Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does your social welfare payment stay in waterford gpo to be collected??

• 19-08-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hey does anyone know how long the social welfare payment stays in the post office in waterford on the quay for collection i have asked in there but seem to get different answers every time?? i have collected it on a monday and a thursday before but never a friday?? would it still be there or gone back?? and does the same apply for rent allowance payments?? i get that on a wednesday but how long doees it stay in post office for??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

What day were you advised to collect it ? Usually would be held for 3 days after your payment day.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jynx59

phaidi wrote: »
    hey does anyone know how long the social welfare payment stays in the post office in waterford on the quay for collection i have asked in there but seem to get different answers every time?? i have collected it on a monday and a thursday before but never a friday?? would it still be there or gone back?? and does the same apply for rent allowance payments?? i get that on a wednesday but how long doees it stay in post office for??
    hi, you can leave your payment for twenty days, if it's not collected it goes back to social welfare,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jynx59 wrote: »
    hi, you can leave your payment for twenty days, if it's not collected it goes back to social welfare,

I don't think any post office lets you go 20 days without collection

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

The post office do not hold your payment for 20 days. If it is not collected it is returned to Social Welfare and will not be re issued until they receive an explanation as to why you did not collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jynx59

mrsbouquet wrote: »
    The post office do not hold your payment for 20 days. If it is not collected it is returned to Social Welfare and will not be re issued until they receive an explanation as to why you did not collect it
    When i was changed from the book payment to the plastic cards i got a letter from the Social Welfare telling me that the payment would be in the post office for 20 days and if not collected it will go back to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mia78

depends on type of payment allowance goes in on tues generally stays till sat benefit goes in wed stays till following mon does not stay 20 days is returned to social welfare and can take 3 weeks to reissue depending on genuine reason for not collecting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

jynx59 wrote: »

They told me my payment goes in on a Thurs and I have to collect it by the following Tues, otherwise it goes back to the Soc Welf. If you miss collecting it it takes a couple of weeks to get it reissued.

Advertisement