Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sparko wrote: »
    I tried with a Fifth Member code when those codes went live at 10am PST, took a minute or so to get in but once I was in and actually tried to buy a ticket it said none were available and I tried all the types. Whatever they allocated for the various presales must have flown out the door.

I'll have another go when they go on standard release.

Yup, same thing for me. Sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Seems to be a lot of people angry with not being able to get tickets.

https://loudwire.com/metallica-bots-sm-concert-tickets-sold-out/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

As expected I didn't get a ticket today, 50 minutes in a queue and then they offered me one of their sponsored tout tickets for $1,500. Pass, not supporting that gouging.

I had my hands on tickets, but the app decided that I needed to use a laptop, not a phone. I even tried to get some of the resale tickets. No good. Hopefully I'll get some closer to the date (though, I doubt it)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Lads, am i totally wrong in saying there is only one concert?

If so, WTF are you on about? Do you seriously think you have a chance of getting a ticket to this?

Edited to say i don't know the attendance of the arena. I would have thought it would be quite "intimate" but perhaps its a big stadium which may make my previous comment a little less correct :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Degag wrote:
    If so, WTF are you on about? Do you seriously think you have a chance of getting a ticket to this?

There's the same chances as everyone else, shur why not try

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There's the same chances as everyone else, shur why not try

Not when you're competing against automated ticket bots.

Not when you're competing against automated ticket bots.

True, but shur there's no harm in trying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Degag wrote: »
    Lads, am i totally wrong in saying there is only one concert?

There was 4 of the original version so you never know.
    shur why not try
    why not spell sure the proper way next time, it has the same amount of letters you'll find. :)

why not spell sure the proper way next time, it has the same amount of letters you'll find. :)

it may have the same amount of letters, but my mind still wont be able to solve that conundrum unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

username does not check out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Just found out that my brother-in-law managed to get two tickets to S&M2 in the presale last week ... booking my flight over to San Fran this evening!

Absolutely frothing my pantaloons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

I got an email today announcing a second S&M show on Sunday 8th September. Tickets all for fan club members. No further details of when going on sale yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2nd show added. I'm not a fan of San Fran but this would be bucket list stuff to go to. Going to check it out.

S&M Tutu. That's an image I didn't need.

Sparko wrote: »
    I got an email today announcing a second S&M show on Sunday 8th September. Tickets all for fan club members. No further details of when going on sale yet.

Glad to see they're trying to combat the bots so I'd imagine they'll go down the ticketless route that Iron Maiden do. Not foolproof but still better than the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Is it possible to sneak into the gold circle at Slane? Is it possible to see the band from the general standing area or would they just be tiny dots?

Is it possible to sneak into the gold circle at Slane? Is it possible to see the band from the general standing area or would they just be tiny dots?

Maybe, maybe not. There will be giant screens, you may find yourself watching them more than the band, welcome to large outdoor gigs, hopefully the sound isn't ****e

Maybe, maybe not. There will be giant screens, you may find yourself watching them more than the band, welcome to large outdoor gigs, hopefully the sound isn't ****e

Is the gold circle worth it? I've never been to Slane before. Is the normal standing area really bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Normal standing is fine, just as long as ya get a good enough before The Ecstasy Of Gold tape starts playing. That way you'll see the guys on stage pretty well.

Had a decent enough spot for Guns 2 summers ago, could actually see them onstage and on the screens on the side of the stage if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

D.Q wrote: »
    username does not check out

Stung!! ;)
    Is the gold circle worth it? I've never been to Slane before. Is the normal standing area really bad?

I would say no not worth it, been in pits for shows mostly when I was younger when you never had that charging extra carry on,so ya given the option of coughing up extra for the privilege or stand metres outside it ya I'll stick with the common folk thanks.

Stung!! ;)

I would say no not worth it, been in pits for shows mostly when I was younger when you never had that charging extra carry on,so ya given the option of coughing up extra for the privilege or stand metres outside it ya I'll stick with the common folk thanks.

Yeah it's complete bollocks! In days of yore you could start from the back and work your way up to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Normal is fine but circle absolutely worth it... Obviously

Normal is fine but circle absolutely worth it... Obviously

Now I've got analysis paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah it's complete bollocks! In days of yore you could start from the back and work your way up to the front.

Ah, the days of no pits, seen so many gigs from within 3ft of front by tactically moving forward.

Funniest was Sepultura at manchester Apollo, 2 days before Max left, they were going onstage at 21:00, we were in the pub behind the venue and left there at 20:50. Stood outside the apollo, took a load of S***D and went in, when they came on we were 2ft from front :pac::pac:

Now I've got analysis paralysis.

It's logical though... I was circle for gnr and it was unreal... I was circle for mop anniversary in the RDS and it was a life event :)

It's actually so good that you will feel nervous looking back at the main crowd and after a while you'll stop looking at them

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ah, the days of no pits, seen so many gigs from within 3ft of front by tactically moving forward.

Funniest was Sepultura at manchester Apollo, 2 days before Max left, they were going onstage at 21:00, we were in the pub behind the venue and left there at 20:50. Stood outside the apollo, took a load of S***D and went in, when they came on we were 2ft from front :pac::pac:

Get me s***D and I'll reward you greatly... Cheers scud

It's logical though... I was circle for gnr and it was unreal... I was circle for mop anniversary in the RDS and it was a life event :)

It's actually so good that you will feel nervous looking back at the main crowd and after a while you'll stop looking at them

Stop, you're making me want to do things....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I hate this bollox of having to pay nearly double to get into the pit, up to a few years it was first come first serve, greedy shower.

• Advertisement

Stop, you're making me want to do things....

You made me do things :(

Advertisement