Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Lately at the weekend when I'm in the midst of my late night gorge festival, I finish my tayto cheese and onion sandwich and just can't resist making another one straight away. The white bread, the real butter and the tayto cheese and onion is just a match made in heaven. Why must it be unhealthy? Why? *bawls crying* :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You're all giving me the munchies and my choices are a bread stick or a cracker. It's no wonder I'm drinking!

How bad! I love bread sticks dipped in butter! they would great with beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Seph, you're a genius! Sure the cholesterol will melt from my arteries with the beery butter.

Tell Duvet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've never had my cholesterol checked. I should probably go for a check up some time although I'll probably have this thought again in two years time. :D

Once you turn 40 you'll be hard pressed to get out of a gp surgery without a cholesterol check and an ecg. I can only guess that come my next birthday they'll be doing cognitive capacity testing on me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

You're all giving me the munchies and my choices are a bread stick or a cracker. It's no wonder I'm drinking!

Drink away!

I'm live from the leaba searching Disney + for something sad and stuff. Loads on offer! Mrs G bet into some crap downstairs. If I had drink I'd be havin it.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote:
    Once you turn 40 you'll be hard pressed to get out of a gp surgery without a cholesterol check and an ecg. I can only guess that come my next birthday they'll be doing cognitive capacity testing on me as well.

I can't remember when I last had a check up with the GP but it's a very long time ago. Should probably get around to it.

Come into my parlour said the duvet to the dude...😉

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sardonicat wrote: »

Ecg ?
    I've never had one :eek:

ETA,
    though I think Duvet and Seph will be needing one soon :pac:

I can't remember when I last had a check up with the GP but it's a very long time ago. Should probably get around to it.

I only go if I'm unwell now. About once a year or so. They nab me with a needle and the ecg machine when I get in there. This is followed up about three weeks later with a phone call from the practice nurse:'pre-diabetic, blah, blah. Cholesterol borderline, blah blah'. In other words, my cholesterol and blood sugar are at the higher end of normal. Annoy me when there's actually something to worry about. I don't drink or smoke and have absolutely no social life at all since I became a carer. No one is taking my only pleasure and vice (aside from what I share with Mr Sardi, obviously ) away from me.

I'd kill for a tayto samgwidge right now. ...

(That sentence auto corrected to "kill gorgeous a tautology!" I think I should dust off my philosophy books again.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought Golden Wonder crisps were a thing from my youth.
    Don't see them round these parts anymore.
    Walkers are awful, the taste of oil off them.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My diet isnt great but its definitely hereditary also,my dad and younger brother both got stints in the last couple of years. Butter is definitely a huge problem for me,I just love it,I could pick up a teeny weeny piece of bread and put about half a pound of butter on it,I just love it.
    Is a life of green leafy veg,pulses and oats even worth living?
    Seph, you're a genius! Sure the cholesterol will melt from my arteries with the beery butter.

Tell Duvet. :pac:

I use to butter my ex's toast sometimes and I don't use that much butter myself, I scrape it on sparingly and anytime I would butter her toast for her she'd give me some look, as if to say, "ya spread a bit more on there now fella" 🤣🤣
    Come into my parlour said the duvet to the dude...��

*walks into the parlour innocently*

Oh hey there duvet.......watcha doing with that whip there and that butter......? 😜

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ecg ?
    I've never had one :eek:

ETA,
    though I think Duvet and Seph will be needing one soon :pac:

Really? Best practice now is for everyone over 40 to have one included in their annual check up. Maybe it's cos I'm a fatso.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

"kill gorgeous a tautology!"

Hah sounds like something i'd come out with (and say) :pac:

"kill gorgeous a tautology!"

Hah sounds like something i'd come out with (and say) :pac:

I may even have written that down in an exam. Pity I can't make it make sense to me anymore. Definitely going to do an hour of philosophy reading a day from now on. My brain has turned to sludge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I may even have written that down in an exam. Pity I can't make it make sense to me anymore. Definitely going to do an hour of philosophy reading a day from now on. My brain has turned to sludge.

My thinking cap is moth eaten and lost :(

My thinking cap is moth eaten and lost :(

You can always get a new one, Gremlinertia. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

True and once your in the 50's it's liver scans and prostrate checks(for the men folk) on top of bloods EKGS,MRI's and stern giving out to for not living your age.

You can always get a new one, Gremlinertia. ..

But i can't think where :P

Goodnight crayturs. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Really? Best practice now is for everyone over 40 to have one included in their annual check up. Maybe it's cos I'm a fatso.

I'm a tad *cough* over 40, last week was my first time with my doc since 2014 apart from a trip to the walk in surgery late one night for antibiotics, 60e to be told I need to eat rabbit food ,fml.

• Advertisement

and stern giving out to for not living your age.

They can fUK right off with that. I unfortunately did not spend my youth living me age for reasons too dark or too dull to go into here. Once I'm free from my role as carer I fully intend to live it to its fullest. 25 here I come again.

Night TTWS.

I'm beginning to think it's a full MOT I'm needing with all these tests I've never had done but apparently should have !

ETA ,

Purple Mountain, Supervalue sell the Golden Wonder crisps .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Night TTWS.

I'm beginning to think it's a full MOT I'm needing with all these tests I've never had done but apparently should have !
    If you don't know you don't have to worry about it!

If you don't know you don't have to worry about it!

No harm in an oul oil and filter change occasionally. 😉

No harm in an oul oil and filter change occasionally. ��

What do you do about a rotten big end?

Hide it somewhere ... :cool:

Cover it in butter?

Cover it in butter?

Genuinely lol here :D

Cover it in butter?

And lick it off?

• Advertisement

I should go to bed. Should I bring the ancient Greek fella, the 18th century Scottish fella or the 19th century Danish lad. I could always bring the 20th century French/Algerian...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement