Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

Do you carry the Silentnight models in King size, withe the "medium/soft" hardness rating, which is the softest SN make? Could you price up ordering a specific model?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Got two mattress’s head boards and and divans off Mick a few weeks back. Both kings and although I haven’t tried the one in the second bedroom the parents were very impressed when they were down.

The main bed I find great. I went with the pocket sprung John Lewis and I’m really impressed. It’s a little bit firmer than I was used to but supports the lower back better than any bed I’ve been in.

Quality stuff for decent prices, I think something similar to my own bed and headboard would have came in at the same price or more that what I paid for two the two king size beds.

The only slight negative and I mean slight was I thought the lads who delevired could have taken the packaging with them like every other place I ordered from the last few weeks.

All in all I’d be happy to recommend big mickeys and will be going back there in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does the john lewis mattress get any softer over time? Im worried I made a mistake buying it because it feels closer to extra firm than medium. I dont know why its categorised as medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

bush wrote: »
    Does the john lewis mattress get any softer over time? Im worried I made a mistake buying it because it feels closer to extra firm than medium. I dont know why its categorised as medium.

It definitely does. I sleep on one side of the bed and there's a huge difference in the firmness between that side and the one that's not used so much ;) I have the mattress about 8 months now

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Hi there bigmickey!

I'm looking for a standard double bed with base and mattress. The mattress has to be durable and firm.

Do you have anything in stock that might suit? Do you have priced for bed bases and mattresses seperately? Do you have bed bases with drawers?

Cheers!

Hi JupiterKid

It generally works out cheaper to buy as a set (saving of 100 euro) Vogue Ortho bed 399 euro. Drawers from 25 euro to 40 euro each depending on quality.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

ColKel wrote: »
    Looking for a double mattress for a teenager. What do you have available at the moment? Thanks

Hi Colkel

we have from 99 euro upwards but these are just a step above budget. A big seller is The Vogue for 299 euro but we have from 99 euro and they go up in segments of 50 euro after that.

Bigmickey

dcollins wrote: »
    Do you carry the Silentnight models in King size, withe the "medium/soft" hardness rating, which is the softest SN make? Could you price up ordering a specific model?

Hi, we get job lots of Silentnight, mostly cancelled orders and so on. We have an extensive range in stock in our shop and warehouse. Can you call to try ?

Bigmickey.ie

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Got two mattress’s head boards and and divans off Mick a few weeks back. Both kings and although I haven’t tried the one in the second bedroom the parents were very impressed when they were down.

The main bed I find great. I went with the pocket sprung John Lewis and I’m really impressed. It’s a little bit firmer than I was used to but supports the lower back better than any bed I’ve been in.

Quality stuff for decent prices, I think something similar to my own bed and headboard would have came in at the same price or more that what I paid for two the two king size beds.

The only slight negative and I mean slight was I thought the lads who delivered could have taken the packaging with them like every other place I ordered from the last few weeks.

All in all I’d be happy to recommend big mickeys and will be going back there in the future.

Hi there

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchases. As regards the packaging, we would never refuse to take the packaging as we can recycle it for free (Cardboard and plastic) Did you ask whoever delivered to you to take the wrappings ? Our delivery trucks have 14 to 16 deliveries on a normal day so they generally would not be hanging around in case they would miss their next time slot but I have never heard of them refusing to take wrappings before. If you still have the wrappings there then we can pick them up some day that we are near you .

Thanks

Bigmickey

Caranica wrote: »
    It definitely does. I sleep on one side of the bed and there's a huge difference in the firmness between that side and the one that's not used so much ;) I have the mattress about 8 months now

Thanks for your comment. That is good to know so we can share with our customers.

Regards

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mattressva

Hi, I need a super king size mattress (6ft x 6ft). Budget: €250-€300 (student). Something medium/firm.. any suggestions??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Casually saw 5% off code earlier on Facebook. For BigMickey. Anyone else locate it? No idea where gone. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Casually saw 5% off code earlier on Facebook. For BigMickey. Anyone else locate it? No idea where gone. Thanks

Just saw on facebook its TAKE OFF 5%

Mattressva wrote: »
    Hi, I need a super king size mattress (6ft x 6ft). Budget: €250-€300 (student). Something medium/firm.. any suggestions??

Hi

Apologies for not replying sooner. We were in UK collecting stock.

Plenty to choose from. Did we speak earlier on the phone today ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

viv2 wrote: »
    Just saw on facebook its TAKE OFF 5%

Getting "This coupon has expired" when trying to apply it!

curranbaz wrote: »
    Getting "This coupon has expired" when trying to apply it!

pm me what you need and I will have a look.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mattressva

Hi

Apologies for not replying sooner. We were in UK collecting stock.

