Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frederick St protest and reaction

• 11-09-2018 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Surprised there wasnt a thread. Maybe there's just no shock factor any more to what happens.

Anyways..without debating who is right or wrong on this, id like to hear why Gardai wore Balacalavas. Seems a little overdone.

I am of course coming in late to all this, fill me in if i'm missing obvious detail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

From the little I know about it, gardai may have been wearing balaclavas in an overdone way when they were protesting about Frederick St and there was a reaction...So I too seem to be missing any details really!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Some of those Gardai have never worn a balaclava before! The state of them!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

How did they eat the quarter pounder?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

It was the public order unit. I’m sure they were aware there would be a lot of press there and posts on social media and rightly or wrongly they didn’t want their faces posted all over the place - or they wanted to come across as intimidating?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Sinus pain wrote: »
    It was the public order unit. I’m sure they were aware there would be a lot of press there and posts on social media and rightly or wrongly they didn’t want their faces posted all over the place - or they wanted to come across as intimidating?

Shame on you , shame on you , SHAME ON YOU....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

People ignoring court order shocked by their removal by Gardai and security, shocker.

Was it just because they wore balaclavas in this weather that they have issue with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Because their faces would be plastered all over Facebook by morons claiming this and that.

Don’t blame them, they have families to protect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭jay0109

Have we found out yet who which politician owns the house in Belvedere court which was 'occupied' at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Shame on you , shame on you , SHAME ON YOU....

Shame on me? You ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Have we found out yet why the idiots who occupied the building thought they could achieve anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

blanch152 wrote: »
    Have we found out yet why the idiots who occupied the building thought they could achieve anything?

I guess that the same was thought about the tank man in China. Rosa Parks on that bus. Numerous other examples.

Raising awareness of failed policies does achieve these things bit by bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

blanch152 wrote: »
    Any chance pimple head Murphy got a slap of a baton? It would be a good night's work

guylikeme wrote: »
    I guess that the same was thought about the tank man in China. Rosa Parks on that bus. Numerous other examples.

Raising awareness of failed policies does achieve these things bit by bit.

And by occupying someone’s property illegal is the right way to go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I’ve seen numerous posters on my social media feed going nuts about the actions of Gardaí/UVF thugs/Garda Commissioner. Their histrionics is embarrassing.

If this is indicative of the new Commissioners approach, I’m looking forward to the next few months. They were straight in there. However, tackling a few crusties is way down the list of priorities. They need to smash fcuk out of any junkie/scumbag/burglar/pikey type who steps out of line.
    Long overdue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Look like a bunch of rent-a-thugs, which I guess they probably were
    The men then drove off in a white van, which had no front registration plate, and a British registration plate on the back.

41564818_1895805920498501_7692391963072397312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=542c48eae855221a23bf172de49b1aec&oe=5C36A45B

Private security firm, it's already in the thread. No need to make it anymore sinister than it is.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Private security firm, it's already in the thread. No need to make it anymore sinister than it is.

According to the IT they wouldn't identify themselves
    The men wearing balaclavas boarded up the entrance after an hour inside the property. The men would not identify themselves, or who they were acting for, when approached by The Irish Times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

White van, isn't that what pedos use?

I really don’t see the big deal here.

Any other country they would have been booted out weeks ago using force.

Time for people to start respecting the law in this country.

So what?

• Advertisement

Why should they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ipso wrote: »
    White van, isn't that what pedos use?

good evening Elon Musk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Comparison with Rosa Parks and the young man who risked his life in Tiananmen Square...

There is definitely an accommodation crisis, but how in the hell is illegally occupying a private dwelling meant to help effect change at state level? :confused:

And the guards are literally doing their job.

And the guards are literally doing their job.

Won't be long before someone tries to make a link with DOB and Siteserv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

don't like it that the guards decided to cover their faces, something you'd see in italy when they're arresting mob bosses. i understand why they did though

don't like it that the guards decided to cover their faces, something you'd see in italy when they're arresting mob bosses. i understand why they did though

Why?

What’s the difference without a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

In a country where it is absolutely legal to wear a burka style headdress, there can be no way in which you can question the executive force of the law wearing balaclavas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

One of the pricks orchestrating the whole thing wouldn’t give his surname on the radio last week. Most of the protesters were also wearing masks, so why can’t the Gardai cover their faces?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Why should they?

Because security are usually obliged to identify themselves, it's in the legislation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Jaysus this place really is a cess pit. Seems most people on here are only capable of spewing bile.

Advertisement