland had a month free and no phone number required) and now I've managed to add an Irish phone number (and verified it with received code - last month it wouldn't do this as my number was not Turkish) and add a revolut virtual card and make it preferred payment method. Revolut shows a test of 1 lira. All completed without a VPN on.
    Only a month ago, i couldn't change my payment method to anything else.
    I wonder has netflix made things a little less restrictive recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

TheDriver wrote: »
    On back of this, I went into my regular Turkish account (I set this up in 2018 when ireland had a month free and no phone number required) and now I've managed to add an Irish phone number (and verified it with received code - last month it wouldn't do this as my number was not Turkish) and add a revolut virtual card and make it preferred payment method. Revolut shows a test of 1 lira. All completed without a VPN on.
    Only a month ago, i couldn't change my payment method to anything else.
    I wonder has netflix made things a little less restrictive recently?

No joy yesterday tried to sign up with vpn as Turkey acc after signing up from ire and cancelled sub with revolut as payment method. Ended up signing up as Irish acc again...

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    No joy yesterday tried to sign up with vpn as Turkey acc after signing up from ire and cancelled sub with revolut as payment method. Ended up signing up as Irish acc again...
    Did you get a payment failed note? Mine tested revolut fine, got my notification from revolut and no error from Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭John mac

went through the process yesterday ,
    my vpn didnt work for turkey (wouldnt load netflix)
    downloaded another vpn , that was fine checked my ip , showed turkey ,
    however when i went to pay my netflix the total was €13.99,
    checked with google maps and there i was in Holland ..

another vpn , same deal , wouldnt tell netflix it was in turkey ,
    in the end i went to Argentina , everything went through smoothly .

i used Revolute mastercard,
    that was it ,
    vpn woes its what caught me out .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Making by move tomorrow. Checked vpn unlimited & it's working perfectly for Turkey. There actually seems to be a few movies on Turkey that might not be on Irish that are worth a watch. Revolut card has been on Netflix for over a year and my irish phone number is verified. Fingers crossed I'll be saving a small fortune for 4k pack after midnight

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Making by move tomorrow. Checked vpn unlimited & it's working perfectly for Turkey. There actually seems to be a few movies on Turkey that might not be on Irish that are worth a watch. Revolut card has been on Netflix for over a year and my irish phone number is verified. Fingers crossed I'll be saving a small fortune for 4k pack after midnight

What movies have you identified? Btw you do know you need the Vpn always to watch Turkish Netflix rather than just sign up via turkey

Advertisement