Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT - the remake

• 06-09-2017 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭

Has anybody seen the remake yet?? How good is it?? I remember watching the original ad a kid and loved it. Read the book in my 20s and looks bed it too.
    Will I be able to bring my 10 and 12 year old kids to the cinema to watch the remake?? I used to love a good horror when I was their age and I turned out ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When I was a kid I made my ten year old brother watch the evil dead, he hated me for years.
    IT probably would have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Has anybody seen the remake yet?? How good is it?? I remember watching the original ad a kid and loved it. Read the book in my 20s and looks bed it too.
    Will I be able to bring my 10 and 12 year old kids to the cinema to watch the remake?? I used to love a good horror when I was their age and I turned out ok.

Defo not for kids. Good remake though, really well made and scary in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Saw it yesterday, thought they did a good job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

stoksyXL wrote:
    Defo not for kids. Good remake though, really well made and scary in parts.

Must admit, I'm usually extremely sceptical when it comes to remakes, but this was rather Good!

Plenty of other plotlines going on to maintain interest also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Not only would the scare-factor be too high for most 10-year olds, I'd say the humour would probably go over their heads, too. And it's a funny movie. The light-relief is balanced nicely against the dark parts.

So they may end up with nightmares AND puzzled by what's a New Kid On The Block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Didn't like it. Cheap scares and CG over suspense and scene development. I don't think you can get a better Pennywise than Tim Curry.

The childrens fears seemed mainly to be generic zombie like things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I liked it, but have not seen the 80s tim curry version....

Advertisement