Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Hey all at Mariavilla

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Is that Westfield? Looks like the PP decision is due 22/11/2022 but they've already started on construction?

That's the one - where have you seen construction started?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

citylad74 wrote: »
    Naoise O’Cearuil organising a Zoom call on Tuesday at 7 on the proposed Mariavilla apartments- details over on the FB Maynooth notice boards.

Without any planning files yet that's going to be nothing but a rant fest. I don't think there'll be anything available by tomorrow.

edit: seems there will be absolutely nothing available by tomorrow so this is a pointless get-in-there-first attempt that will achieve nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

L1011 wrote: »
    Without any planning files yet that's going to be nothing but a rant fest. I don't think there'll be anything available by tomorrow.

edit: seems there will be absolutely nothing available by tomorrow so this is a pointless get-in-there-first attempt that will achieve nothing.

You wouldn't be accusing Naoise of a pointless PR job would you? The pandemic has really affected Naoise now as he can't be photographed at the opening of an envelope anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Scoundrel wrote: »
    You wouldn't be accusing Naoise of a pointless PR job would you? The pandemic has really affected Naoise now as he can't be photographed at the opening of an envelope anymore.

Naoise can actually be seen from time to time, many can't.

• Advertisement

Staplor wrote: »
    Naoise can actually be seen from time to time, many can't.

Unfortunately he can be heard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Unfortunately he can be heard as well.

He may yet prove a worthy successor to Frank O'Rourke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

We had invisible Councillors last time (one in particular) but its not really an issue now.

He may yet prove a worthy successor to Frank O'Rourke.

Oh good God I fear you may be right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Carter D

EJC4711 wrote: »
    We’ve signed contracts on Lyreen Lodge.
    We were over there yesterday. The major delay on the houses at the back was a pipe had to be moved by Irish Water and that has now been done. Foundations are now in for the houses at the back.
    People were moving into the houses at the front over the past couple of days.

Nice houses getting built around maynooth and kilcock areas. What did you go for 3 or 4 bed house ?
    Semi or detached?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

We’ve signed contracts on Lyreen Lodge.
    We were over there yesterday. The major delay on the houses at the back was a pipe had to be moved by Irish Water and that has now been done. Foundations are now in for the houses at the back.
    People were moving into the houses at the front over the past couple of days.

Did you sign the clause removing your right to object to further planning changes requested by Southport New Homes to the site current planning in terms of number or type of houses? Sadly this seems to be the Kildare way of doing business. The green space beside the river looks primed for another 12+ houses which is a shame. I suppose if it's not apartments than it's maybe it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EJC4711

Yeah the contract includes that clause. I doubt that they will get planning for any additional houses on that site, so I’m not bothered by the clause. The clause is pretty standard anyway.

Even if the clause wasn’t there and I wanted to make a submission/objection, would it be taken into consideration by KCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Yeah the contract includes that clause. I doubt that they will get planning for any additional houses on that site, so I’m not bothered by the clause. The clause is pretty standard anyway.

Even if the clause wasn’t there and I wanted to make a submission/objection, would it be taken into consideration by KCC?

In Ireland (and probably other countries), you can't sign away your rights. You can happily sign anything they want you to, and go right ahead and object.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

New fire station planned for Maynooth. New build/new location. Anyone know where it will be going?
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/598625/kildare-fire-service-gets-allocations-in-new-funding-plans-announced-by-minister.html

I hope a proper community plan is made for the whole area that is vacated, which is sizeable. Anyone know the ownership status of the adjoining lands around the Firestation / KCC depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

New fire station planned for Maynooth. New build/new location. Anyone know where it will be going?
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/598625/kildare-fire-service-gets-allocations-in-new-funding-plans-announced-by-minister.html

I hope a proper community plan is made for the whole area that is vacated, which is sizeable. Anyone know the ownership status of the adjoining lands around the Firestation / KCC depot?

