Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

But do you have to be brother and sister or how does it work? Does this need internet to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

RossieMan wrote: »
    But do you have to be brother and sister or how does it work? Does this need internet to work?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Couldn't resist. It's literally all been discussed in the past couple of pages. Nobody wants to read anymore.

RossieMan wrote: »

Yes you do internet to work Netflix like any other online service and on this thread we all brothers and sisters .Big Netflix family :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wait, hang on. Netflix is on the Internet now?

This. Changes. Everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm still using pigeons.

Still have 2 spaces left I need to fill them quickly otherwise is no point for me to have that plan. So price is 2€ per month. Just pm me if you're interested to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Omegagene, how do you keep posting in here and maintain your sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Wait til they put glenroe on it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Just noticed targeted pricing on the Turkish site

When using native Holavpn browser on my phone, Premium package cost 45.99 TL.
    Using chrome via Holavpn same package cost 43.99 TL . And when using FF or Opera it's 39.99 TL.
    Similar but smaller differences for the other packages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

Just noticed targeted pricing on the Turkish site

When using native Holavpn browser on my phone, Premium package cost 45.99 TL.
    Using chrome via Holavpn same package cost 43.99 TL . And when using FF or Opera it's 39.99 TL.
    Similar but smaller differences for the other packages too.

just checked it there and it differs even on the same browser

used HolaVpn with chrome and the first price was 39.99 TL
    turned on the VPN and tried again now price is 49.99 TL with chrome again
    3rd time and price is 43.99 TL

so it does change every time you open / close VPN

5star02707 wrote: »
    just checked it there and it differs even on the same browser

used HolaVpn with chrome and the first price was 39.99 TL
    turned on the VPN and tried again now price is 49.99 TL with chrome again
    3rd time and price is 43.99 TL

so it does change every time you open / close VPN

lol. didn't try that.. and never saw 49.99.
    i wonder how many ppl signed up for the randomly higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

lol. didn't try that.. and never saw 49.99.
    i wonder how many ppl signed up for the randomly higher price.

seems like they're testing prices not just in Turkey

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/03/21/netflix-testing-new-uk-pricing/

5star02707 wrote: »
    seems like they're testing prices not just in Turkey

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/03/21/netflix-testing-new-uk-pricing/

ahh. now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Actually it's interesting, how much do we think netflix would get away with charging before people head back to more "free" sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sky who charge a lot more than Netflix, increase their prices nearly every year and still manage to keep a healthy proportion of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Sky who charge a lot more than Netflix, increase their prices nearly every year and still manage to keep a healthy proportion of customers.

Can't believe the hungry hoors have now started offering Netflix as an add-on now to their own packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Turkish Lira is taking a battering today if anyone needs to top up their revolut account

Can't believe the hungry hoors have now started offering Netflix as an add-on now to their own packages.

Sky knew they had stiff competition from customers cancelling and going with FTA satellite and Netflix instead so they did a deal with Netflix to include them in their offerings instead of trying to compete against them. Netflix are the big winners out of that deal either way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Turkish Lira is taking a battering today if anyone needs to top up their revolut account

Was just about to post the same thing, Ive a number of alerts set up on my Revolut for Turkish Lira and three of them have been exceeded in the last few hours, €1 is currently worth 6.57 lira, it exceeded 6.60 lira a few minutes ago

That's because of the diplomatic row that has brewed in the last week between the Turkish president and New Zealand & Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Just thought I'm mention this for those who are using Windscribe VPN. I've been trying to sign up to Turkey over the past couple of days with no success via Hola, it keeps refusing my Revolut card. Anyway, I tried the free Windscribe and just thought I'd check for dns leaks and it came back with the virtual IP... and my own real IP4 and IPv6 address's while connected to the VPN with the firewall turned on.

Seems like one of the only vpn's that can unblock netflix but if there is dns leaks no way would I buy it.

You can check here .... https://ipleak.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ohmeha wrote: »

Topped up with another 6 months of Lira. Dolby vision/atmos 4k plan of Netflix for €6.06 not bad :chefs_kiss:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Just thought I'm mention this for those who are using Windscribe VPN. I've been trying to sign up to Turkey over the past couple of days with no success via Hola, it keeps refusing my Revolut card. Anyway, I tried the free Windscribe and just thought I'd check for dns leaks and it came back with the virtual IP... and my own real IP4 and IPv6 address's while connected to the VPN with the firewall turned on.

Seems like one of the only vpn's that can unblock netflix but if there is dns leaks no way would I buy it.

You can check here .... https://ipleak.net/

https://windscribe.com/support/article/11/dns-leak

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Hola does work when you take out a subscription, Revolut payment is a known issue discussed here on a weekly basis you just need to keep trying
    As for windcribe I don’t see what the problem is if you’re only using it for a few minutes while you subscribe to Netflix and then delete it.

You're right about the Revolut, I got there in the end. If you're only using the Windscribe for signing up, then it's fine but I saw people on here purchasing it for a year, and if they are using it for anything other than netflix they should check the test.
    flexcon wrote: »

Yep I already read that last night before I posted. In that link it say's "If the DNS server IP is in the same country as the location you're connected to, but the IP itself is not equal to the IP that you're actually assigned, that's not an issue."

Well when I'm connected to Windscribe and do the test, it comes back with the virtual IP address, and then it has ALL my info, my Irish IPv4 and IPv6 and the 4 servers I'm connected to in Ireland. It's shocking stuff.

I then disconnected from Windscribe and connected to my IPvanish and done the same test, and all that comes back is the IPvanish sever.

Do you have Windscribe, and did you do the test ?

I don't want to derail this from Netflix as it's a netflix thread. But I will say if you have windscribe installed for anything other than Netflix just be careful as I don't have any faith it in. I contacted their support and told them it was leaking when IPvanish was water tight and they said they have a firewall that prevents leaks...but.... if the user (me or you) have a firewall installed it could interfer with their firewall and cause leaks. I never heard the likes of it. Below is a snippet of the chat.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as I have seen people in this thread recommending it.

"As mentioned, Windscribe implements a firewall which blocks all activity outside the tunnel on the operating system level. This eliminates all leaks. Keep in mind 3rd party firewalls and/or anti-virus software sometimes may interfere with the Windscribe firewall. We recommend you whitelist Windscribe, or disable your firewall."

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1 Goosebumps

Anybody got place for one more “sister” in their Netflix family?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

You're right about the Revolut, I got there in the end. If you're only using the Windscribe for signing up, then it's fine but I saw people on here purchasing it for a year, and if they are using it for anything other than netflix they should check the test.

Yep I already read that last night before I posted. In that link it say's "If the DNS server IP is in the same country as the location you're connected to, but the IP itself is not equal to the IP that you're actually assigned, that's not an issue."

Well when I'm connected to Windscribe and do the test, it comes back with the virtual IP address, and then it has ALL my info, my Irish IPv4 and IPv6 and the 4 servers I'm connected to in Ireland. It's shocking stuff.

I then disconnected from Windscribe and connected to my IPvanish and done the same test, and all that comes back is the IPvanish sever.

Do you have Windscribe, and did you do the test ?

I’ve used them for many things over the years.

Interestingly one of the few VPN sites to work faultlessly with BBC i player. Iplayer will not work if you had a DNS leak. So far what they say on their site suggests all is ok.

But always willing to learn more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 gibbers07

Anybody looking to fill a spare place in their Netflix family? Ta.

Advertisement