Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options
1124125126127128130»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Christ, dealing with both An Post and the Passport office at the same time is like banging your head off a brick wall. I'm being sent from Billy to Jack, one telling me to contact the other. The lack of urgency and ownership is infuriating but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭frankbrett

Hi, was talking to the passport office about my application for my baby son's passport and informed my application would almost certainly be rejected as the photo doesn't meet guidelines. However I've to wait until such time as it's officially reviewed before they can send me an email to reopen my application which will cause further delays and cause us to miss our flights. As it's a first time application I can't arrange an in-person appointment. Is there anything I can do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Can anyone say what happens if you lose your passport card but still have your passport?

If you report the card as lost so they cancel your original passport?

Unsure what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

If you are certain your card is lost you should report it and have it cancelled immediately.

Its a very significant ID document and can expose you to identify theft in the wrong hands. Speaking from experience, what ever your concerns about having a passport cancelled is nothing compared to having to unravel damage caused by fraud as a result of identity theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 debs80

Just wondering if anyone can advise what I should do.

Submitted first time applications for 2 children last week.

Sent in copy of my current passport but this is not the passport I had before they were born.

Didn't send in my birth or marriage cert either.

Will my current passport be sufficient for identity purposes or will they need the other documents?

Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 debs80

Have just gotten off the phone with the Passport Office.

Started off at 31 in the queue but it moved very quickly and I was speaking to someone within about 5 minutes.

She tells me that as long as current passport and the old passport have the same surname there shouldn't be a problem as they keep all the details on file.

The current issue date is the 3rd April so we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Approx 3 million passports have been issued in that period. A loss ratio of 0.017% is not just acceptable but incredibly low.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Have a child renewal with an expected issue date of today, should I expect it to be issued soon or will I be waiting a while longer? How have other people fared here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Did one a couple of months back and got it a couple of days ahead of the expected date. Easter might be taking the sting out of things this week but I’d say assuming there’s no issue you will have it very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Steviesol

Hi. Have issue date 2nd April. Does that mean it will be posted that day? Due to fly 3rd April, so in a bit of a bind. Have tried TD etc.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Libertine07

Are adult renewals still just taking a few days? Trying to work out the best time to apply.

I'm away at the end of April to Belgium, then mid June to Croatia.

Passport expires on 24th June.

Am I better off waiting til I get back from Croatia (passport will just about be in date), or apply in May so I have it in time for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

I applied at lunchtime today and passport status is now "Printing". I assume that means I'll have it next week.

Update: checked around 6.30pm on the same day and passport now dispatched.

Post edited by woodyman on

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Libertine07

Still crazy fast then, that's great.

I think I was waiting about 3 weeks the last time I had to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ConorC1

Did anybody ever forgot to include the cover letter as part of their application? Wondering will it delay things. Posted the documents for my child today and realised just now that I forgot to include the cover letter 🙈

Advertisement