Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Need a Halloween costume? Win Ireland's number one choice here

• 27-10-2010 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey there

How would you like to dress up in the most tasteful Halloween Costume in Ireland this year?

Have you seen the Jacobs Fig Roll ad?

Figrolls%20Tastebuds%204.jpg

We have FIVE of the Taste Bud costumes to give away before tomorrow - they will be couriered to your home in time for Halloween - so you too can look like this and be the star of any Halloween party you're going to.

The Jacobs Taste Buds have been out and about in Dublin and Galway recently launching fig attacks on unsuspecting passers by.

All you have to do to be in with a chance is tell us below where you're planning to wear the costume to! We'll pick the winners tomorrow evening and get the costume out to you before Halloween.

Figrolls%20Tastebuds%202.jpg

Figrolls%20Tastebuds%209.jpg

You'll find the Jacobs Fig Roll website here and they're on Facebook here.

Terms and conditions: Your comments will not appear immediately but they are there! Sorry, but this competition is only open to people resident in Ireland. No cash alternative available. Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Jacobs Fruitfield is the promoter and we'll do the best we can to get your costume to you before Halloween.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Pretty boring, but I would love one of these for my partner to wear trick or treating with our daughters on Halloween, can you imagine the faces on people when they opened the door!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'm spending halloween in an old mans type pub in Navan were its guaranteed no one will be dressing up, I would love to show up dressed like this:D its bound to cause a bit of confusion!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Its my baby brothers birthday, he's in his 30s so either he or I could wear it when we all head out for a *ahem* quiet drink in the local :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

I would totally wear this while I answer the door to the kids trick or treating! Imagine their faces! and then I'd hand out fig rolls to them all... it'd be awesome...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi, I would love to win a costume; but its not for me; for my sister. She is going to the Forum in Waterford at the weekend & has been looking for a costume & thinks this would be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rascalini

I want one of these so badly...I seen them at the ireland v russia game and went around to get my pic taken with them but they were gone....:(

I'd enjoy the biscuity bits at my boyfriends work-do in westport on the sat night followed by Cork city on Sunday night....

and then again in work on monday....(ok maybe not)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I'm going to my best mates house for a shindig with all my closest friends! They think I'm sexy but they'll practically be lickin' the face off of me if I won this competition :D
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

I'd wear it to the Halloween Full Moon Fancy Dress Party (in aid of The Adult Disability Day Unit) in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mrs_Hen

The Botanical Gardens Glasnevin this Sunday to Trick or Treat with the kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 teabags18

Hi

Im heading to a fund raising fancy dress party in the Odean, I will prob get the bus into town and the luas home, plenty of exposure for a fantastic costume :D Please I really want to win. I will also visit three pubs in Dublin 6 if I win :D

teabags18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Paul3point14

I'll wear it as I bring my little sister trick or treating, and I live in CLONDALKIN so I would fit in perfectly going around saying "Story Bud" haha

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I'd find the poshest party going on in the city on Halloween and burst in launching fig rolls with that costume on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm heading to a Halloween party in a fellow boardsie's house, Deathstarkiller. If I win one it would be a great excuse to wear a nappy to a party, guilt free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jocon07

The DkIT College grad is on this Saturday and there is a fancy dress party in the club after. If I win it, my date will actually go mental! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sideofbacon

I was going to brave the streets of Navan dressed as a Mel Gibson from braveheart,I was planning on bringing the three sturdiest(sober) men I could find from a pub in Hackballscross in Louth and fight Joe Sheridan and the Meath team for the theft of the Leinster trophy.I was to be carried across the bridge and into Drogheda as a hero,until I get stabbed for not having a lighter.But now the opportunity to dress as a fig has arrived,Id just sit opposite him in the pub throwing packets and packets of fig's at him :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'll be dressing up in Galway and will wear it during the re-enactment of Michael Jacksons Thriller video down Quay St. Should make it on to quite a few you-tube videos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

If you were so kind to offer me the prize, it'd get plenty of use this weekend because:
    On friday i'd be wearing it while looking after sound and lights at a fancy dress charity gig in Portarlington, Co. Laois;
    On saturday i'd be wearing it while rocking out on a drum kit at Lil's bar in Kildare town;
    Aaaand on sunday it would be paraded around Portlaoise to celebrate Halloween in style!
    Three nights looking awesome for the price of one prize! I'll even organise a few photos for the amusement of all who frequent Boards.ie

Pretty please!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

I usually spend Halloween cycling around Dublin city centre with my mate while we're dressed as Batman (me) and Superman (him).

We've made people thump their steering wheels in laughter, and scared the living daylights out of kids as they sit in the back seat of a car when we pass.

This year I've got rid of Batman, and I sooo want to me the ubiquitous cycling Figroll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Just sitting in (no change there then) will watch Fair City and Xfactor results - would be a good chance to dress up for staying in..............

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Would love to have this!!!

Going to wear it for a work Halloween party at number 6 at smithfield and then definitely to a college party on Friday at the Academy!! :D

Who knows, maybe even trick'or'treating on Sunday :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

my plan to wear the costume is:

from midday on Sunday - wander around the streets of Ranelagh in Dublin - maybe going into the city centre for some extra shopping... and later on in the afternoon - drive to my girlfriends place in Enfield (co. Meath) where we will visit some friends for a fancy dress party.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Would wear it to the halloween party we're having. Would be cool because everyone is expecting me to be dressed as a gangster, this would have then in stitches. :P

Am heading to the Dublin pubs in the mountains, so I hope to scare the yanks in Johnny Foxes while wearing one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I'd wear mine to mass on Sunday and try and get my dad to wear the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'd probably nip along to Tallon's Halloween get together in one :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Theres a cool monthly fetish night coming up with a television theme night. itd be handy for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Probably house party and then head into town with all my housemates.. Basically get into all sorts of shenanagins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I would love this costume, as I am the spitting image of the guy wearing it in the ad and would happily stride through my hometown of Enniscorthy with massive pride in it, would also wear it on the drive home from Galway and cause a few accidents!!

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Would wear it on the drive from Galway to Wexford Helloween night, straight to a party, also I'm the spit of the guy in the ad anyway, so I'll cause a few accidents :)

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

One of the senior professor's in my lab is throwing a Hallowe'en party and I've been having trouble coming up with ideas. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit but I worry that they wouldn't get what I had dressed up as or think I was really weird. I think if I went as a Taste Bud from the Fig Rolls ad I'd have their respect for the rest of my studies towards my PhD. :D It's original and scientific!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement