Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uk Birth Marriages Deaths

Options
  • 18-01-2021 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

is there a similar site for Uk Records that i can look at certificates online pay and print off immediately like at

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

which is very handy if u dont want the original cert

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The place to order certs for England and Wales is gro.gov.uk.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

However, they are very much not immediate. Recently had to order several.

PDFs (for births and deaths) took 4 working days and then they email you when ready.
    Marriage certs are only available by post, which they send second-class so can take up to 2 weeks for delivery to Ireland.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

pinkypinky wrote: »
    However, they are very much not immediate. Recently had to order several.

PDFs (for births and deaths) took 4 working days and then they email you when ready.
    Marriage certs are only available by post, which they send second-class so can take up to 2 weeks for delivery to Ireland.
    Thanks folks what I meant was more u can view them online like the Scottish site I mentioned than actually needing the actual one

Is this were the likes of find my past or my heritage , and ancestry. Com would have these , if any of these sites are anyway good

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

You cant view any online but you can view some details on

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

a very good website, provided you have some basic details such as surnames and locations etc.

No, there's no equivalent. You can get indexes on all the main commercial sites and freebmd.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ath262

depending on the area you might be lucky and find parish records on FindMyPast or Ancestry - Church of England mostly, also worth checking familysearch and Parish Clerk site as they have some partial transcripts.

ath262 wrote: »
    depending on the area you might be lucky and find parish records on FindMyPast or Ancestry - Church of England mostly, also worth checking familysearch and Parish Clerk site as they have some partial transcripts.

Thanks for all that folks so findmy past and ancestry etc dont have them to view, i was under the impression they had, thanks

FMP and Ancestry have just the indexes to the BMD records but not the actual certs.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We are really quite spoiled here with the free access we have.

we have the 1901 and 1911 census is the next one 1926?

and when do people think this will be released ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

1927* - nobody is going to make any moves to alter the Statistics Act.

*if not later to get indexes like we have for 1901/1911

Scotland probably has the most records available but at an immense price. There is, however, indexes for much more recent years than we have, and they're FOC.

Guys, this thread has run its course. Torrevieja, there's lots of threads about the census here, if you have a search.

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement