Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Looking at gorgeous scenery images that a local photographer posted on Facebook.

Stunning.

Ah come on now.

I don't like to backseat mod but will you give it a rest at this stage. It's pure windup shite and not wanting to back down.

Not your post obviously Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The weather, yes it fûcks people up but it’s guaranteed me a day free from plans that I was being roped into.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What a day out.

Hardy but what a sky!

Got a new woolly beanie cap with fake fur lining on Amazon and it's keeping my head and ears toasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The absolute luxury of having a garage for my car. No frost clearing. Having said garage empty of accumulated “treasures” which were dispatched to the correct place…a skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

Friday feeling for sure... gee the weather today was just magical.. low sun in the eve - sunshine and perfect blue winter sky.. had a fab walk - felt glad to be alive.. and no dampness.. twas -1 deg but didn't feel that cold.. people i met wer generally in good form.. happy days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The cuteness that sometimes comes with frosty weather. On my walk home from work today I saw a girl who was around 8 years old writing in the frost on top of a low wall with her finger.

When she had moved on a bit I saw what she had written in several different places along the wall. Things like "hi" and "hello how are you =)" and "I love you". As I moved on I saw that she was continuing to write nice words all along her route home from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BBC4 showing the Dusty Springfield Show with Scott Walker as special guest

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you wake up, it's freezing, you get up and make yourself a cuppa to bring back to bed and when you tuck yourself into bed again and take a sip it's the perfect temperature.

• Advertisement

Got asked for ID last night when buying a few beers ekk.. like, i'm 43.. so dunno if I should be happy or sad about this one,... but I'll go with happy lol... i'll be glad of it when older.. tis all in the genes..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Towards the end of a cold, damp and grey cross town bus trip, ppl were miserable and grumbling loudly to each other and the bus had food on its floor. at one of the stops a lady with a disability got on the bus with her guide dog, the change in the environment was instant. Dog went around to talk to the person in the seat behind him and then had a lie down.

Dog was golden in colour and def brought the happy with him getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've a chicken roasting in the oven.

Gorgeous smell on a cold day 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The happy part turns to annoyance when you don't have any ID and are refused despite being old enough to be the shop assistant's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Tried out my new walking shoes this morning, super comfortable and went on a nice walk in the countryside.

back home now where it's warm having a mince pie and a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

Just discovered salted caramel M&M’s today. They are fantastic. Happy afternoon spent eating a large family size bag and watching TV.

lol.. nah when I told em my age they wer embarrassed.. no ID was required

@Neames oh Happy New Shoes.. love the feeling of new shoes you love.. woo hoo..

I’m a couple of years younger then you but if I was asked for ID at our age be checking my change 😳 😝

my Aunt's hubby has been in hospital for the last month..

till today she has been able to visit him every day.. but she couldn't go today due to fear of falling of icy footpaths.. (v cold where they live today)

when I spoke to her at 7pm she has already talked to him on the phone 6 times today..

now thats LOVE... they are married 53 years - and their love for each other is just indescribable

its so beautiful - they are truly blessed.. such a glorious thing..

(i love being in their company.. the love and respect they have for one another is heart warming - you could not put a price on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just spotted a frozen spiders web . Its woven to perfection and looks just incredible .

• Advertisement

met up with a good friend today and she gave us a tea brack - made by herself.. so thoughtful of her.. its delicious - and tastes even better knowing she made it for us #lovemyfriends

100% of Christmas shopping done.

next purchase for me is a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have to do my Christmas shopping yet . But it’s a ribeye steak, a few beers and 2 Christmas cards . Oh the joys of downsizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The NCT over and done with for another year 🚗

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wooh hoo.. it's great not to have it hanging over you isn't it?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That it is ! With it being an older car I always fear it'd have to go to permanent sick bay 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Or as I was told way back. " Park it up!" ie beyond help...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got my copy of the RTE Christmas guide today

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Does it run from 17 December to 30 December (awful)

or

24 December to 6 January (perfection - last done in 1977)

Advertisement