Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Website legitimacy ???

Options
  • 23-05-2020 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Im not sure where to post this but, anyway I really want to buy a particular piece of furniture Its called a Lotus Oak 6 Hole Shelf Unit from a website called https://www.robsonfurniture.co.uk/ Im just a little bit unsure of this website as to whether its a legit website the address is
    Wednesbury Road

West Midlands

Walsall WS1 4JH I tried finding it on google maps but theres no sign of a shop on that street How can I check this is legit ? They have a live chat feature on the website which seem to be 24 7 I just chatted to them now Seems strange that they have a sales chat at 12.00 o clock on a friday night So i asked them that I couldnt find them on google maps They said this "We are an online store and do not have a physical showroom as a majority of our customers are international and most of our clients like to make bespoke changes to the products with sizes, finishes and materials." What do you guys think of this website ? There is another website also that seems to be legit but the price is very high Its called marshbeckreproductionfurniture.co.uk It will cost alot to get it delivered The piece of furniture is called Retro Oak 6 Hole Shelf Unit Should I stay clear of the other website How can I be sure its a legit website Is there anyway I can check this out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

I asked them about delivery and they said this "The item will be delivered by our own delivery team. We have a scheduled delivery team who cover Ireland every 4 weeks. The item will be delivered to your door step due to the social distancing measures. If the lockdown is completely lifted, we can bring the item to your room of choice."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm not seeing any clangers of issues. Its not a shop - there is an industrial estate on that road.

Site going since 2015 and with the same contact details, logos etc so it isn't an obvious domain hijack/reregister.

Chat bots are outsourced to call centres in cheapo countries (if they actually have any human options at all) so that's how they can be 24/7

None of this means it actually *is* legit. They have very mixed Google reviews, lots of 1s lots of 5s. And I may have missed something.

Pay by credit card (real one, debit card chargebacks are a mess) only if you do buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Had no business with them so, no personal experience...

Seller has no brick&mortar shop - normal these days, eBay, Amazon, etc.
    Website has valid cert - transactions seams to be secure.

See reviews ,decide for yourself
    https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=+Robson+Furniture#lrd=0x48709b8d68d32f57:0x1c49b85e0002f13a,1,,,

Similar risk you take when you shop on eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

They’re 104B Wednesbury Road, which is a flat...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

When I was talking to them in chat it didnt seem like I was talking to a bot

• Advertisement
Advertisement