Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First time camping in France

• 01-01-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,Im planing a camping trip to France and i need ideas.We bought a caravan and was wonder if anyone on here can recommend sites close to Ferry port.I dont want to be coming of the ferry and then driving for 5 hours as we have 4 moany kids .We were planning on a ferry to Cherbourg and dont mind driving for 2 hrs give or take.If someone can give me any info,It would be great.Thanks so much for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Far better if you can sail to Roscoff, choice of camp sites in Brittany way better the further west you go. 2 hours driving off the boat at Cherbourg and you're still on the Contentin penninsula towing a caravan.

Nice sites around Vannes, Lorient, Quimper, Saint-Brieuc, Douarnenez.

The question is more about can anyone get away on the ferry this summer at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

bozharry1 wrote: »
    Hi,Im planing a camping trip to France and i need ideas.We bought a caravan and was wonder if anyone on here can recommend sites close to Ferry port.I dont want to be coming of the ferry and then driving for 5 hours as we have 4 moany kids .We were planning on a ferry to Cherbourg and dont mind driving for 2 hrs give or take.If someone can give me any info,It would be great.Thanks so much for any advice

Address: Boulevard du Général Patton, 50170 Pontorson, France;

c 2 hours from Cherbourg Lovely campsite in a small town and at the entrance to Brittany.

Google Camping Pontorson France, follow the links and it will show you many many campsites in the surrounds. You are near Mont St Michel.

also Address:Camping Le Vieux Chêne **** 5 Place de la Cathédrale, 35120 Dol-de-Bretagne, France Which is a bit further on

Used both sites a number of times over the years but a while ago.Had 4 kids and tent/trailer tent.

Hopefully you'll get there.

France is brilliant for camping holidays and huge amount of choice.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://www.anse-du-brick.fr/

15 minutes from Cherbourg Port. Beautiful place with direct access to a really nice cove beach.

Have stayed a few times over the years, highly recommend it.

Advertisement