Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

corkie wrote: »
    Post's where moved from the other thread!

What I don't understand if the battery is so bad on his device, that he needs to recharge a few times per day. Then maybe he needs to invest in a newer phone!

The mods should have just deleted it. I was posting in a non chat thread .
    I never agreed to be dragged into this chat on the topic of phone snobbery. Not everyone chooses to get a new iphone every year.
    I will now buy a heap of batteries and throw them straight into landfill . That is all.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

matchthis wrote: »
    Is it ok to just put in card details when purchasing or is theree another method like PayPal. See similar question asked on page one, but no reply. Thanks in advance
    PayPal isn't an option anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

kneemos wrote: »
    This place safe to use? Will they clean out my bank account and buy a happy meal?
    Used them last few years, didn't have any issues, except for an post/customs charges

Anyone know of a seller of Xiaomi phones that send from the EU? Corkie mentioned the "Hong Kong Goldway" seller ages ago but I don't see any option on their page for EU buyers. I'm looking at a Mi 6 or maybe even a cheap Redmi 4 Pro Prime. Has to be Xiaomi (they're the best China manufacturer?), 5" size and open to having LineageOS (or some other stock Android) on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone know of a seller of Xiaomi phones that send from the EU? Corkie mentioned the "Hong Kong Goldway" seller ages ago but I don't see any option on their page for EU buyers. I'm looking at a Mi 6 or maybe even a cheap Redmi 4 Pro Prime. Has to be Xiaomi (they're the best China manufacturer?), 5" size and open to having LineageOS (or some other stock Android) on it.

If you are planning on going with LineageOS it's worth checking out the wiki to ensure that the device you are going to get is officially supported, see here. Also to do this you will need to request permission to unlock the bootloader before you change the OS, allow up to a week to get this to go through.

In terms of sellers who ship from EU it's not AliExpress but I bought mine of Oppomart, others have reported problems with them but I had no issues

Edit* ps check out the Chinese Android phone thread for more detailed info on Chinese phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

This past week has been busy for our local postie. Got 14 packages. Some even early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Yeah , looks like all back to normal or even better(2 weeks from China;).

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

www.mishop.ie - I think he ships from Galway or somewhere that direction! Got a mipad2 from him, had it around 6 months now no issues, 2 friends got phones also and no problem. Next day delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Ordered some bits recently and decided to test the ali "express delivery", paid about €3 on €6 worth of stuff. Realised a week later I forgot other pieces but decided for free delivery.

Express delivery: ordered 5/5, arrived today by registered post.
    Free delivery : ordered 12/5, arrived today.

Came over in the same container I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

LariToper wrote: »
    Ordered some bits recently and decided to test the ali "express delivery", paid about ?3 on ?6 worth of stuff. Realised a week later I forgot other pieces but decided for free delivery.

Express delivery: ordered 5/5, arrived today by registered post.
    Free delivery : ordered 12/5, arrived today.

Came over in the same container I guess :P

Was there anything on the packages to indicate that they had been sent 'differently' ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

My lovely £100 Fluke multimeter landed this week and ITS GENUINE!!

Build quality exactly what you'd expect, cracked it open and the board is to a decent standard.

I don't have the gear to verify the data sheet(its in Chinese but put together as you'd expect) but overall very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Doge wrote: »
    Speaking of Belts, 2 belts I ordered before Christmas only arrived in the last month ( I was away on holidays).

Surely that's a new record?

While on holidays I bought a fake Rolex for 6 euro just to tell the time over there but the gold paint came off and the steel tarnished to copper.

I went looking for something similar on Ali last night that isn't counterfeit and came across this brand:

2017 2016 Luxury Fashion Mens Watches Quartz Steel Reginald Top Brand Green Wrist Watch For Man relogio masculino

http://s.aliexpress.com/6Bb6V73m

Its very similar to the watch I bought on holidays minus the counterfeit branding and no crappy gold paint.

I ordered the blue and green one for $11.50 each via the app.

Hopefully it will hold up better than the other watch.

Would be interested in seeing how this pans out if you wouldn't mind posting a picture or two when it arrives. In the market for something similar myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

soirish wrote: »
    Got the OBF2 car diagnostic tool for gasoline cars for less than €3
    http://s.aliexpress.com/JbuQ3Enu

Functions:
    1.Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
    2.Clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light)
    3.Display current sensor data
    4.Engine RPM
    5.Calculated Load Value
    6.Coolant Temperature
    7.Fuel System Status
    8.Vehicle Speed
    9.Short Term Fuel Trim
    10.Long Term Fuel Trim
    11.Intake Manifold Pressure
    12.Timing Advance
    13. Intake Air Temperature
    14.Air Flow Rate
    15.Absolute Throttle Position
    16.Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims
    17. Fuel System status
    18.Fuel Pressure

