Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Error 503

• 16-03-2019 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭

Any one know why I keep getting error 503 on my Samsung phone no problem on tablet, I have restarted and shut the phone down several time but no joy any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Any one know why I keep getting error 503 on my Samsung phone no problem on tablet, I have restarted and shut the phone down several time but no joy any help appreciated

Same here but it's only happening on Chrome. Use a different browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

fussyonion wrote: »
    Same here but it's only happening on Chrome. Use a different browser.

I tried it on Firefox and worked once now back to 503 again, any mod have anything on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I had to delete all of my boards.ie cookies, cache etc. and I was able to get it working. It's on the old version of the site though, not the newer one. Can't see followed threads or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Yes, same for me on Samsung phone, working on all other devices and phone working on all other sites.

Who was messing with the code? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Not working on the oneplus5 last couple of days cleared cache ,cookies still not working

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks, we've had technical issues over the weekend. We're currently working on restoring stability, but sorry for the disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Hi folks, we've had technical issues over the weekend. We're currently working on restoring stability, but sorry for the disruption.

Who did a release on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend :D

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Who did a release on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend :D

A very good question!

*fetches paddle

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

Hi All,

I deleted the app this weekend thinking if I re-installed it on my phone that would solve the problem. Now i can't see it on the Google Play store.

Does anyone know where it is available as I prefer the app to the web browser version on my phone.

TIA

Bookworms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

bookworms wrote: »
    Hi All,

I deleted the app this weekend thinking if I re-installed it on my phone that would solve the problem. Now i can't see it on the Google Play store.

Does anyone know where it is available as I prefer the app to the web browser version on my phone.

TIA

Bookworms

Try looking in your app history in play store should be in there somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

Thanks ZX. I'm back on the app

Advertisement