Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work crush and Christmas party.

• 13-12-2018 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

I work in a secondary school and have a crush on one of my colleagues. I'm 25 and she's 22.

Ive gotten to speak to get a lot recently and would like to ask her out.

We have our Christmas party tomorrow evening and am wondering should I try and turn things a little flirtier than things have been or make any moves?

I don't drink so I will have my wit's about me but it also means I may not be three most confident.

Any suggestions on how to approach this? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

I work in a secondary school and have a crush on one of my colleagues. I'm 25 and she's 22.

We have our Christmas party tomorrow evening and am wondering should I try and turn things a little flirtier than things have been or make any moves?

I don't drink so I will have my wit's about me but it also means I may not be three most confident.

Sure drop the oul hand and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

The real question is are you both women?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Wait till she's done the leaving, at least.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Awful idea. You can't make the move if you're sober and she's loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

If you're colleagues then it would be wise to remain on platonic terms.

We're only colleagues for another week or so cos I'm working as a substitute and am starting a new job after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Make sure there's no chalk dust on your hands , them handprints will give the game away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Sure drop the oul hand and let us know how you get on.

Or don't.

Nothing meaningful ever came out of a drunken fumble at a Christmas do, except maybe knob rot.

Even if you're not drinking, buy her a couple, have a laugh with her in a bigger group and keep it light. Ask her if she's ok for getting home and stuff and make sure to catch her eye and try a bit of harmless banter and flirting. The objective being, that shes thinking about you after the night is over. After Christmas, ask her out the old fashioned way and go from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

We're only colleagues for another week or so cos I'm working as a substitute and am starting a new job after Christmas.

Blow the load and hit the road.

Classic.

Noveight wrote: »
    Blow the load and hit the road.

Classic.

Do a JFK , shoot the load in her hair , she jumps out of the car screaming and runs off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Do a JFK , shoot the load in her hair , she jumps out of the car screaming and runs off.

I think you have confused who got shot with a load in the head with that post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Ask her does she want a ride. If she says no, ask her would she mind lying down while you have one.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Have you teaching job in Dubai sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get talking and ask her would she like to go out for a meal as your time there is short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Ask Feeky on his lunch break for some advice.

i think there was an old saying about dogs and doorsteps that might apply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Given all the grammatical errors I am more worried about the students.

Reati wrote: »
    I think you have confused who got shot with a load in the head with that post...

Poetic license

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

i think there was an old saying about dogs and doorsteps that might apply here.

Don't sh1t on your own.....

Don't worry he is leaving....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Given all the grammatical errors I am more worried about the students.

The OP could be a PE teacher to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Do not do it.

For the love of god, do not do it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Easy - start drinking .........and there is no time like the present, the night is but a pup

Otherwise :

I'm 25 and she's 22

could seem a bit .... odd

Is she a nun?
    We need something to increase the disaster factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Start drinking.

Nobody likes a bore

Start drinking.

Nobody likes a bore

Great idea. And smoking too. You want people to like you and think you're cool right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Larbre34 wrote:
    Even if you're not drinking, buy her a couple, have a laugh with her in a bigger group and keep it light. Ask her if she's ok for getting home and stuff and make sure to catch her eye and try a bit of harmless banter and flirting. The objective being, that shes thinking about you after the night is over. After Christmas, ask her out the old fashioned way and go from there.

Good advice. Thank you

You want people to like you and think you're cool right?

Not people per se, just this 22 year old.

Saddle up and give her one for me, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Been there done that. It was fun at the time.
    Until the next Monday at about 9am.

Trust me, don't do it.

Edit: just saw you're leaving in a week.
    Thunderbirds are go sir.

Noveight wrote: »
    Not people per se, just this 22 year old.

Saddle up and give her one for me, OP!

#WomenArePeopleToo

• Advertisement

#WomenArePeopleToo

I truly hope you're being sarcastic.

Advertisement