Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snf99

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this so I hope it's a correct section.
    I'm the owner of 1 year old Samoyed, and unfortunately current situation push me to that move. I hope to find a good and loving home for my dog here in Ireland.

As he's young he's still full of energy, very playful and very friendly. If anyone is out there interested with good attitude, please let me know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kruger

Neilers80 wrote: »
    Hey there,

I have a Yellow Belly Turtle and id like to find it a new home. Ideally with someone who already has turtles.

Its a very happy lively and playfull turtle - always pushing around his stones at the bottom of his tank, diving off his platform and climbing up the purifier and playing with the water coming out. She loves getting of the tank for a wander too and is usually very hard to find afterwards and covered in dust looking like tumbleweed...

Im going travelling later in the year and she needs a new tank as she's is too big for the one she is in. She is about the size of a hand!

Sparkles really is a great pet...

Please contact me for pictures but ill post some later also.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil, Did you find a home for your turtle yet? If not I might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on where we might get a tibby pup or young dog to replace our pet of 13yrs who died recently.

One in Munster area would suit best

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

snf99 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm the owner of 1 year old Samoyed, and unfortunately current situation push me to that move. I hope to find a good and loving home for my dog here in Ireland.

As he's young he's still full of energy, very playful and very friendly. If anyone is out there interested with good attitude, please let me know :)

i have a married couple looking for a medium sized dog as a companion for their golden retriever, if you p.m me your number i will get them to ring you, btw they live in the country. they do not mind if it is male or female as they will be nutering the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

snf99 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hiya!

If you're still looking for a home for your Samoyed please let me know.

We currently have a 13 month old female Samoyed who is just crying out for a playmate!

Your Sammy sounds just like ours - playful and energetic! Our Samoyed is very attached to us - too much so perhaps, and it's getting to the stage where she absolutely hates to be left alone for any length of time even if it's just to go to the shop.

We've been thinking of getting another Samoyed for her as a companion for quite some time now and yours sounds perfect as it sounds like he has a lovely temperament aswell and they'd be of a similar age. We'd love to get her a similar aged Sammy to play with.

Do you mind me asking what part of Ireland you're in?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

hi! :)
    If anyones labrador had puppies i might be interested!
    tankies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I have a gorgeous 2 yo corn snake that needs to find a new home. He's beautifully and vividly marked, was 46" right after his last shed two weeks ago, and is a brilliant feeder.

I'd love him to go to someone who has previous experience with snakes and/ or reptiles. His vivarium is hand-made solid pine (pictured) can come with him if needed.

Drop me a PM if you're interested - I'm in South Dublin but don't have transport :o

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Hi,
    I posted up an advert on this thread because I want to adopt a male kitten. I've been swamped with loads of replies and don't get online often so can I ask that if anyone is sending me an offer to please include as much detail as possible about the kittens they are giving up for adoption. Also, please don't message me saying you know that theres someone giving away a kitten unless you're definite they are still giving it away and you can link me to a detailed post about the kitten/ tell me the details yourself.
    To reiterate, I am looking to adopt a male kitten(preferably with shots and information regarding health,age)in the Dublin region. Colour isn't important but I really have to have as much detail as is possible.
    Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 piscesgroove

I need a good home for my two 1 year old cats, they're sisters, Mooch (a torty tabby) and Twilight (black from head to paws). They're very attached to each other and are no bother as they play together, like to wander about and meet the neighbours and looking after 2 is no different from 1. Mooch comes and goes when she pleases but when she's home will curl up beside you with a purr that's on loud speaker, when she comes in she miaows until she finds you, so cute. Twilight is a little more aloof, she doesn't cuddle but will always be nearby and loves havin her belly rubbed, you have to lean right down to hear her purr but she is so fun and quirky and has the most beautiful eyes. Twilight and Mooch have a nice life right now and I would love to find someone who will take care of them, give them lots of love and outside access and enjoy them as much as I do.

Please get in touch if you are interested. Will deliver within the Dublin/Wicklow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Home wanted for a lovely two year old Ginger tom in Sligo area. Has been left behind as his owners have moved back to Poland and abandoned him. I am going to neuter and get him vaccinated but unfortunately my own male cat will not allow him near the house so need to find a home asap. I am willing to travel if someone will give him the home he deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Unfortunatly due to a few "its me or the dog" arguments in the ranch, reluctantly its time to find my best mate a new home:(

The missus isnt happy with our new son and the dog sharing the same home even tho hes in the garden,
    Hes 4 years old on halloween (31st oct) black and brindle, Extremly good natured, great with the kids and other dogs.He is a a slight bit smaller than the average Staffie, has no medical problems and hes microchipped.
    I will not be giving him to any oul home and because your the first poster dosnt mean hes yours. I need to find him a good, loving home like he has had here. any questions just ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 livi

I desperately need a loving home for my 10 mth old dog. He is a black setter / spaniel cross. He is a gorgeous dog but we just do not have the room for him. He is very energetic, friendly and loves being around people, he is great with kids.:)

He is fully vaccintaed, wormed etc and has been micro-chipped too.

