Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare patches in lawn

• 20-03-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Looking for some advice in relation to bare patches that have appeared in our lawn. The lawn is approx 3 years old and has developed severe patches with no growth and the moss is taking over.
    Not sure how to attach images.

I'm putting it down to the heat last summer as the areas affected have no shading and are south facing.

What action should I take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Poke the bare patches a couple of inches with a garden fork to aerate it. Then sprinkle some grass seed and fertiliser/lawn feed. Should see Imorovement in a few weeks. In fact spread some lawn feed over all our lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭westsidestory

Is there a bitch dog urinating on your lawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

how would that effect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,375 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Jumping on this thread. whats the best fertiliser to use for a moss removed lawn that has been airated before start seeding?

Compost ? Any particular type ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jonny-b-

No dogs in the house or neighboring houses.

I usually apply osmo feed spring and autumn so was disappointed to see how damaged its become.
    As the previous poster asked, any recommendations for feed, compost or seed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭westsidestory

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

how would that effect it?
    Can leave "burnt off" patches about garden.

Advertisement