Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Clone Wars returns

• 21-02-2020 11:11am

The new season of The Clone Wars is released in the US tonight. For the first time in a very long time I'm really excited about new Star Wars content and cannot wait to get up in the morning to watch it.

For anyone who needs a recap on the previous 6 seasons:

https://youtu.be/czMCCuUlAZ8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The new season of The Clone Wars is released in the US tonight. For the first time in a very long time I'm really excited about new Star Wars content and cannot wait to get up in the morning to watch it.

For anyone who needs a recap on the previous 6 seasons:

https://youtu.be/czMCCuUlAZ8

Thanks! Recap was very useful. I'd forgotten some bits and I'm not sure if I'd forgotten or just hadn't noticed that Saw Gerrera was in Clone Wars.

Slydice wrote: »
    Thanks! Recap was very useful. I'd forgotten some bits and I'm not sure if I'd forgotten or just hadn't noticed that Saw Gerrera was in Clone Wars.

He pops up in Rebels too. Watched the first episode this morning, was pretty good. The weekly episode release is going to kill me though!

Much bigger in my memory from Rebels cos it was so close to Rogue One. Maybe I found out the link to Clone Wars back then but forgot.

Anyway..

Episode 1: So GOOD! These new clones fit in just fine. The early part of the episode felt like it was borderline on giving too much "here's an explanation between characters that's actually just there to catch the audience up" but it was needed for the episode.

2: The episode was grand.. kinda tided itself over getting from A to B.. then at the end
    though.. jeez.. Echo really got done. Looks like some kind of implant hacked into his head. Not sure about his legs.

2: The episode was grand.. kinda tided itself over getting from A to B.. then at the end
    though.. jeez.. Echo really got done. Looks like some kind of implant hacked into his head. Not sure about his legs.

Thought it was an OK episode. Those new droids are an interesting design.

• Advertisement

3: Ah
    poor aul Echo. I don't think he'll be the same. I wonder what the Techno Union guy meant by 'recoup our losses'

4: Good episode! The scene at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ahsoka rocking the flares. Were they flared dungarees?

This another multi part story?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

"Where'd you learn to fight like that?"
    "My big brother taught me."
    :(

I didn't notice it in previous episodes this season, but there seemed to be a massive jump in the quality of animation in this episode. It was a little bit more anime-y, with Ahsoka doing wall running and so on, but the movement of the lifter droid, all the stuff going on in the background, the smoothness of the animation. It was by a distance the best produced episode we've seen yet. The only thing that looked as good was maybe the Umbara story arc with Jedi Master Pong Krell with all the neon pink and green colour schemes, the mist, and whatnot.

Before the Clone Wars was completed with had a few books and graphic novels, including the one where Ahsoka gets her white lightsabers. I wonder will they just predate those plotlines (Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Ahsoka) or will there be some retconning.

I do hope we see Ventress again.

5: Liking this side of the season!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ahsoka rocking the flares. Were they flared dungarees?

This another multi part story?

Oh yes, I'd say so. Full on Filoni style!

Also it's not lost on me that she's landed on the Floor of the cancelled computer game.. from just before Disney bought Star Wars

• Advertisement

6: Decent episode. Get the feeling we're about to learn more about the Han Solo
    Kessel Run. I wonder if we might even see Han Solo!

We learned that in the Solo film, if I remember correctly.
    Looking at the timeline, Solo took place between episodes 3 and 4 so would be after the events of The Clone Wars

7:
    Mandalorians! This has got to be some setup for season 2 of The Mandalorian!
    The torture scene was a bit of a surprise.. and then the elevator fight.. looked like the soldier was gonna be decapitated!

7:
    Mandalorians! This has got to be some setup for season 2 of The Mandalorian!
    The torture scene was a bit of a surprise.. and then the elevator fight.. looked like the soldier was gonna be decapitated!
    Didn't even think about the torture but, yeah the guard getting killed by the elevator was a surprise even though it didn't actually show it.

Think there's a Mandalorian arc coming up. Going by the names in the credits, those Mandalorians were in Rebels.

As was pointed out, apart from the Mandalorian appearance the episode was pretty pointless since they just ended up right back where they were at the start of the episode.

There's quite a lot that's already known about the general arc of the story, from the Ahsoka novel and elsewhere. Possible future
    Maul is in charge of Black Sun and a few other crime organisations. He's at large, the last we saw (from the Son of Dathomir graphic novelisation of what they were probably planning for Clone Wars) he's probably somehow involved with the Pikes, and Bo Katan is the main Mandolorian we saw, I think. She'll basically recruit Ahsoka to help with the liberation of Mandalore from Maul's crew. The climax of the show will be the battle of Mandalore and the defeat of Maul by Ahsoka, although he'll escape in the chaos of Order 66. There's only 5 more episodes to go, so I think they need to establish that arc pretty sharpish.

Only 5 more episodes! :(

Yeah I knew the arcs are already available to read online due to the fact they released details and animated storyboards when they thought they wouldn't get a chance to do more. But I didn't read/watch them upon release then forgot about them. :)
    So good to see them now after managing to avoid spoilers. May look up the rest when it's all over. Or I may live in hope they get more.

I lost access a few weeks ago to where I had been watching them so only got episodes 5 and 6 this week. I hope this arc picks up because its not great at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is the animation in the first season 7 arc different to previous seasons?

It seems less advanced to what I remember - more like season one animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Disney+ got 2 episodes today for Ireland/UK/wherever, so now caught up to US.

• Advertisement

8:
    Bo-Katan!!!! She's got the dark sabre
    !!! :eek: Right?

Well now I'm really looking forward to the next episode!

8:
    Bo-Katan!!!! She's got the dark sabre
    !!! :eek: Right?

Well now I'm really looking forward to the next episode!
    Maul still has it AFAIK. Sidious took it from him when they fought in Season 5, but I think he got it back. Presumably the Mandalorians reclaim it once he's defeated.

I thought that episode was grand, but it did feel a bit glued together from spare parts. It really does seem like they had an endpoint in sight for the Mandalore arc, and couldn't find any particular way how to get there, so they just kinda winged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I wish they would hurry up and post the rest of the episodes. Waiting to watch them all together is killing me.

It does feel like holding off isn't a bad idea and this could be given a good binge.

Still though, I'll probably be still episode to episode

I caved and started watching them.
    Did Ashoka lose her lightsabers at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I caved and started watching them.
    Did Ashoka lose her lightsabers at some point?
    When she left the jedi, don't know if she'll get them back before end here but she got new ones in her own book and those are what she uses in Rebels and probably the mandalorian.

Good opener for the final arc.

I found the beginning of it interesting in how different it was to the previous episodes. With the "Lucasfilm Limited Event", I think it was. Saw a suggestion it could be released as a movie. But wonder if there will be more Limited Events. Maybe the occasional Clone Wars movie?

Anyway, got the answer to the lightsabre question. How long was she away from the Jedi Order?
    Looking forward to more

9: That was a very special episode!

5 seconds in and I'm like.. THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE!

and I was not let down.

About three quarters the way through, I was like THIS IS SO COOL!

This episode and the next final episode written by Dave Filoni!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_episodes#Season_7_(2020)

So... one whole week! One Whole Week!

So good. Tugging on your heartstrings throughout.

And again, the animation is so much better than the original run.
    The last time she'll speak to Anakin.
    :(

• Advertisement

I'm really interested in how they will tie in order 66, since it overlaps with Ep. III

Advertisement