Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Anders will definitely be in the season premiere
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ good work Liz!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Any ideas as to when this will be shown in America? Will we be waiting until next year? I am addicted to the show and cannot wait for season 2!

^ mid September....not too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Brilliant! I can't wait to see how Stefan's character develops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Are RTE or TV3 planning on airing this at all?

^ no idea DeWitt....it's more of a TG4 show, imo.

S2 news: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a234923/vampire-diaries-set-will-go-green.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a234899/vampire-diaries-character-to-return.html#article_continue

Is Kayla Ewell coming back?....she looked super hot in her guest spot on CSI Vegas (as a showgirl).

DeWitt wrote: »
    Are RTE or TV3 planning on airing this at all?

Season 1 starts on TG4 on Wednesday the 4th August at 8:30pm

^ haha!...i was right when i said TG4 :-)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a238577/somerhalder-reveals-new-diaries-hopes.html

"I just don't want to be sensitive Damon anymore. I just want to get back to biting high school girls and stuff." -- LOL!, that's gas....i prefer sarky/bitey Damon as well....but loved seeing Stefan as Damon (lite).

• Advertisement

Good news about Bonnie, under used in the first series...when she came back after her grams died i noticed a character change: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a240239/diaries-graham-bonnie-gets-stronger.html

Casting news, Taylor Kinney (Trauma) has been cast for S2 of TVD:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/07/the-vampire-diaries-taylor-kinney-cast-as-mason-lockwood-damon-sinks-his-teeth-in.html

The tweenie girls will love him.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/09/vampire-diaries-taylor-kinney/

Ex-Trauma EMT Taylor Kinney is joining the cast of Vampire Diaries in the recurring role of Mason Lockwood, younger brother of late Mayor Lockwood, sources confirm.
    Described as Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) “cool” uncle, Mason is sexy and athletic (duh) and possesses an easygoing charm. Though he has more control than his nephew, he can “flip in an instant” if crossed.
    Kinney will make his first appearance in Diaries’ second-season premiere on Sept. 9.

He is hot

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/03/dexter-courtney-ford-vampire-diaries/

Courtney Ford — a.k.a. Trinity’s daughter on Dexter — has landed the potentially recurring role of Vanessa, a grad student at Duke who helps Damon, Alaric, and Elena go through Isobel’s old research.
    At Comic-Con last month, exec producer Kevin Williamson hinted that the character may be harboring a secret or two. “She’s not without her own intrigue,” he told me. “It’ll be a nice little part for someone. And it’s a part that could evolve into this massive story line or we could gut her like a fish.”

^ not watching the promo **DON'T WANNA KNOW!**...but some trivia, the song in the promo?, it's Jenny from Gossip Girl!, aka Taylor Momsen' band The Pretty Reckless "Make Me Wanna Die"....right out of the Twilight school of music!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/19/vampire-diaries-season-2-trailer/

Yeah, i can Google...so what?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/19/sexy-beast-edward-cullen-damon-salvatore/

250,000 votes?....12 years olds right?, hmmm....wonder if Damon will win?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a267353/simon-miller-joins-the-vampire-diaries.html
    Simon Miller has reportedly joined the cast of The Vampire Diaries.

Zap2It says that the actor will play George Lockwood, the patriarch of the family.

He is expected to make his debut in the fourth episode of the show's new season in a flashback scene.

Filming is reportedly underway on the episode, which will introduce the Lockwood ancestors for the first time.

Rumours have also suggested that George will be forced to work with Katherine (Nina Dobrev) despite the rivalry between werewolves and vampires.

Miller has previously had guest roles in CSI: Miami and Gossip Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This looks like it could get better just saw a few minutes of season one on TG4. I have it set to series record but haven't got around to watching much more of it.

The whole teen thing is a bit off putting (especially when they are all in their 20s) and Vampires walking around during the day.

• Advertisement

^ trust me, don't play into the whole Twilight/teen thing....it's much much better then what people think. It's got tons of drama and twists....and it can be quite brutal at times.
    All i say to people is....don't assume, give it a chance!

HAHA!...Damon kicked that Twilight twats butt!...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/26/sexy-beast-winner-cover/

Ian and TVD won!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Elmo wrote: »
    This looks like it could get better just saw a few minutes of season one on TG4. I have it set to series record but haven't got around to watching much more of it.

The whole teen thing is a bit off putting (especially when they are all in their 20s) and Vampires walking around during the day.

