Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Clearly not a Karen.

Hiya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Have to be up for work in 6 hours and stil not in bed. Damn depression

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

fr336 wrote: »
    Have to be up for work in 6 hours and stil not in bed. Damn depression

I am, to this day, my own worst enemy in that respect, can't get in to bed, then can't sleep, then can't get out. Depression, anxiety et al are a curse. *hugs*

I am, to this day, my own worst enemy in that respect, can't get in to bed, then can't sleep, then can't get out. Depression, anxiety et al are a curse. *hugs*

Hugs to you too. Im quite weird in that i stay up to avoid the next day than stay in bed in the mornings. My job is fine its just always a big mental effort to get through the day. Work is good for me for social side but home is less stressful. I tried medication for one day back in march and havent felt right since - maybe giving up so easily made me worse though as i stopped myself from getting help? Blah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was lucky there, medication helped me as soon as the initial two weeks dosing took effect, just played about with the dosage then..

On a completely unrelated note i sat on my wet hat and now have a soggy arse :mad:

• Advertisement

I was lucky there, medication helped me as soon as the initial two weeks dosing took effect, just played about with the dosage then..

On a completely unrelated note i sat on my wet hat and now have a soggy arse :mad:

Yeah i didnt have major side effects though it was only one day lol all i felt by evening was tge anxiety pretty much gone but just awful empty depression. Not dark depression just i dunno.. I should have stuck with it for the 2 weeks as i have had that before without any meds and maybe it proved they would work

A soggy bottom as my old mate mary used to say

Yeah it needs the few weeks unfortunately, kinds feels weird like giving up your freedom initially but i only wish now i'd tried earlier.

Ahh mary berry and her soggy bottoms, i must admit i like a soggy bottom on an apple tart :P

How long is your hair!!!

When I was young, I wasn't allowed cut my hair & it was so long I had to lift it over my shoulder when I was in the toilet :)
    The day I was 16 I went to the hairdressers, she rang my Mam to see if it was OK to cut it!
    So I got it shaved up the back & a bit longer at the front. I will never have hair longer than my shoulders ever again!

Edit, Silly me, it was your hat! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grem, I read that as you sat on your wet hand!
    I was a bit puzzled by that tbh :)

To thine own self be true

bubblypop wrote: »
    How long is your hair!!!

When I was young, I wasn't allowed cut my hair & it was so long I had to lift it over my shoulder when I was in the toilet :)
    The day I was 16 I went to the hairdressers, she rang my Mam to see if it was OK to cut it!
    So I got it shaved up the back & a bit longer at the front. I will never have hair longer than my shoulders ever again!

Edit, Silly me, it was your hat! :):)

My hat fell on to my seat!. My hair is growing out a total scalping :pac:

• Advertisement

All cosy in the lovely bed. Goodnight earthlings. :) And to anybody struggling, hope tomorrow is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

fr336 wrote: »
    Hugs to you too. Im quite weird in that i stay up to avoid the next day than stay in bed in the mornings. /quote]

Nope. You're not alone with that one.

Bedside.. processing

Photos?. Cheese?. Mike??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Post nite Indiee Rock blast...we had a good time !¥

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I really hope you'll get some good news about the condition your friend is in Mak.

Lying in bed with himself next to me for the last time. Sleeping on and off. Cuddling my cat on Monday is keeping me going. The support from you lovely lot means more to me than I can express so thank you.

Stay strong, we're here ;)

Having a lovely morning with the kids. I'm truly blessed with the two of them.

Here's an earworm for ye..

Then I look at you
    And the world's alright with me
    Just one look at you
    And I know it's gonna be
    A lovely day
    (Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)
    (Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)
    A lovely day.... :D

Strolling in sunshine, salted caramel ice creams bought for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I admire your self-restraint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am up and at em early today. Sore head tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

I am up and at em early today. Sore head tho.

You probably need a head massage.

Don't be strolling in the sunshine too long or they'll melt on ya :D

Don't be strolling in the sunshine too long or they'll melt on ya :D

Oh just short stroll home with them, stashed in freezer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TTW'S, love that Earworm , have fun with the little ones :)

It is raining away here , no sun but can see blue skies further out the road . Coffee time !

In bed listening to the lovely wind. It's all whooshing noises. Time for coffee and painkillers. Oh! Maybe bf will go get me sausages!! :D

I'd say he'll give you one sausage if you ask nicely..

Currently watching Demolition Man !

I'd like 3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning or is it Afternoon all :)

Bright and blustery here :) All this talk of sausages I’d love a breakfast roll :D

Couchside with a slight headache and no motivation. I hope Phoenix is ok, what a horrible thing to happen, are people just gone totally heartless or just mad ,what a rotten scummy thing to do to someone, I'm fuming over it.
    Phoenix I don't want to sound all 'parenty' but what I've learned in life is you need to look after yourself ,go with your gut and trust very few ( I really mean trust nobody but that makes me sound harsh lol). I hope you get over this and get home safely...honestly what an absolute p***k.

Any holes a goal? .... Jaysus.... What happened to the old Victorian, demure and virginal Perse?!

That was a construct you invented!! :D

• Advertisement

Couchside with a slight headache and no motivation. I hope Phoenix is ok, what a horrible thing to happen, are people just gone totally heartless or just mad ,what a rotten scummy thing to do to someone, I'm fuming over it.
    Phoenix I don't want to sound all 'parenty' but what I've learned in life is you need to look after yourself ,go with your gut and trust very few ( I really mean trust nobody but that makes me sound harsh lol). I hope you get over this and get home safely...honestly what an absolute p***k.

We do have to look after ourselves Duvet, as I do say charity begins at home. I think life would be lonely and our relationships superficial if we couldn't trust though :( After lots of hurt it can be really hard and risky, but if trust our intuition and be wise with those we have in our lives, then we will rarely go wrong :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement