Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon will introduce a final set tiebreak from 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2018-10-19/aeltc_announces_introduction_of_final_set_tiebreak.html

I thought this was bad news, but the tiebreak will be played if the score reaches 12/12 in the final set.

So not so bad.
    Still think it's unfair to decide a whole match on a tb, but I guess they don't want matches going on and on and players getting exhausted.
    But how often does it really happen? Not enough to need a rule change I wouldn't have thought. If they wanted to speed things up, I'd prefer them to change the grass and balls back to the bad bouncing, fast days, encouraging players to get to the net asap and end the point quick with either a volley or a passing shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd agree on this. 14-12 in the final set seems exciting on paper but is often a bit of drudge to watch in practice

Advertisement