It doesn’t mention a new location in the article

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

wally79 wrote: »
    It doesn’t mention a new location in the article

Will be up near the Circle K petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Owned by a private developer.

There was a proposal from time immemorial (OK, the Tiger era) for a new road through from the Glenroyal, through the fire station site, and to a new opening on Parson Street - where the row of houses was getting ever more derelict until they were done up maybe 5 years ago. This would have provided the access to the substantial enough land bank there which is otherwise basically blocked off. There were no specific plans lodged for anything other than the new buildings and roadway on Parson Street as far as I remember, and those are long lapsed

Since then, the fire access road across to the Glenroyal has been built and Leinster Street has been changed to a shared surface so they probably do not intend it to become the main access to any developments there - the Parson Street option is likely to resurface.

I would expect - and hope - that KCC require a good standard of buildings and a sensible density for whatever is built on those lands, you aren't going to get that size of landbank in a town centre, beside a future DART station, and strolling distance of a university anywhere else.

If you tie in the council depot (very questionable if that is going anywhere, though); the Louis Fitzgerald land and the site wrapping around the Garda station including the old Buckley house, its more than half the size of the existing town centre.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Perfect location for a community centre and town centre, my guess they will ram as many apartments as possible into it.

Also a great chance to expand the care home and put in a shared/elderly living facility like the one in Naas for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 citylad74

Did the ABP hearing due on 6 January go ahead on the plans of Cairn for a heap of apartments on the remaining strip of land in Mariavilla development on the Dunboyne road? Any outcome yet? Thanks for any info on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Is there anything planned for the piece of land behind Lidl and Barton's Transport, stretching over to Griffin Rath? What's the status of this land? Who owns it and how is it zoned? And has there been any planning permission sought for it?

Is there anything planned for the piece of land behind Lidl and Barton's Transport, stretching over to Griffin Rath? What's the status of this land? Who owns it and how is it zoned? And has there been any planning permission sought for it?

Phase II of Mullen Park. Planning secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is that road still planned to join up with the road going through Griffin Rath?
    Will it only be joined/opened when all of the houses are built?

The road is part of the planning requirements; in theory it should open before all the houses but that basically never happens.

Another few, no big estate movements yet:

21/97 - 34 apartments above Greenfield S/C (more discussion on this in the shops thread)
    21/98 - 7 apartments above Bistro 53

Cairn proposal hasn't yet gone to application and there's nothing much else in the obvious big development pipeline. There is planning expected for a social housing development at Old Greenfield / Fitzgerald Close too but it's not the same type of planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Hello,

Would anyone have a view on the Mullen Park development for a non local, the houses look lovely and the location convenient.

However are nearby Griffin Rath residents complaining over a flood plain issue in that area?

Any help or advice appreciated!!

Sections of the fields it was built on flooded in the past. There is apparently sufficient drainage and retention tanks to resolve this.

It is likely that the next phase of the estate will be bought by a voluntary housing body - this is subtly different to being bought by the council as they significantly vet their tenants so it would not cause me any concern - but other peoples have differing opinions.

Sections of the fields it was built on flooded in the past. There is apparently sufficient drainage and retention tanks to resolve this.

It is likely that the next phase of the estate will be bought by a voluntary housing body - this is subtly different to being bought by the council as they significantly vet their tenants so it would not cause me any concern - but other peoples have differing opinions.

Thanks so much thats really helpful. Whats driving your knowledge ofnthe housing body buying the next phase? The agent hasnt been able to say when or if the next phase is launching alright.

Leaks from the county council, basically. They were considering buying the first phase, which is why it was nearly fully built before it went on sale

The agent is never, ever, ever going to tell you even if they know for sure.

• Advertisement

Leaks from the county council, basically. They were considering buying the first phase, which is why it was nearly fully built before it went on sale

The agent is never, ever, ever going to tell you even if they know for sure.

Thanks so much.

Advertisement