Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does your dog play fetch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

A girl, doesn't play fetch obsessively.
    Hi em_cat,

What are kettle drills and rollercoaster games? I’ve never heard of either of these terms before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

A boy, doesn't play fetch obsessively.
    I learned about rollercoaster games when Mr C began showing his confidence issues, basically you get them excited for a few seconds and then get them to sit or down to get the treat/ toy and then let em away with it before introducing a drop or swap. It’s suppose to help the dog learn to calm himself. People use flirt poles for it but all I do with Esmae is use a squeaky ball , she gets super excited jumps and dances around until I say sit and the gets the squeaky. For drill I’ll set up some weave poles really close together and roll the ball thru and have her wait until release then she’ll bolt after.its a lot of energy to do these things but she’ll get obsessive if not kept on top of. Oh another drill we do is to set the balls out so she can see them but will go retrieve them in succession but the trick is she has to bring the first one back before going to get the second them third ononon

Advertisement