Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying GBBR from Poland slightly over 1J

• 11-06-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Looking for information - got tonnes of conflicting info.

I have ordered a WE Tech AK74 from gunfire.pl. RedWolf and a couple YouTube videos have it clocking in as easily under 1J, but this site claims it's 1.2J. It's the only site in Europe which has any stock.

How likely is it to be seized by customs? I have been told that because it's from an EU country it's not likely - by a company which sells airsoft guns to Ireland from EU which hasn't had issues with this before. Others say it will be seized.

If it is seized, will customs notify me and allow me to make a case? I have asked for downgrades, have documents proving this and have ordered a device to restrict the fps too. Will they allow me the GBBR with this in mind or will it be seized without a chance? I have had one person tell me the former and another the latter.

Would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If it's over they won't care what your intentions are in regard to downgrading it here, it'll just be binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Does the seller offer a downgrade service?
    If so, use it.
    If not, if it's checked and is over it will be binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The only thing to consider is some sites may state an FPS but in reality it may be below that so you may be ok considering that plus temp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

I ordered 2 guns from them for xmas last. Both showed on there site 1.2. If I had them do the downgrade it would not have come in time so I ordered 2 springs with it and downgrade it myself. No problems through customs. Think it is just the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bjwcleary

Never had any issues from Poland it's a chance we all take just bought a mp40 from HK says its 320fps hope it gets here in one piece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

@Gearhead1395 there are two versions of that gun, the Jap one (low powered) and the export one (high powered). Japan has a 0.98J legal limit so is the perfect match for little old Ireland. It looks like you've got the illegal one.

As somebody who's had a gun seized and sent to AGS in the park here's my 2c. There is, or was, no real logic to what gets referred by customs in the DMC or courier depots. Mine was an MP7 with a small gearbox that would hardly ever be found to be hot, other longs which easily could have been never were referred.

If they do refer it AGS will test it indoors with green gas. That's almost guaranteed to be at the limit if not over. If over - destroyed. Don't complain or they may try and charge you, let it go.

If under, returned to you but you could be waiting three or more months. RIFs are low priority for the technical bureau.

In the most likely case it will arrive. Don't do anything with it until you've completed the downgrade.

Advertisement