Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commenting on courses, modules and lecturers

• 02-08-2010 10:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

I want to make a few quick points about commenting on courses, modules and lecturers:

I understand that particularly in the current economic climate, people are making decisions about what postgraduate courses in many cases to spend their hard-earned cash on. Making a decision is much easier when you've a full spectrum of views, positive and negative, from which to work. On this forum I aim to provide this within the bounds of legality and taste.

In the past few weeks there have been a number of complaints about some posts, and I have been concerned about the content of them. Therefore, to avoid any ambiguity, here are the rules:
    • Do not post the name of any lecturer. I do not want to protect any substandard or inadequate teachers. The problem is that posting a name is an invite for litigation.
    • If I can find the name of a lecturer by a google search of the module name, then do not post the module name.
    • In many cases you can replace the name of the module with "one of the modules on the course" and still make the same overall points.
    • If you are signing up to make a comment about a course, please make sure that your user name does not violate any of the rules above, particularly the second one.

I am operating a zero-tolerance policy on these rules, so be warned that any breach will result in a ban.

On that note I also re-iterate the point that anybody from a college that is posting in their professional capacity must PM me first before doing so. Rest assured that I can tell a 'fake student' post like a bikini in the north pole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement