Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

This is probably the least organised I've been for Christmas so far! A few unexpected bills have meant I won't be in position to buy anything til December anyway. This coupled with pregnancy exhaustion means I'm unmotivated to boot :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I booked our Christmas Eve lunch today :D They seemed to have plenty of availability which is fantastic :D I'm so excited :D

I need to buy the rest of my gifts this week. Get them bought and wrapped and everything :) Also have to post off one too, must get that wrapped and packaged up actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm happy enough now with the amount of gifts I've got just have to wait for delivery.
    When ever I'm doing online shopping I fill my basket up with everything I a little interested in and then I remove most of the items so I don't feel as bad!

I do that too freshpopcorn! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dinner tonight - Tesco party food. :cool: The gluten and wheat free risotto balls are delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Chilling on couch after breaking open our first box of sweets ( hereo 's) watching mickey mouse save christmas :) it's a wild life I lead hahaha :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I am watching the most heart warming christmas film on true christmas called " Single Santa Seeks Mrs Claus" with Steve guttenberg. He is in quiet a few a of these movies and I have to say I love his laugh when he plays a santa character. He manages to laugh ho -o -o - gets me smiling and laughing every time I hear it :pac:

I've great news for you. That movie has a sequel!

iguana wrote: »
    I've great news for you. That movie has a sequel!

Omg the excitement .. I thought i cudnt be any more excited when santa arrived with the missing reindeer .. but knowing there is a sequel just made my day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Was thinking of putting up the tree but didn't get a chance today. Hopefully going to put it up tomorrow night.

Got some presents for people today so I feel a bit relieved that I have some things done now. Also, finally decided to buy a dryer. It's sad but I'm so happy that I won't have to worry about getting clothes dry anymore and we got it at a good price! Feel like all my Christmases have come at once :D

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Also, finally decided to buy a dryer. It's sad but I'm so happy that I won't have to worry about getting clothes dry anymore and we got it at a good price! Feel like all my Christmases have come at once :D

I am not alone :pac: I bought a new vax pet hoover and oh my God .. it's in danger of taking mr glitz's place in my heart .. because I LOVE IT !!

I have never been so excited to hoover in my life. Get this the cord is 17m long ! I can hoover my entire downstairs , my hallway , stairs, upstairs bathroom and half way into my bedroom all while the hoover is still plugged in in the kitchen.... what a tome to be alive.! It lit saved me about half an hour by just not having to unplug it every couple of feet !!

We are not sad lorelli, we just like efficency and an easy life ! ;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Loving this thread, and of course forum!! We had a lazy-ish day yesterday and got the tree and decorations up and just loving every bit of it. Have all my shopping done, just need to wrap and write/post cards. Have all my puddings made too so now can just enjoy the next few weeks. Also will be mine and my other halfs first married Christmas together:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I'd quite like to put my tree up now! However our toddler was a December baby so we won't be putting up any decorations until after his party in 2 weeks, tis only fair :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

How do you discourage toddlers from attacking the shiny shiny pretty pretty decorations? I'm torn because I know my LO will attack it but i love my tree done my way!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Toto great shout with the Holiday Baking Championship it’s so good!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

2 checked cases, and 3 carry on cases packed. Got the loan of an out and about nipped. Do you think they'd all fit in the boot of the passat? Ha.

I'll come straight out with it. Instead of ditching one of the passengers, I just moved them around. Wife in between the 2 in the back, and o&a nipper in passenger seat. How bad!

Having a beer now. Up at 545 for airport. Till next week.

Oh yeah, getting the house painted while we're gone, so there's no sign of decorations, a n d we don't feel christmassy.

We did a good clear out of toys in the play room. I was transferring the soft teddies to a toy chest in the sitting room. I was rooting through it, and I found a teddy that's called Kellie happy. Don't ask. So I brought it upstairs and tucked it under her chin. She was asleep of course, but I saw a smile appear when she got the smell of it. It was adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

cinnamony wrote: »
    Had such a busy day yesterday I forgot it was the 25th! One month to the big day oh my goood!! So can I open my advent calendar now or what? I know it starts on the 1st but Ive been waiting since yesterday :(

Jude mind if I ask what aftershave is that? I need it for research purposes.. :v

No problem, its called acqua di parma blu mediterraneo, not sure exactly which one as that was all I could remember looking at the bottle brushing my teeth.