Plenty to choose from. Did we speak earlier on the phone today ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Yes that was me, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hiya, going to detour round your direction tomorrow, are we better going to newtownforbes or Longford , ideally looking to check out your John Lewis beds or similar/better brands, also what time are ye open????

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hiya, going to detour round your direction tomorrow, are we better going to newtownforbes or Longford , ideally looking to check out your John Lewis beds or similar/better brands, also what time are ye open????

Hi

Best to go to the main shop on the Newtownforbes (N4) road. Open 12 to 5pm

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Hi there

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchases. As regards the packaging, we would never refuse to take the packaging as we can recycle it for free (Cardboard and plastic) Did you ask whoever delivered to you to take the wrappings ? Our delivery trucks have 14 to 16 deliveries on a normal day so they generally would not be hanging around in case they would miss their next time slot but I have never heard of them refusing to take wrappings before. If you still have the wrappings there then we can pick them up some day that we are near you .

Thanks

Bigmickey
    I think it was just a case of me not thinking of it at the time. No big deal and it is all binned now. Thanks for the offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

Hi,

Looking for a sturdy super king bed (to last a long time) and mattress. Recommendations?

Also, does anyone remove bed and mattress for free/with purchase of new?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Looking for a sturdy super king bed (to last a long time) and mattress. Recommendations?

Also, does anyone remove bed and mattress for free/with purchase of new?

Hi

Do you want a frame or a divan ? Timber or fabric if a frame ? We have complete beds in superking size from 499 euro

We can take away the old bed and mattress for 25 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Exce11ent

Hi,

1. What is the difference between the Moby and the Vernon Bunk Beds?

2. Which mattresses would you recommend for these? (A choice of 2 or 3 would be great).

3. Looking at buying 3-4 sets of bunk beds. How much to deliver them to Dun Laoghaire, and take away 2 double mattresses, one double base, and a single mattress?

Thanks

Exce11ent wrote: »
    Hi,

1. What is the difference between the Moby and the Vernon Bunk Beds?

2. Which mattresses would you recommend for these? (A choice of 2 or 3 would be great).

3. Looking at buying 3-4 sets of bunk beds. How much to deliver them to Dun Laoghaire, and take away 2 double mattresses, one double base, and a single mattress?

Thanks

Hi Exce11ent

Are these for rental or your own home ? We have just received a load of white wooden bunk beds that are not on our web site. Give a call or pm a number and we can discuss. Delivery is free. We can take all your old stuff for 50 euro.

Bigmickey

043 3341895

043 3345488

086 8356888

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

How much for a John Lewis 5000 double with base that has 2 drawers with delivery to Galway?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scurran19

Hi,
    I'm looking for a super king bed and medium / firm mattress. The headboard must be 100cm or lower as it will be under a window and I dont want it to come above the sill.
    Can you recommend anything? I have been looking at and quite like the Arizona Ottoman Bed Frames which are listed in the superking section but when viewed there isn't an option for that size.
    Preferable colors for the frame would be grey or white.

Thanks!

How much for a John Lewis 5000 double with base that has 2 drawers with delivery to Galway?

Hi GalwayGallimh

The John Lewis mattresses are €499 with us and we have 2 drawer double bases of a very high quality in a biscuit colour for €250 so €750 for all delivered.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

scurran19 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a super king bed and medium / firm mattress. The headboard must be 100cm or lower as it will be under a window and I dont want it to come above the sill.
    Can you recommend anything? I have been looking at and quite like the Arizona Ottoman Bed Frames which are listed in the superking section but when viewed there isn't an option for that size.
    Preferable colors for the frame would be grey or white.

Thanks!

We get a lot of beds made to size and the same with headboards so you can have whatever you want. Best might be to give a call 043 3345488 / 043 3341895 or pm us your number and we can call you.

thanks

Bigmickey.ie team

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

Hi Big M team,

Can you tell me the best price for a king size divan in dublin, incl. delivery? Budget is priority. Can you quote w/ or without storage?
    Just the divan- no bed.

Cheers.

dcollins wrote: »
    Hi Big M team,

Can you tell me the best price for a king size divan in dublin, incl. delivery? Budget is priority. Can you quote w/ or without storage?
    Just the divan- no bed.

Cheers.

Hi

Bases from 150euro. Drawers 25 euro and also 40 euro depending on what quality that you require. Delivery is free and fast in the Dublin area.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I just placed an order. When is your next delivery to Cork?

Advertisement