Please contact me if u can help!

livcarolan@yahoo.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johy66

Hi i am looking for a cockatiel for a partner for my other bird. I would preferably like a lutino but will consider anything.

Thanks john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 guess

Hi a stray cat had 2 kittens around my parents house, they will come right up to you for food and will let you pet them while they are eating. They are about 12 weeks old. Both are tabby and white. I am in the munster area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

A few months back there was a dog in my work carpark all day. It was a Friday & when I was leaving she was still there & the gate were to be locked all weekend so I couldn't leave her.
    I brought her to my nans & washed & fed her (if I brought her back to mine my mother would have killed me like the 100 times she has before for bringing strays home)..

So anyway my nan put an ad in the herald & then on the Wednesday she decided to see if the dog was chipped, it was & thank god it went back to the rightful owner...
    That night she got a call from a man saying "If you get a call from a forgeign (eastern europe) man claiming to own the dog its not his.. he is using the dogs for bait in dog fighting"
    The next day she gets a call from a forgein guy "hello you have my dog"

My nan went mad "I dont have your ****in dog ye scumbag"

So I set up load of ads online to try & poach him to ring me.. meet him somewhere & follow him home, unfortunately he didn't call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 okeeffd

I have a cross between a collie and a lurcher, very good with children and is full of energy and very playful, i am going travelling so have to give her a new home.
    Would anyone be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Hello,
    I really really need help with this case.. I live in an apartment complex and I saw lots of kittens around, particularly 2 kittens (approx.8-9 weeks old) with their young mother (approx. 5-6months old).
    I managed to approach them, and since I fed them.But knowing that the mother can be pregnant again, I contacted Cats Protection to TNR them. The person I talked to, said that they can do the mother but the kittens are too young and likely wild, so they have to be put down!!! On top of that I have to pay for everything!!! I told her that I don't agree at all to have those kittens put to sleep because this is still possible to tame them at that young age (am talking through my experiences with stray cats). She did not really believe me, so I said to her that I agree to pay for the neutering of the mother cat, and I will find a way to have the kittens fostered or homed.
    Unfortunately, I can't foster or home them because of my cat - he needs to be the only cat at home (I tried before and it did not work out well at all).
    So, I am wondering if anybody can help me with that? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... We will trap the cat and kittens this thursday morning. I will then take them to the vet for a health check etc... mother cat will be neutered on thursday and release the next day.
    There is a very fluffy black kitten - a bit nervous but I guess with time and patience, s/he will be fine..
    The other kitten is a lovely calico - seems to be friendly and adventurous, as she comes closer and closer to me every time I come to feed them.. She even let me pet her - I say "her" because usually calico cats are female..
    Please HELP ME to find a home or foster home for those babies.. I live in North side of Dublin. PM me if you need other details..
    I will try to take pics and post them here befor Thursday..

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

We are looking for a cat or kitten to adopt, based in Dublin 24. Preferably female as males have wandered on us before! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

My partner and I wish to adopt a female long-haired (or semi long-haired) kitten. We would prefer to adopt from a rescue so we would have rescue back-up.

We are only looking for a female. We need her to have longish hair as I am allergic to Domestic Short-hair cats, but have been ok with long-haired cats. We are not interested in a feral kitten. I have had feral kittens in the past and they never were fully tame. We are looking for a companion who likes sitting on laps, being petting and would like to be mostly indoors. Colour is not important, though we don't want a white cat.

We can collect in the Dublin area only as we don't have a car.

We can offer a warm, safe home with two animal-mad adults. There are no other resident pets, but there is a visiting Shih-Tzu (she's mine, but she mostly lives at my family home). Cat would be under the care of Argyle and Bainbridge and would have all necessary vaccinations and would be neutered.

I hope I don't sound fussy, but I'm trying to be as honest and detailed as I can so that we don't waste anybody's time. We are looking to adopt from a rescue so if you have details of recues that have kittens or if you are a from a rescue, then please get in touch.

I have managed to trap 3 long hair beautiful tuxedo this morning.
    I left the kittens to the guy (Paddy) from Cat Protection. He said he will take them to the vet and find a home for them. However, if you don't want feral kittens, then it might not be suitable.
    You can also contact the North Dublin County SPCA - ask for Marie or leave your phone and she will call you back. All her cats are in foster and she desperately need to find home for them.
    If a feral cat is in foster home, it will help them to socialize with humans etc... So to be honest, a feral kitten can be very very adorable.
    I rescued mine from the street as a kitten and he is absolutely loving towards me and my partner...All his sibblings are also very loving to their new homes...
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Hi,

I have al litter of kittens living in my back garden, cat protection are coming to take them away Thurs, but if anyone wants to take one, or knows of someone looking for one, can you let me know, trying to find them homes. These are feral kittens but from reading on other posts, they can be tamed, i have handled them already and can rub their heads when they're feeding.