Have a great trip beertons. We are on countdown to the inlaws visiting. They are here for a week so its going to be buys. We are going to a Corona's gig this Wednesday and the rugby 7's at the weekend where many people have Christmas dress up. Not long to go now!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How do you discourage toddlers from attacking the shiny shiny pretty pretty decorations? I'm torn because I know my LO will attack it but i love my tree done my way!!!

Number one, you have to keep to the front of your mind that you just stuck a huge sparkly, shiney object covered in toys in your livingroom. Expecting a toddler to keep away from that is a road to heartbreak and frustration for everyone. So don't hang glass or other fragile ornaments for a few years.

When he was little I managed to teach S that if he 'asked' me for ornaments I'd take them off the tree for him to play with. That way he never pull at it himself. Instead he'd bring me to the tree, he'd point at what he wanted. I'd give them to him and he'd play with them for a short while before moving on to something else. I can't say I loved him playing with them but compared to what someone of my friends went through as a result of banning any touching of the decorations, it was a doddle. Another thing that helps is buying some toy decorations, Christmas teddies/ELC santa village/etc and only taking them out with the decorations. The novelty of those really helps distract attention from the things you prefer not to be played with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What age? At 22 months we playpenned the tree and had only toddler friendly stuff within reach. This year at almost three no stair gate but only toddler friendly stuff down the bottom and his own set of baubles that he can take on and off himself. He also got his own ‘special’ lights for his kitchen (battery powered snowman ones) and a set of paw patrol ones for his dolls house. He’s been good about it so far

Loughc wrote: »

It’s brilliant, isn’t it? I have a couple lined up to watch as soon as I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

iguana wrote: »
    When he was little I managed to teach S that if he 'asked' me for ornaments I'd take them off the tree for him to play with. That way he never pull at it himself. Instead he'd bring me to the tree, he'd point at what he wanted.

This, very much, both my boys (mad yokes at the best of times) were given their 'own' ornaments to play with and told that if the wanted to see/play with one then just to ask and they'd be given it, worked great, never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It’s brilliant, isn’t it? I have a couple lined up to watch as soon as I get a chance.

I watched three episodes back to back yesterday. I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Programs are generally streamed live on the player and are generally uploaded when they have finished on plus one in my experience.
    The repeat used be on the Sunday afternoon after it aired but I don't know if this is the case anymore!

Seems as if it’s on at 3.25 on Saturday too, and there’s a 30 min prog on beforehand about the history and making of it:rolleyes:

Just watching season 1 episode one. I WANT COOKIES!! I have never made cookies in my life, now it appears I must make some

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah lads my feet are throbbing. I’ve spent the last 6 hours decorating the house. Just out of the shower. Fresh PJS, Christmas bed covers and Christmas movie on tv and I’m set for the night now surrounded by all the Christmas lights.

Ah lads my feet are throbbing. I’ve spent the last 6 hours decorating the house. Just out of the shower. Fresh PJS, Christmas bed covers and Christmas movie on tv and I’m set for the night now surrounded by all the Christmas lights.

Sounds like a fab night in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ugh feeling rotten...definitely have a dose coming on :( But on a more Christmasy note McDonald's cups and paper bags are all Christmasy and you can now get festive turkey bonios for the dog!!:D

jellybear wrote: »
    Ugh feeling rotten...definitely have a dose coming on :( But on a more Christmasy note McDonald's cups and paper bags are all Christmasy and you can now get festive turkey bonios for the dog!!:D

Oh no me too :( Headcolds suck :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh no me too :( Headcolds suck :mad:

Mine's more like razors in my throat :( Wondering if it's something like strep throat as so many of the kids I'm teaching were so unwell last week with very bad coughs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

SarahLil wrote: »

That’s impressive. Shame about who lives there now tho.

• Advertisement

Too many trees (never thought I’d say that) but it’s the most tasteful Christmas decor I’ve ever seen! Really gorgeous.

But yes, shame about who lives there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement