Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

DBB wrote: »
    Hi md323,
    Sorry to hear you've been put in such an awful situation... It seems to be so common these days in a very tough rental market.
    Can you tell us a bit more about your dog? Neutered? Age? Temperament? Likes/dislikes?
    :)

Hi, sorry, i should have mentioned all that in my post.
    He is neutered, He is 'about' six, i say about because he was a stray we found .
    He is very friendly once he knows you, is a bit boisterous and likes to bark.
    Im not selling him very well but thats the way is!!
    He is used to kids as we have three children, from ages 2 to 17.
    He isnt a full breed.
    He is micro chipped

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

If you can post a photo, it can really help to "sell" the dog.
    He's an awkward-ish age to rehome, but if he's a nice character and easy to live with, you should strike lucky.
    No harm to contact some local rescues if even just to get them to post him on their rehoming pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

DBB wrote: »
    If you can post a photo, it can really help to "sell" the dog.
    He's an awkward-ish age to rehome, but if he's a nice character and easy to live with, you should strike lucky.
    No harm to contact some local rescues if even just to get them to post him on their rehoming pages.

Would you know of any local rescues in the Limerick area?

md323 wrote: »
    Would you know of any local rescues in the Limerick area?

We're not allowed to recommend individual rescues on the forum, but I'd hope you'll get some PMs that might help. Actually, some of the bigger rescues may not be local as such, but do rehome dogs nationwide and have a large social media following.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

Hi,

We started feeding a young female cat over the Summer, and after a few weeks she turned up with a young female kitten.

We're looking to find a home for both of them (together or separately).

The mother has been neutered and had her shots, the kitten is due to be done soon.

I travel between Gorey and Dublin regularly, so I can deliver anywhere along that route!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=465041&stc=1&d=1541062256

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=465042&stc=1&d=1541062256

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=465043&stc=1&d=1541062256

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=465044&stc=1&d=1541062256

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=465045&stc=1&d=1541062256

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rifter

Looking for rehome 8 Labrador collie pups
    Two brown white
    Two white black
    Two black white
    Two full black with a little white
    Pups are ready to go around 17th of September

Are any of these pups still available? If you found a rescue to take them could you pm details?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rifter

Looking for rehome 8 Labrador collie pups
    Two brown white
    Two white black
    Two black white
    Two full black with a little white
    Pups are ready to go around 17th of September

Are any of these pups still available? If you found a rescue to take them could you pm details?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

I'm looking for a good home for 2 kittens,they were born wild but have got a lot friendlier in the last few weeks.
    One loves attention,the other will take food from your hand but doesn't like being touched.he might come around with time. They're very playful & will only be rehomed together.

Looking for a home for a <5 year old indoor cat. Neutered. Male, Black.IMG_20190410_203355.jpg

IMG_20190410_203406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Three little kitties nearly ready for forever homes. All black and orange, - very friendly.

[IMG][/img]62543820_430730317478231_6484656934782763008_n.jpg

[IMG][/img]64204321_430730224144907_2735362055463763968_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Oh gorgeous! Where in the country are you? Are you rehoming them separately or together? Are they vaccinated/neutered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Cosmo is a 7 year old chihuahua. He is neutered, house trained and has undergone basic obedience training. He is very affectionate with people he knows and loves nothing more than a long walk and snuggling on the couch in the evening.

He's not good with other dogs initially, however in a boarding kennel situation he is fine with other dogs so he probably just needs careful introductions. He is wary of new people but will usually warm to them with calm introductions. At which point he is then stuck to them like glue. He will also guard his food and toys, but this can be managed.

He has been with us since he was a pup of 12 weeks. However, our circumstances have changed. With a new child in the house, Cosmo has become increasingly unsettled and anxious as the little one becomes more mobile. Even though we keep them seperated as best we can, we are worried that he may injure her if she was ever to grab him or corner him.

For that reason we're looking for a home for him with no children and preferably no other dogs.

We are gutted that it has come to this, but it would be irresponsible to keep him in this situation. Not just for our daughter's sake, but for his as well, as he has been rather miserable since she arrived.

If you're interested in rehoming Cosmo please drop me a PM. I can send more photos to anyone who is interested.

We're based in Dublin City, but we can take him wherever he needs to go.

Thanks

-0Ex9K025G_dyaRMiyJ9qnLHc9r2SuLEKahaprRkksNZwMzghoDl2RhKsP-diYR5Ljo6mWxbJhlOiV0P7wA7mItI0o-5IrBhow6I7V5hVsQ7xcQahpDExTvEY7uYD003Fm1XH_DnI5QPulLnYJs1PLToCBd8bTKJGhWDFlgvuW77k8XJUm4Wwgv2EhbC-CL6hql3XMkUEW7a7zbFemVZ03oclN8pa9VD65ma4y-f8yuuqBm1X5zcEnipL_jJKjArokV26zgBIpmAIM4TSbjCq_rpHGHjnaqRZMVraeQ-gKftvKfHAEK_i0LMkUH4Ug8yNGxkT7FWPCJfANbRJHQvWfbupA5Bulshj8NsP7u-PD0cHPROGgYaukh-8u7Klj-DxccW0xaRJ49ZMLmaw2eL_m_4m0OjALhLPGMW_bdce8X3YDRhBM-TDM9XgX14AsYOb7RJNg9T2bbRkao1IuRFfh3zWKXrE6HG5_D5l2ujDkBiDRZCDXQt_uT66YakiVXJu0xvMXGKjeGsBh464YHLrV4xpoeTRJJkqbfXeTq_6WFSGOVXfdCZZYHQk1y2-ddSw0o8ZY4uk3HeV-N7euh8GQJUTweSx5WydN5WWASjmoLLSWnUjx_DX37qcBUxLGj569iP10DJM3FiNf3KIg8dX74soAMuez1zksYAHdY6tX6m76zCIhHUji1f0BKAAo_maeCufQay8tfbK58EPEVSeIwh=w1273-h849-no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Considering rehoming my two Parrotlets (Pocket Parrots), one female, albino and one male, various shades of blue.

Both are 7 years old (live to 20). Male is hand reared while the female was raised in an avery so is not hand tame. They were never used for breeding and would not be suitable as a breeding pair due to recessive genes.

Please note the male is noisy and likes attention but otherwise they are very easy to keep.

If anyone has any questions please ask (athlone based)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Donaldboy25

pawrick wrote: »
    Considering rehoming my two Parrotlets (Pocket Parrots), one female, albino and one male, various shades of blue.

Both are 7 years old (live to 20). Male is hand reared while the female was raised in an avery so is not hand tame. They were never used for breeding and would not be suitable as a breeding pair due to recessive genes.

Please note the male is noisy and likes attention but otherwise they are very easy to keep.

If anyone has any questions please ask (athlone based)

Hi pawrick have you a cage with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Hi pawrick have you a cage with them

will pm info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

sparksfly wrote: »

Please don't put a healthy young dog to sleep. :( Where in the country are you? Have you asked local animal charities if they can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

sparksfly wrote: »

Good gracious, please try rescues before asking for a vet to put a healthy, happy dog to sleep. A native breed as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

FYI your image isn't working.

Worked for me.
    What a gorgeous dog.
    Please think again and try a few rescues.Mostly for the dog's sake but also for your father.
    I'm sure there are people on the animal and pets forum who could make great reccomendations on who to contact.

• Advertisement

A quick search indicates that the breed rescue is going to help get this fella sorted out with a new home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Looking for a home for a dark grey rabbit about 3yrs old. Friendly and comes with cage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Oscar is a rescue Springer cross possibly with English setter because of his colouring. We have him about 9 months and they thought ib SPCA he was about a year old then.
    My daughter is now working full time and I am finding it a a handful to bring him for runs and walks, Its not fair on him.He is loving.affectionate, neauterd. microcipped and up to date vaccinations.
    I would love if someone who had the energy and space to rehome him could do so
    Please pm me if you are interested....I just want a good home for Oscar

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

dennyire wrote: »
    Oscar is a rescue Springer cross possibly with English setter because of his colouring. We have him about 9 months and they thought ib SPCA he was about a year old then.
    My daughter is now working full time and I am finding it a a handful to bring him for runs and walks, Its not fair on him.He is loving.affectionate, neauterd. microcipped and up to date vaccinations.
    I would love if someone who had the energy and space to rehome him could do so
    Please pm me if you are interested....I just want a good home for Oscar

Thank you

If he was adopted from an SPCA you are obliged to get in touch with them for rehoming as per the adoption contract. They may be happy enough for you to rehome him yourself, but you do need to get in touch with them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My mother got two guinea pigs about 5 months ago thinking both were males. Turns out one was female. Anyway she got pregnant and gave birth to a boy. Then she got pregnant again despite being separated from the father and had two more.
    She is looking to rehome the father and first son together. No cage included though as she has the mother and two babies now and wants to keep the two and the mother but separately.
    Free to take away as long as you have proof of a cage for the father and son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My mother got two guinea pigs about 5 months ago thinking both were males. Turns out one was female. Anyway she got pregnant and gave birth to a boy. Then she got pregnant again despite being separated from the father and had two more.
    She is looking to rehome the father and first son together. No cage included though as she has the mother and two babies now and wants to keep the two and the mother but separately.
    Free to take away as long as you have proof of a cage for the father and son.

Can't take the piggies, much as I'd love too, but you can get a male neutered easy enough and keep with her for company, they don't like living alone, or if a baby is female keep them together. A good small animal vet will give you advice, they can breed from fairly young, so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

From experience we had issues with our neutered pigs. They don't always do great after it. He could be kept in a cage near the others though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Apologies for previous post.
    I wasnt thinking about the time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Mods hope this is ok to post .. I’m Involved with two fb groups for Rehoming small furries and thought it might be a good idea to post them here so people
    Can post about rehome or adoption?
    They are called

<snip>. Mostly Guinea pigs but also rabbits gerbils etc

<snip>

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

murphf, the quote below is from post #1 of this thread.
    It couldn't be any clearer. Also the forum charter states that you may not name, recommend or discuss any rescue in this forum. This is especially true for Facebook pages where there is no proper organisation set up to vet or home check potential adopters. Please respect the forum rules and the rules of this thread.

Thanks,
    CB.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Welcome to the new rehoming thread.

This thread is for once off rehoming of your own pets or offspring of your own pets.

This thread is not to be used by agencies for advertising or rehoming of animals they have available for rehoming.

So for example your cat has kittens and you want to rehome them then this thread is for you.

Finally:The normal rules of the Forum apply here as well so we suggest that you read them before posting here.

Advertisement