Oh definitely give it a chance. I fully understand the doubt that people have about it, I had it myself. I only started watching it in March when I came across a clip on youtube while looking for something else. The first few episodes are the weakest of the whole first season. I saw the episode that was on last night on tg4 and next week is where it really starts to take off.
    I watched the first 15 episodes back to back, the way they all end on a cliffhanger, I just couldn't stop watching, and then when I got caught up to US pace it was a killer having to wait a week between each episode.
    What bits and pieces I've seen for season 2, well it looks amazing. I can't wait for next week. It's probably the only show I'm proper excited about coming back on this Autumn.
    Oh and that spoiler up there about another lockwood who's forced to work with Katherine in episode 4, is good news, because I was worried that they'd only bring her in for like 2 episodes and then kill her off!! So hopefully she'll be around for most of the season :D

I think if Nina plays Katherine quite well the character should stick around, i'm also looking forward to season 2!, i hope they got a budget increase as well, add a bit more zest!

I think if Nina plays Katherine quite well the character should stick around, i'm also looking forward to season 2!, i hope they got a budget increase as well, add a bit more zest!

I did read a thing from some guy who works for one of these tv blogs or whatever, and he's seen the first episode, and says she does an excellent job of portraying both characters, and also does a very good job of being Katherine, pretending to be Elena, and it's confusing as hell for the viewer, but in a good way :D
    Also, that promo video up there is basically advertising it as "the year of the Kat" which would be very bad advertising if she was only going to be in a few episodes, so fingers crossed.

I don't know if they need more "zest" as you put it? They could maybe do with turning on an extra light here and there :D Very darkly lit show :P I can't really think of anything that's missing that would be improved with a bigger budget?

That'll be the fun part!...Katherine pretending to be Elena....cause havoc!, if Nina can pull it off you could have some major twists and drama!
    She had me fooled in the season 1 finale, until fingers got chopped i didn't cop it was Katherine!

By zest i mean a bit more action, like wire work and fights, add a bit of CGI, bit more "vampy"....but not too much :-)

That'll be the fun part!...Katherine pretending to be Elena....cause havoc!, if Nina can pull it off you could have some major twists and drama!
    She had me fooled in the season 1 finale, until fingers got chopped i didn't cop it was Katherine!

By zest i mean a bit more action, like wire work and fights, add a bit of CGI, bit more "vampy"....but not too much :-)

Ah yes, some more fisty cuffs would be fun. I hear Bonnie will be on a mission this year, so there could be some good fights there.

I kind of had a feeling it was Katherine from the minute she was walking up to the house at the end. Just the way she looked and talked seemed different from Elena, but at the same time, the way they wrote it and the way it played out, I was kind of confused by the time the kiss happened. It was very well done by all involved. Very clever.

When she kissed Damon i kinda thought...hmmm, but then they did kinda build up the potential Elena/Damon snogfest, but...Damon gave this kinda look and touched his mouth after Elena kissed him, he was a bit suspicious in retrospect.

Those last 7 episodes were fab!, i loved seeing Stefan go bad!, lusting for blood...he was well creepy with it too!
    LOL!...i'm ranting like a 13-year-old girl again :-)

When she kissed Damon i kinda thought...hmmm, but then they did kinda build up the potential Elena/Damon snogfest, but...Damon gave this kinda look and touched his mouth after Elena kissed him, he was a bit suspicious in retrospect.

Those last 7 episodes were fab!, i loved seeing Stefan go bad!, lusting for blood...he was well creepy with it too!
    LOL!...i'm ranting like a 13-year-old girl again :-)

It was funny though because the scene right before the porch scene was Elena telling Stefan how much she loved him and only him. So I'm thinking, right, she clearly has no interest in Damon. Then Damon says his little speech on the porch and now I'm thinking it's not impossible that this could be Elena kissing him :D She did kind of snarl half way through the kiss though, so that was it then, I knew.

I'm not sure if he knows it was Katherine though. He did kind of look confused right after, but that might just have been shock at the thought that Elena kissed him? Or maybe he does know, I'm kind of leaning towards him knowing.

Bad Stefan was great to see. The episode with the pagent thing, where he took the blonde girl into the woods and he shouted at her "I'm not sad, I'M FREAKIN' HUNGRY!!!!" was hilarious!! I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but I couldn't stop laughing at it:D

I know what you mean about the "13 year old girl" thing. I do sometimes think I'm way too old for anything they show on The CW, but in fairness to this show, it's very will written and acted, so I don't feel so bad about loving it ;)

• Advertisement

See that's what bugs me about this forum!, why i say we have tv snobs...because "it's The CW" TVD gets tainted as another Twilight....when it's not!, i mean, lost of Boardsies like Supernatural and that's on The CW. I'm not deluded to think The CW produces must see/quality tv, but a show like TVD deserves to at least be given a chance and not dismissed out of hand.

hopefully S2 will be a good as the first season, they better not screw it up!

As for Damon, i think the kiss reminded him of Katherine, but he wasn't sure...i'm glad Alaric is staying, he's a very good character, I'd like to see a female sexy vamp biting her way through men, or a succubus.

VAM-Master-BED-3x4-prt-1.jpg

VAM-Moss-3x4-prt.jpg

Advertisement