Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The overuse of the interrobang is a bit ta at times !?
    Especially if it's preceded by "then". "So you did meet him, then !?"
    "Off to a party, then!?"
    I find it makes people look stroppy in text.
    An eroteme is fine on its own.

TA Facebook Stories.
    Please post it normally so I can just look at the post when I have time and refer back if I want to. As a story it flashes off screen and is gone forever in a few seconds.

Really ta to have lost my earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I do this too. I usually go back through my posts/emails/txts and remove most of the ! I've put in. The pressure of not appearing too excited about things!!!

My husband recently told me that he once worked with a woman who had no idea what ! was. She had never encountered it in her life (she was in her 30's at that stage) and couldn't understand it's purpose at all. :eek:

TA for today/last night - my hypocritical neighbours all coming out at 8pm to clap for the NHS and key workers. When the ****ers are still flouting all the social distancing rules and are carrying on with their lives as if they're on an extended half term break. :mad:

Imagine she got a not-well-thought-out card from Spain with iHola! on it :pac::D

Feck feck feck
    I still haven't replied to my messages
    Feel like I'm living on a different timeline to other people...it just whizzes by and gets away from me...and I feel so guilty!

I guess ta I cant do everything...also been writing in order to earn money and my synapses won't fire on command...they needtimeto recharge...then Ill do a daily round up text...but I seem like a cold b1tch in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I never got the chance to mark my #60,000 post in a celebratory form.

The bast*** cat has eaten the suet fat balls in my bird feeder.
    There is a reason cats have a reputation.
    Although the bast*** dog would've eaten them if it knew how to climb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody say see you, call you,etc first thing in the morning and your wondering time are they referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Obviously didn’t wash the conditioner out of my hair properly last night and now my hair looks disgusting. Dry shampoo to the rescue, I hope....

Ah well feck. There's the rain. I was going to sit out in the garden and drink my prosecco. Will just have to do it inside. Sweet elixir for challenging times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lidl bananas.
    Look perfect on the outside but black on the inside.
    Caught again! :mad:

The ordeal of a SuperValu click and collect. The system itself if brilliant - park the car, ring a buzzer, they bring the stuff to your car. But I can't cope. Left my keys out of my hands so when I was finished, had no idea where they were. To make it worse, some man was waiting to pull into the click and collect spot I was in and I had to shout over that I lost my keys :( I'm sure he must have thought I was an idiot the way I spent 5 minutes frantically searching for them.

Then there was no salmon in my order - the only thing I actually really, really wanted - and no substitute... so, just no salmon?? At all??

In a rage with OH now because I had to go and collect all the stuff even though I am exhausted from growing his child. Came home and left all the stuff ont he kitchen table where he is working. I refuse to put the stuff away. There are frozen items - I don't care. They can f*cking thaw out - am not putting them away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »

In a rage with OH now because I had to go and collect all the stuff even though I am exhausted from growing his child. Came home and left all the stuff ont he kitchen table where he is working. I refuse to put the stuff away. There are frozen items - I don't care. They can f*cking thaw out - am not putting them away

I'm laughing as I was the exact same when I was pregnant!

If it makes you feel any better I got to dunnes 5 mins after opening... I queued for an hour to get to the door of the shopping centre and another 40 mins from that door to dunnes door.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA Penneys isn’t online

I'm laughing as I was the exact same when I was pregnant!

If it makes you feel any better I got to dunnes 5 mins after opening... I queued for an hour to get to the door of the shopping centre and another 40 mins from that door to dunnes door.

Does it get better? I'm terrified I will just be a crazy woman for the rest of my life! After my last post, he got the hint and put the stuff away - I'm even more TA now because I have nothing to be grumpy at him about anymore :mad:

That experience in Dunnes would probably have sent me over the edge today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That bloody You Should be Sad song by Halsey. It's being played to death on every radio station, there's no escape from it!!

TA I have some kind of social disability that prevents me from being able to wrap up conversations properly. I can chat to someone and be perfectly normal, witty etc. but for some reason when it comes to saying goodbye, it gets so awkward, usually resulting in a "bye" x 50 and some random sh*te. I spoke to a colleague a few minutes ago and everything went fine until then end when I told him to "stay safe out there". :confused:

TA I have some kind of social disability that prevents me from being able to wrap up conversations properly. I can chat to someone and be perfectly normal, witty etc. but for some reason when it comes to saying goodbye, it gets so awkward, usually resulting in a "bye" x 50 and some random sh*te. I spoke to a colleague a few minutes ago and everything went fine until then end when I told him to "stay safe out there". :confused:

I think you're being hard on yourself. Everyone's saying that lately. I've even got it at the end of business or acquaince emails.

I've settled on "mind yerself".

TA my face hurts from an accident and the day totally changed, sun to clouds, and from "I'm on top of everything" to stress from a friend's situation.

TA Im still being emailed by businesses I've unsubscribed from numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Honestly most people are like this! I was (distantly) chatting to someone yesterday and when they said “I better be going“ I said “thanks and same to yourself”.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"stay safe out there". :confused:
    Honestly most people are like this! I was (distantly) chatting to someone yesterday and when they said “I better be going“ I said “thanks and same to yourself”.

Look on the bright side, both of you... at least you didn't say, "Byyyyeeeee, love youuu!" :D

I think you're being hard on yourself. Everyone's saying that lately. I've even got it at the end of business or acquaince emails.

I've settled on "mind yerself".

TA my face hurts from an accident and the day totally changed, sun to clouds, and from "I'm on top of everything" to stress from a friend's situation.

TA Im still being emailed by businesses I've unsubscribed from numerous times.

It was more the "out there" part that annoyed me. Like, as if the place is full of rabid zombies :pac:

At least you didn't say "thanks be to God" :D

• Advertisement

It was more the "out there" part that annoyed me. Like, as if the place is full of rabid zombies :pac:

I know, I instantly picture a post nuclear apocalyptic wasteland that was once county Clare every time someone says it. I feel sort of heroic though.

New Home wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, both of you... at least you didn't say, "Byyyyeeeee, love youuu!" :D

This is what I did a friend's mother's funeral.

Shook hands with his brother, who I don't know and I says "thanks for coming".

At a work colleagues father's funeral.
    Went to give her a kiss on the cheek.
    We both turned the same way,then the other way and then back and ended up kissing on the lips. Morto :pac:

I unintentionally grabbed and held someones hand once. We were just exchanging small talk in town, I don't even know her. No idea how my arm shot out and clasped her hand of its own volition.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Chanks!

When Cheers and Thanks get fumbled together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Me...."I'm going to a wedding today'

Friend...."Oh that's great ..who's getting married"

Me... "Funeral!...I'm going to a funeral today"

Always get those 2 mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Saw a gorgeous top on Boohoo’s Instagram page. Decided I wanted it so looked it up, out of stock in my size :(

iamstop wrote: »
    Chanks!

When Cheers and Thanks get fumbled together.

I asked for a fan of canta in the chipper one night.

Said sorry to hear about your mother to someone who's father had died.

If I sat down to think, I could have my own thread on these kinds gaffs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You ever have one of those days were you turn into Frank Spencer? You drop things, knock things over, trip, cut and burn yourself.
    I had one of those today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When peoples say that all I can think of is Hill Street Blues :)

• Advertisement

You ever have one of those days were you turn into Frank Spencer? You drop things, knock things over, trip, cut and burn yourself.
    I had one of those today.

The odd time. Closed my own hand in the door once (in my defense there is no handle and you have to pull it towards you and let go fast) More prone to brain glitches, sense of direction just goes (which is ta as I'm very good at geography). Theyre my "one of those days" days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement