Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hawkeyes hairstyle, whilst awesome, still doesn't offset the awesomeness we lost in Cap's beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

They have kinda spoiled some parts of it with that trailer!

Still can't wait to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Couple of spoilery things...

Considering we've been told everything in the trailers will be from the first half hour (20 minutes?)...
    - Are we going to open with the dusting... from Clints perspective! Are we gonna see him watch his family dust? That'd pick up nicely from where we left off.
    - Tony being lost in space must get resolved fairly sharpish for him to be back on Earth AND suited for whatever mission they are off to in the fancy new suits
    - There's gonna be some big battle near the start? Cap looks like he's in the middle of a warzone in that shot with his shield. Who the feck is Nebula charging at (on Titan)?

It feels like a lot to pack into the opening 20-30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bacchus wrote: »
    Couple of spoilery things...

Considering we've been told everything in the trailers will be from the first half hour (20 minutes?)...
    - Are we going to open with the dusting... from Clints perspective! Are we gonna see him watch his family dust? That'd pick up nicely from where we left off.
    - Tony being lost in space must get resolved fairly sharpish for him to be back on Earth AND suited for whatever mission they are off to in the fancy new suits
    - There's gonna be some big battle near the start? Cap looks like he's in the middle of a warzone in that shot with his shield. Who the feck is Nebula charging at (on Titan)?

It feels like a lot to pack into the opening 20-30 minutes.

Surely that can't all be in the opening 20... i'd be shocked.

Surely that can't all be in the opening 20... i'd be shocked.

Did a quick Google. The 20 minute thing for the trailers was described as "somewhat accurate" by Feige. So maybe a couple of those shots are from later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

A couple of spoilerific moments alright but don't forget....
    the Russos lie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Am I the only one who got actual goosebumps from that trailer? It gave nothing away but it was superbly produced.

Really can't wait for this movie. I hope it isn't sh*t. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr E wrote: »
    Am I the only one who got actual goosebumps from that trailer? It gave nothing away but it was superbly produced.

Really can't wait for this movie. I hope it isn't sh*t. :)

Yup, same here. Definite shivers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's probably a good chance it's his last appearance in the MCU, so IMO it's worth noting how well they adapted Captain America; it felt like the character that was easiest to f*ck up - insofar as making him a jingoistic meathead (see the infamously awful "Do you think this stands for 'France'" moment in the comics) - yet the end result has been not just the beating heart of the Avengers, but arguably a better adaptation of Superman than the actual DC, 'Man of Steel' version. Of course part of it has been Chris Evans' performances, but the character itself has always been pitch perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That was class. Mrs. Pter is gettin' the good lovin tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

pixelburp wrote: »
    There's probably a good chance it's his last appearance in the MCU, so IMO it's worth noting how well they adapted Captain America; it felt like the character that was easiest to f*ck up - insofar as making him a jingoistic meathead (see the infamously awful "Do you think this stands for 'France'" moment in the comics) - yet the end result has been not just the beating heart of the Avengers, but arguably a better adaptation of Superman than the actual DC, 'Man of Steel' version. Of course part of it has been Chris Evans' performances, but the character itself has always been pitch perfect.

Well said. Before this whole project, he was easily the "big" Marvel character I cared least about. Disliked even. But thanks to the writing, and Evans, he's been my favourite Avenger in the MCU by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Did a quick Google. The 20 minute thing for the trailers was described as "somewhat accurate" by Feige. So maybe a couple of those shots are from later on.
    I imagine at the very least they showed the scene with the white uniforms as it's already been hugely spoiled in most places with new of the toys/merchandise. Considering Nebula is in the shot, I'm guessing it's not in the first 20 minutes.

Anyone find it weird how much makeup Captain Marvel had on in the final shot? She was really dolled up.

Spoiler tags!!

Pter wrote: »
    Spoiler tags!!

I've spoiler-tagged my post in case that's the one you're referring to, but someone's going to have to explain how they're spoilers because it was merely discussion on stuff that was in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Penn wrote: »
    I've spoiler-tagged my post in case that's the one you're referring to, but someone's going to have to explain how they're spoilers because it was merely discussion on stuff that was in the trailer.

There are people who don't watch the trailers so that they are not spoiled for anything going in to the movie.