There are 3, i think the black one is a male.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

oh they are soooo cute! :)
    I hope you manage o find a good home for them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Hi BUlmers, where are you based? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cawsarah

I have a beautiful 5 month old male kitten which I need a good home for. I have to travel for work reasons and so need a good home for him.

He's had all his vaccinations and is very healthy and loving. Very playful too.

I also have his kitty litter, bed etc to give.

I am in the dublin 3 area. I am willing to travel to give the kitten to a good home.

Please let me know if you are interested or if anyone knows anyone who may be interested.

Bulmers wrote: »
    Hi,

I have al litter of kittens living in my back garden, cat protection are coming to take them away Thurs, but if anyone wants to take one, or knows of someone looking for one, can you let me know, trying to find them homes. These are feral kittens but from reading on other posts, they can be tamed, i have handled them already and can rub their heads when they're feeding.

There are 3, i think the black one is a male.

ohhh they are so sweet.. I really hope they will find a home and that Cat Protection will not put them to sleep...when I called their nr the woman on the phone told me that if the kittens are over 6-8weeks old, they are too feral and they will put them to sleep..
    Now I feel so angry at myself because last Thursday, the guy from Cat Protection came and we trapped 3 gorgeous fluffy black kittens and he said he will try to find them a home...but I am not 100% sure if they will get a home...
    If I were you, once you trapped the kittens, keep them and bring them to the DSPCA - at least you know they will get a chance to be tamed and adopted... They don't put the kittens to sleep unless they can't save him from severe injuries or illness... Good luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tracey3

hi im looking for a bulldog pup to get for my partner im a veterinary nurse can anyone help:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sporsen

Hi,

Is your Lurcher X Collie still looking for a home...
    if so
    Where abouts are you living?

Thanks

email me if preferred sydmwood@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

ohhh they are so sweet.. I really hope they will find a home and that Cat Protection will not put them to sleep...when I called their nr the woman on the phone told me that if the kittens are over 6-8weeks old, they are too feral and they will put them to sleep..
    Now I feel so angry at myself because last Thursday, the guy from Cat Protection came and we trapped 3 gorgeous fluffy black kittens and he said he will try to find them a home...but I am not 100% sure if they will get a home...
    If I were you, once you trapped the kittens, keep them and bring them to the DSPCA - at least you know they will get a chance to be tamed and adopted... They don't put the kittens to sleep unless they can't save him from severe injuries or illness... Good luck...

HI, cat protection came today ( Paddy?) anyway he was telling me he got kittens last thurs and they all got homes, so maybe they're your ones? He mentioned they were fluffy things anyway..

Not so good today, i stopped feeding them yday morning as the woman told me so this morning the mother and only 2 kittens were outside the door (black one went AWOL overnite??..no idea)...anyway he got the mother, felt sorry for her in the cage, but now the mystery, the kittens have totally disappeared, as soon as the guy came out the back garden with the trap, they ran and i've not seen the two black / white ones since. We waited for half hr for them to come back out, no sign. I worked from home today - nothing. I've left food out, and went into garden as i thought i'd here them calling the mother if they were hungry - silence. They have been here 3 weeks now, and all of a sudden gone, they cant climb the fence and there's no real other way out of the garden ( that i know of )..anyway will see what happens, hopefully they will turn up.

But i think the ones you got taken away were re-homed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

Just wanted to say that we are still on the lookout. We have registered our details with the DSPCA and Catsaid and they are on the lookout for us. Are there any other Dublin-based rescues that I could try? Or does anyone know of a female long-haired kitten that is in need of a home.
    Thanks!
    cosnochta wrote: »
    My partner and I wish to adopt a female long-haired (or semi long-haired) kitten. We would prefer to adopt from a rescue so we would have rescue back-up.

We are only looking for a female. We need her to have longish hair as I am allergic to Domestic Short-hair cats, but have been ok with long-haired cats. We are not interested in a feral kitten. I have had feral kittens in the past and they never were fully tame. We are looking for a companion who likes sitting on laps, being petting and would like to be mostly indoors. Colour is not important, though we don't want a white cat.

We can collect in the Dublin area only as we don't have a car.

We can offer a warm, safe home with two animal-mad adults. There are no other resident pets, but there is a visiting Shih-Tzu (she's mine, but she mostly lives at my family home). Cat would be under the care of Argyle and Bainbridge and would have all necessary vaccinations and would be neutered.

I hope I don't sound fussy, but I'm trying to be as honest and detailed as I can so that we don't waste anybody's time. We are looking to adopt from a rescue so if you have details of recues that have kittens or if you are a from a rescue, then please get in touch.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Bulmers for your post..It makes my day... Yes, it was Paddy who came to trap the kittens last thursday, and I am so glad he managed to find a home for them all. They were soooo gorgeous and I wish I could have keep them but I don't have the space and my resident cat will be too stressed...
    I hope your kittens will come back and you will manage to get them a furever home...keep us post...

Advertisement