Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

paulbok wrote: »
    4/5 minute footage leak on YouTube. Different clips from through the movie (apparently). Terrible quality but spoiler laden going by one reviewer also on YouTube.
    Best avoided social media from here on.

We're in the endgame now with 9 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    We're in the endgame now with 9 days to go.

Clear your watch and search history of anything avengers related so they don't show up in recommendations page

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Clear your watch and search history of anything avengers related so they don't show up in recommendations page

Still a chance stuff will appear since its likely leaks and actual endings and deaths etc will start ‘trending’ on youtube

Still a chance stuff will appear since its likely leaks and actual endings and deaths etc will start ‘trending’ on youtube

Yeah, it's a pity you can't actually turn off recommendations completely

Yeah, it's a pity you can't actually turn off recommendations completely

Only safe place on youtube is your sub box and your watch later if you use it

After the world premiere next Monday the only sensible way to be sure of avoiding spoilers is a near internet blackout, anywhere where you can see new live stuff like youtube, twitter, instagram and youtube

• Advertisement

Review embargo for the film is also being lifted next week if memory serves correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

After the world premiere next Monday the only sensible way to be sure of avoiding spoilers is a near internet blackout, anywhere where you can see new live stuff like youtube, twitter, instagram and youtube

Between this and Game of Thrones, definitely

Yeah also if you have any news app on your phone like Google news, turn off notifications or remove the app. Had a Google now feed on phone and got spoiled for tv show

Yeah also if you have any news app on your phone like Google news, turn off notifications or remove the app. Had a Google now feed on phone and got spoiled for tv show

It'll be a long couple days until Friday night for me

Even have to be careful at the cinema since there's gonna be such a short runover between the films, only planning on landing ~10 mins or so before the scheduled time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

This is stressing me out!!
    Why would you watch 4mins of ****ty quality clip with the potential to destroy a movies enjoyment.
    I imagine someone will be getting in a little bit of trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd avoid any Marvel/Russo/Cast account on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook too.

Basically every comment section is littered with spoilers.

Very easy to ruin the film if you want to look for the spoilers.

I'd say we'll start seeing things spread through WhatsApp too as Memes or videos eventually.

It'll be a long couple days until Friday night for me

Even have to be careful at the cinema since there's gonna be such a short runover between the films, only planning on landing ~10 mins or so before the scheduled time

I'm not seeing it until Saturday night so I'm going to avoid social media until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

coolisin wrote: »
    Why would you watch 4mins of ****ty quality clip with the potential to destroy a movies enjoyment.

There are people in the world who do not care about spoilers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd avoid any Marvel/Russo/Cast account on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook too.

Basically every comment section is littered with spoilers.

Very easy to ruin the film if you want to look for the spoilers.

I'd say we'll start seeing things spread through WhatsApp too as Memes or videos eventually.

Yanks seem to have a penchant for speaking matter of factly about things they haven't a clue about so it's hard to know what are legit spoilers and what is just people putting their own opinion forward as fact. Haven't come across anything I would call legitimately a spoiler so far thankfully but when I heard about the leaked footage this morning that's when I said I better start taking better counter measures. :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »

Nowhere on Reddit will be safe from Monday

Most will be rightly tagged as a spoiler, but there'll still be lots of out of context stuff that will appear on various meme related subreddits that will appear everywhere

Message from a friend (everyone in our circle with an interest in the MCU and film got it) who hasn't seen the trailers or anything related to the film. Which in this day and age is impressive..

I know Avengers: Endgame is approaching, so please can we all agree to keep it zipped regarding spoilers until we've all seen the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

I remember the day the The Force Awakens was released, I was watching a cooking video on YouTube and someone posted a major spoiler in the comments. It seems some scumbags were going to random videos and posting the spoiler. I still remember the text
    Han Solo is killed by his son Kylo Ren

Thankfully I'd already seen the movie on a midnight screening. Need to be careful until you see Endgame. A lot of assh*les out there.

A regarding that leaked footage, you could see some comments somewhere like "I saw the leaked footage and XYZ dies". That person may not have actually seen it and doesn't know who dies, but it would still ruin the film in a way because you'd be waiting for it to happen, and it is did happen coincidentally, you'd think it was actually spoiled for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RickBlaine wrote: »
    I remember the day the The Force Awakens was released, I was watching a cooking video on YouTube and someone posted a major spoiler in the comments. It seems some scumbags were going to random videos and posting the spoiler. I still remember the text

Thankfully I'd already seen the movie on a midnight screening. Need to be careful until you see Endgame. A lot of assh*les out there.