Generally, i do that.

I watched this trailer though, no regrets!

of course you can argue people need to get the f out of the thread if they don't want to see discussion of public trailers... but that is for the mods to sort out and decide on with regards to spoiler tags. I'd personally chose to spoiler tag such discussions, just to be safe.

Penn wrote: »

The trailer itself is quite spoiler-y so it's probably safest to avoid open discussion around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I think the last scene in the trailer may be near enough to the end of the movie maybe

The trailer itself is quite spoiler-y so it's probably safest to avoid open discussion around it.

I would have thought the onus would be on people not to read the thread in that case. Discussing legitimately released trailers has always been fair game imo.

Its not anything wrong was done Penn - just good courtesy is all! :)

Ill live like (because i did watch it)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Didnt the tickets for A:IW go on sale about 3/4 weeks before the film was released?

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Its not anything wrong was done Penn - just good courtesy is all! :)

Ill live like (because i did watch it)

No worries. Obviously wouldn't want to spoil anything (nor have anything spoiled on me), but just thought if it's in the trailer (and not a leaked trailer or anything), then spoiler tags shouldn't be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

I don't think it was too bad in that regard. At least compared to many previous super hero movies. I don't regret watching it or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

of course you can argue people need to get the f out of the thread if they don't want to see discussion of public trailers...
    This. Seriously, if you don't want the stuff that is in the public domain spoiled, stay away until you've seen the film. If you can avoid the trailer, then you can avoid the thread, what else do you think is going to be discussed in the thread once the trailers get released?
    I avoid the threads from the point that the film is released until I see it because I know that the actual film is going to be discussed from that point on. Same should apply to anyone who doesn't want to see discussions of the trailer contents.
    Regarding this particular trailer, there is a small spoiler at the end of it, but nothing major. Anyone who watched the previous films would have assumed the spoiler would be the case in anyway, so seeing particular characters in a group isn't really a spoiler...

They are just spoiler tags lads and they are there for this exact reason.

Perfectly reasonable to want to speculate without trailer spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did a quick trailer breakdown if anyone is looking for one
    https://youtu.be/R09_Pv-6SNA

I love how little they're showing us, I wouldn't have the willpower to avoid the trailer but at least this way I can still be surprised.
    I heard a rumour that they are only gonna pull from the first half hour of the marketing. There's another rumour that the Russos only sent the trailer house 8 minutes of footage for the trailer but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

ThePott wrote: »
    Did a quick trailer breakdown if anyone is looking for one
    https://youtu.be/R09_Pv-6SNA

I love how little they're showing us, I wouldn't have the willpower to avoid the trailer but at least this way I can still be surprised.
    I heard a rumour that they are only gonna pull from the first half hour of the marketing. There's another rumour that the Russos only sent the trailer house 8 minutes of footage for the trailer but who knows.
    I'd imagine this is the last trailer. And based on past experience with recent MCU trailers, it's very possible that the scenes shown in the trailers will be considerably different in the film. So nothing has been spoiled so far. Even if a scene in the movie is exactly like the clip in the trailer, that in itself would be a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Nice tip of the hat to Edgar Write at 1:40, the unloading of the clip is in time with the music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

Johnmb wrote: »
    I'd imagine this is the last trailer. And based on past experience with recent MCU trailers, it's very possible that the scenes shown in the trailers will be considerably different in the film. So nothing has been spoiled so far. Even if a scene in the movie is exactly like the clip in the trailer, that in itself would be a surprise!

Oh for sure, could well be the last alright, they'll probably be putting out tv spots soon to hype tickets going on sale anyway.

Yeah lots of changes in these trailers normally, Marvel are pretty good at not giving away too much normally. For example Hulk was in the Infinity War Trailer and in Ultron they removed Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver from the final fight hero shot.

The footage here was actually shown from another angle during the Superbowl spot with Nebula and Tony removed

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Can't wait for this to arrive on screens, perhaps the trailer was released earlier than expected due to recent shareholder screening leeks in the past few days? Anyway a welcome trailer that is sure to send us all on the wrong scent until the movie is release. CM looking hot, nothing beats a woman in jeans and vest that can hang them well. Dingdong indeed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They should give the Hulk an Ant Man suit.

Advertisement