Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Stones pact with the Devil.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Ronnie fcuking Wood

69-74 with Mick Taylor is The Rolling Stones

Aye, while they may put on a good live show, the albums have been getting progressively worse since Mick Taylor's exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I reckon at some point Keith Richards managed to ingest a combination of narcotics that inadvertently made him immortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

Snotty wrote: »
    Genes, if you have good genes, smoking,drinkinh, drugs, doesn't seam to mater.
    Weak genes and healthy all your life and dead with a heart attack at 50

Nah .... for every cigarette you smoke god takes 5 mins off your life and give it to Keith Richards and the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

As Keith has said himself: he has enough money to make absolutely sure the drugs he takes are as pure as possible.

He's not some junkie who's desperately sharing needles and purchasing from some scummer on the street.

Im sure this helps somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Yeah, but at a population-level, the clean-livers should live longer. I think something like 40% of cancers at lifestyle-related and then you have things like cirrhosis of the liver. It’s true that healthy people can get struck down by illnesses young but your chances of living longer are better with a healthy lifestyle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Didn't Liam Miller die of pancreatic cancer at 37, I'm presuming he ate the right things and he was a top level sportsman, then you've the likes Lemmy or Keith Richards showing nothing but contempt for their bodies and living into their seventies, when really they had no right to make it past 40, it's f*cked up when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Life is cruel full stop but I don't think it's right to hint that they shouldn't be here instead of someone more deserving there's plenty of other candidates on both sides.
    Rock stars are a funny one take Ozzy also another one with two fingers up to medical science along with Nikki Stix also Slash Steve and Duff from GnR all died and sent back to planet earth not so much Duff but as good as pancares exploded.
    There has to be something in Keith's logic of been able to afford quality gear.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm not saying I'd prefer if they died young the world would have been deprived of some great music, but I heard that Lemmy drank a bottle of Jack Daniels a day for a long time, was a heavy smoker and did a lot of drugs, and he somehow made it to 70 living like that, looking at it coldly and objectively, surely his heart or liver would have packed it in long before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Who in their right mind would give a feck like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Yeah, but at a population-level, the clean-livers should live longer. I think something like 40% of cancers at lifestyle-related and then you have things like cirrhosis of the liver. It’s true that healthy people can get struck down by illnesses young but your chances of living longer are better with a healthy lifestyle.
    Unless you did a deal with the devil...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Unless you did a deal with the devil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The stones are a bunch of Tory toffs, those feckers live for ever just look at the queen she got years left in the tank yet. Must be the lizard blood in their vains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Didn't Liam Miller die of pancreatic cancer at 37, I'm presuming he ate the right things and he was a top level sportsman, then you've the likes Lemmy or Keith Richards showing nothing but contempt for their bodies and living into their seventies, when really they had no right to make it past 40, it's f*cked up when you think about it.
    Yeah it's a sh1tty game of chance.

David Crosby is another who, by his own admission, shouldn't be here. Ironically, Lemmy was really anti heroin!

But then again, so many died young too. That stupid "27 club" yoke, and all the others. If you name any indestructible rock musician, there's a very high chance that one of their fellow band members died young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Random bit of trivia on the Rolling Stones I learned on a walking tour in Prague last year. A while after communism fell, they played a concert in Prague Castle (which is absolutely magnificent, basically it's own town and like something lifted straight from a Disney movie - and I'm not even particuarly interested in castles etc typically) but thought it a shame that this castle, on the top of a hill across a small river from the rest of the city, was so dark at night that it couldn't be seen... so they gave their floodlighting equipment to the city (or paid for new ones, can't remember the exact details there).

So whenever you see Prague Castle at night, the only reason you're seeing it is because of The Rolling Stones. :pac:

night-panorama-prague-castle-charles-bridge.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I read something interesting a while back, that clean-living people are often diagnosed with cancer at a later stage, especially if they are young, because both they and their doctors think that the early, often non-specific symptoms couldn’t possibly be anything so serious because they lead such a healthy lifestyle. Whereas somebody who is less healthy might have reason to believe that something serious could be up and they get the necessary scans and screening sooner.

Advertisement