Fake one as far as I know.
    Can't speak for them all but reports of 2.1 versions having not all the pins soldered to the board.
    If you can find one that is version 1.5 or even 1.4,you'd probably have better peace of mind as they would be genuine but around double the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

soirish wrote: »
    Got the OBF2 car diagnostic tool for gasoline cars for less than €3
    http://s.aliexpress.com/JbuQ3Enu

Functions:
    1.Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
    2.Clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light)
    3.Display current sensor data
    4.Engine RPM
    5.Calculated Load Value
    6.Coolant Temperature
    7.Fuel System Status
    8.Vehicle Speed
    9.Short Term Fuel Trim
    10.Long Term Fuel Trim
    11.Intake Manifold Pressure
    12.Timing Advance
    13. Intake Air Temperature
    14.Air Flow Rate
    15.Absolute Throttle Position
    16.Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims
    17. Fuel System status
    18.Fuel Pressure

If there's a CD with it, throw it in the bin. You don't need to install anything on your PC to use this on your phone, and I've heard stories of the CDs being full of viruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

McGaggs wrote: »
    If there's a CD with it, throw it in the bin. You don't need to install anything on your PC to use this on your phone, and I've heard stories of the CDs being full of viruses.

You'd really want to hate your self to put a CD into your PC that came with ANYTHING from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Doge wrote: »
    Speaking of Belts, 2 belts I ordered before Christmas only arrived in the last month ( I was away on holidays).

Surely that's a new record?

While on holidays I bought a fake Rolex for 6 euro just to tell the time over there but the gold paint came off and the steel tarnished to copper.

I went looking for something similar on Ali last night that isn't counterfeit and came across this brand:

2017 2016 Luxury Fashion Mens Watches Quartz Steel Reginald Top Brand Green Wrist Watch For Man relogio masculino

http://s.aliexpress.com/6Bb6V73m

Its very similar to the watch I bought on holidays minus the counterfeit branding and no crappy gold paint.

I ordered the blue and green one for $11.50 each via the app.

Hopefully it will hold up better than the other watch.

How do you know it isn't counterfeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

They've cut down on counterfeit sellers in the past couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Was there anything on the packages to indicate that they had been sent 'differently' ??

Not that I could see apart from a An Post Registered sticker, I guess there was something on there that indicated that but I didn't spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Did anyone order these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aukey-5-Pack-Micro-USB-Cable-Fast-Charging-Adapter-5V2A-Data-Charger-Mobile-Phone-Cable-for/32637756862.html

Ordered 15th May after seeing a post about them, up to today nothing about tracking etc. I used PostNL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

jeffk wrote: »
    Did anyone order these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aukey-5-Pack-Micro-USB-Cable-Fast-Charging-Adapter-5V2A-Data-Charger-Mobile-Phone-Cable-for/32637756862.html

Ordered 15th May after seeing a post about them, up to today nothing about tracking etc. I used PostNL

I ordered a couple of packs of these and a charger. Thought I picked the quicker post option. No sign of them yet. Still early days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

How do you know it isn't counterfeit?

If you look at the photos in the customer reviews section you can clearly see it doesn't have the Rolex branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Slunk wrote: »
    I ordered a couple of packs of these and a charger. Thought I picked the quicker post option. No sign of them yet. Still early days

I think the next option was the same price of the cables, I suppose you got a lot so wasnt as bad.

I know its usually around a month, but thought an offical shop be faster, sure its down as not left the country :confused:

jeffk wrote: »
    I think the next option was the same price of the cables, I suppose you got a lot so wasnt as bad.

I know its usually around a month, but thought an offical shop be faster, sure its down as not left the country :confused:

I just checked, didn't opt for faster post after all. China registered post. I'd say another two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Any good car phone charger?

loki7777 wrote: »
    Any good car phone charger?

This just arrived for me the other day. Seems sturdy enough and charges my opo quick enough with decent cable
    Ordered 11 May so quickish delivery too

5V 2.1 Amp 2-Port Dual USB Car Charger USB Power Adapter Universal for iPhone 6 Samsung S3/4/5/6 Black Metal Griphook
    http://s.aliexpress.com/fUjeE3qq
    (from AliExpress Android)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Whats a good android tv box for sale on aliexpress? Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Manutd623 wrote: »

MXQ PRO 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Manutd623 wrote: »

Make sure you get one with 2GBs of RAM, and an Amlogic S905x or s912 chipset, avoid Rockchip like the plague.

16GBs of storage is recommended also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

eeguy wrote: »
    My lovely £100 Fluke multimeter landed this week and ITS GENUINE!!

Build quality exactly what you'd expect, cracked it open and the board is to a decent standard.

I don't have the gear to verify the data sheet(its in Chinese but put together as you'd expect) but overall very happy.

Which one did you order.

Advertisement