A regarding that leaked footage, you could see some comments somewhere like "I saw the leaked footage and XYZ dies". That person may not have actually seen it and doesn't know who dies, but it would still ruin the film in a way because you'd be waiting for it to happen, and it is did happen coincidentally, you'd think it was actually spoiled for you.

Learned not to do this the hard way.

About 20 years ago, I can recall walking into X-Men 2 as a young man with my nerdy friends and exclaiming for a laugh "oh yeah do you not know Phoenix is in this?" that at the time being a very unlikely thing and having zero prior knowledge of the movie.

They were NOT happy with me after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

RickBlaine wrote: »

Happened me with the events of 'Logan'. I was so looking forward to going to see it, and about a week beforehand I was flicking through something on Facebook (totally unrelated to the movie) and some thundercunt had written 'Logan kills Xavier, and he dies' and by jaysus did it ruin my excitement for the movie. I waited 2 years to watch, I was THAT pissed off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just heard about the leak. No way do I want to watch it. Same time I am curious just how much is actually spoiled.

Without saying it how bad we talking? Gives the ending away or just major plot points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

The leaks are rotten quality. No sound on the ones I saw and they don't really give any story away. Show obvious things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Just heard about the leak. No way do I want to watch it. Same time I am curious just how much is actually spoiled.

Without saying it how bad we talking? Gives the ending away or just major plot points?

Major plot points are spoiled and as for the ending..., kinda, I guess? It will take some speculation but there is enough to piece together a strongly accurate ending prediction.
    cursai wrote: »
    The leaks are rotten quality. No sound on the ones I saw and they don't really give any story away. Show obvious things.

What the heck did you watch? There was sound and it provided extremely important dialogue points and you cannot sit there with a straight face and say it did not give any story away. You must be a clairvoyant if what you saw was "obvious".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nowhere on Reddit will be safe from Monday

Most will be rightly tagged as a spoiler, but there'll still be lots of out of context stuff that will appear on various meme related subreddits that will appear everywhere

for whatever reason, i didnt get to see Infinty war until about 2 weeks after it released, needless to say, I hadn't a notion what all the memes about dissolving were supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One week too go can't wait

Watching IW in 4K now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Major plot points are spoiled and as for the ending..., kinda, I guess? It will take some speculation but there is enough to piece together a strongly accurate ending prediction.

What the heck did you watch? There was sound and it provided extremely important dialogue points and you cannot sit there with a straight face and say it did not give any story away. You must be a clairvoyant if what you saw was "obvious".

No sound on the ones I watched is what I said. And for fans of the comics they are obvious story threads. So that's what the heck I watched

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The big Picture podcast is running through the past movies for anyone that's interested. I'm finding it great as I don't have the time to watch all beforehand like I wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Mad. this is gonna be hard to avoid.
    I was just reading a review of something completely unrelated to Marvel on AV Club, I looked at the comment section and someone posted a picture from a marvel comic, it didn't mean anything to me, until I seen multiple people complaining that its an endgame spoiler, if true, this f**kwit has giving away at least 1 major thing from this move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

kerplun k wrote: »
    Mad. this is gonna be hard to avoid.
    I was just reading a review of something completely unrelated to Marvel on AV Club, I looked at the comment section and someone posted a picture from a marvel comic, it didn't mean anything to me, until I seen multiple people complaining that its an endgame spoiler, if true, this f**kwit has giving away at least 1 major thing from this move.

if it's from a comic, it's hardly a spoiler seeing as the comics are the inspiration. All this talk of spoilers for this and GOT is wrecking my head

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tickets booked for Thursday night. Going to be a long ass week and next Thursday will be hell trying to avoid ALL of the spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

evil_seed wrote: »
    if it's from a comic, it's hardly a spoiler seeing as the comics are the inspiration. All this talk of spoilers for this and GOT is wrecking my head

If I was to post the same comic strip, and tell you it was a spoiler from endgame, it would definitely give away something big from the film. It was 100% a spoiler.

Advertisement