Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Greatest Showman

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

gmisk wrote: »
    Are you the "fun" uncle? :D
    Totally \O/
    Do you like musicals in general?
    Yes but, no different than any other film I watch, it has to be good for me to enjoy. I really like Moulin Rouge for example.
    I thought it was really good personally, there wasnt much of a story but the songs were terrific (as was hugh jackman) and it won me over by the end.

The songs aren't terrible, but I can't like them because of how over-produced they are. I won't knock anyone else's enjoyment of it. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,003 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cjmc wrote: »
    That soundtrack is @ucking brilliant !

It is getting "Reimagined"

http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-greatest-showman-soundtrack-covers-album.html

The Greatest Show – Panic! at the Disco

A Million Dreams – Pink

A Million Dreams (Reprise) – Willow Sage Hart

Come Alive – Years & Years and Jess Glynne

The Other Side – MAX and Ty Dolla $ign

Never Enough – Kelly Clarkson

This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix) – Keala Settle, Kesha and Missy Elliott

Rewrite The Stars – James Arthur and Anne-Marie

Tightrope – Sara Bareilles

From Now On – Zac Brown Band

Bonus tracks:

The Greatest Show – Pentatonix

Come Alive – Craig David

This Is Me – Kesha

Rewrite The Stars (Acoustic) – Zendaya

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I had to endure this with my nieces and nephews at the weekend. Disregarding the only element of fun being watching them get excited for certain songs, or singing along, it's a steaming pile of crap. The songs are auto-tuned and over produced that I find them excruciating to listen to.

While Hugh Jackman may come from musical background, and he can technically sing, I can't stand his singing voice. The film is like an adaption of a season of TV, where it just rushes through all the big plot points and doesn't care to go any deeper.

That was fine by me as it's 1hr 40mins running time was already too long.

Hopefully I'll never have to endure this monstrosity again.

I do not like musicals but I went to see this in the cinema and really enjoyed it. I would happily go watch it in the cinema again. Have no idea what it would be like on a small screen do but maybe not as good as it was i n the cinema with proper surround sound.

I only ever went one other musical in the cinema before and it was terrible. I can't even remember the name of nor do I want too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bumping an old one but I got to witness Keala Settle perform This Is Me last night and sweet jesus she is unbelievable. I really hope Hugh Jackman brings his show to Abu Dhabi when he does the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have to admit, I watched this maybe a month or two back and never commented on it. I watched it as a dad with his young daughter.

I expected to hate it, but I must say I really enjoyed it. And a great soundtrack which I now don't mind listening to in the house and in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have to admit, I watched this maybe a month or two back and never commented on it. I watched it as a dad with his young daughter.

I expected to hate it, but I must say I really enjoyed it. And a great soundtrack which I now don't mind listening to in the house and in the car.

Similar. Watched it at Christmas; the film was better than I'd imagined and the songs are unusually well-crafted for a musical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

NIMAN wrote: »

Ditto.
    Usually hate musicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have the cd in the car, whats the reworked version like ? How is it different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

cjmc wrote: »
    I have the cd in the car, whats the reworked version like ? How is it different

not as good IMO as the original

Advertisement