Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SKY VIP

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

irishfeen wrote: »
    Same here unfortunately, it seems you have to pre-order the brand new film to get older one for free.

What's the brand new film?
    We just watched War of the Planet of the Apes and we got another free, not sure which one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

irishfeen wrote: »
    Same here unfortunately, it seems you have to pre-order the brand new film to get older one for free.

That’s weird. I selected the new film (War) and it had an option to buy and keep it and Dawn for €0.00. Both ready to send to the sky box straight away

nialldinho wrote: »
    That’s weird. I selected the new film (War) and it had an option to buy and keep it and Dawn for €0.00. Both ready to send to the sky box straight away

So did you get Planet of the Apes and Dawn for free?

corsav6 wrote: »
    So did you get Planet of the Apes and Dawn for free?

Yeah got Dawn and War for free.

corsav6 wrote: »
    No, we've been signed up for a while, we got the new spiderman movie a few months ago too.

Was it The Amazing Spiderman or Spiderman Homecoming you got?

There were two offers available the last few months
    Sky VIP Welcome Gift - choose any DVD (up to €16.99) for free; this was available as a reward for people signing up to their new sky rewards programme; once redeemed it waited on your account until you picked a DVD you wanted; some chose to use their voucher when they got it weeks ago; I only used mine last week to order. Something I wanted 😀 Maybe it was this you used to get Planet of the apes?

Then weeks later an offer was on to get The Amazing Spiderman (both digital and the DVD posted to you) This as far as I know was available to everyone with a skystore account (this offer wasn't tied to the Sky VIP programme) it was listed as an offer to try out the 'buy and keep' method they use to sell their items

Sorry for the long post :) This might clear up the mystery of the two free DVDs :)

• Advertisement

Sky VIP Welcome Gift - choose any DVD (up to €16.99) for free; this was available as a reward for people signing up to their new sky rewards programme; once redeemed it waited on your account until you picked a DVD you wanted; some chose to use their voucher when they got it weeks ago; I only used mine last week to order. Something I wanted 😀 Maybe it was this you used to get Planet of the apes?

Then weeks later an offer was on to get The Amazing Spiderman (both digital and the DVD posted to you) This as far as I know was available to everyone with a skystore account (this offer wasn't tied to the Sky VIP programme) it was listed as an offer to try out the 'buy and keep' method they use to sell their items

Sorry for the long post :) This might clear up the mystery of the two free DVDs :)

Hmmm... i think you’re right. I never entered the sky vip code so assumed the planet of the apes deal was a separate offer. But it seems that sky automatically applied the sky vip offer to my account so that’s why it showed up as free. Bit annoying!

Got The Amazing Spiderman a while back so probably wasn't limited to vip only.
    Planet of the Apes was on sky vip. As I said it's the wife that deals with it so I wasn't sure how we got them free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

cinema tickets available for Dublin, get them while they are hot.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

rameire wrote: »
    cinema tickets available for Dublin, get them while they are hot.

Thanks.

Side note:
    Additional info
    Having a ticket does not guarantee entry. Not everyone who is successful in getting tickets will go to the screening, so we have to over-issue more tickets by a percentage to compensate for these no-shows. This makes sure we have a full audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

looks like the structure of the way you apply for tickets is changing.
    you enter a lottery for tickets.
    2 that have changed or maybe they are specials.
    are premier league football tickets and Pro14 tickets.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,260 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rameire wrote: »
    looks like the structure of the way you apply for tickets is changing.
    you enter a lottery for tickets.
    2 that have changed or maybe they are specials.
    are premier league football tickets and Pro14 tickets.

Much better system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Got this in an email about how they are improving it:

You can only book one set of first come, first served tickets per calendar month, subject to availability. There are also limits to the number of tickets you can book for each sport throughout each series or season. For example, you can only enter the ballot to win one set of football tickets per league, per season.

Simply go to your My Sky app to take part.
    ---

No Show Policy

To be fair to everyone, if members fail to show up to booked events, we reserve the right to restrict their access to future events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Two Christmas freebies for Sky VIP customers right now:

Free upgrade to Sky Go Extra via the app (doesn't say how long for, make sure you cancel before being charged)

Free digital copy of Arthur Christmas via Sky Box (and probably Sky Store)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Virtanen wrote: »

Free upgrade to Sky Go Extra via the app (doesn't say how long for, make sure you cancel before being charged)

How do you access the deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Not showing on my VIP app? Perhaps just UK customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rtyped

dunleas wrote: »
    Not showing on my VIP app? Perhaps just UK customers?

You need to goto the sky store and login.

https://www.skystore.com/product/arthur-christmas/79f25d59-c4a1-4171-b7a9-41563b93abf8?v=oc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I upgraded to the free sky go extra from within the VIP section.
    Is it not free forever now?
    Can't see anywhere to say I will be charged eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Condition 5 - to continue receiving the reward, you must continue to pay the monthly cost of your sub......so looks like it’s valid as long as you stay with sky under that sub

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

iggy wrote: »
    I upgraded to the free sky go extra from within the VIP section.
    Is it not free forever now?
    Can't see anywhere to say I will be charged eventually?

I just queried this also with sky on different thread, i see on the website its free for 2 months and need to cancel 31 days prior.. Useless to me as it wont work on android box...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got upgrade to Sky Go Plus permanently because I'm Sky VIP Gold, or whatever the level is... So some people might be seeing that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

dulpit wrote: »
    I got upgrade to Sky Go Plus permanently because I'm Sky VIP Gold, or whatever the level is... So some people might be seeing that now.

didnt see it in vip app, however did get it over the phone once i asked for it. They made no mention of billing at all, so if i get charged im going back to the recorded call...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

dulpit wrote: »

as far as i could see, i got it on sky vip silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Interesting offer on Sky VIP.
    They have three west end productions that you can watch online in coming weeks.
    Six
    Mamma Mia
    &Juliet

Just sign up via app

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

You don't get the shows! Its just chatting with the cast.
    gmisk wrote: »
    Interesting offer on Sky VIP.
    They have three west end productions that you can watch online in coming weeks.
    Six
    Mamma Mia
    &Juliet

Just sign up via app

Advertisement