Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 kids annuals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

2 of 7 gone and both would have been favourites. Website must have had incorrect stock levels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ordered 5 for the 4 year old and the Star wars for myself and got the out of stock on the star wars this morning :).
    Why ever arrives arrives, cheap books and kid will enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Same here. Ordered five annuals and got shipping notice yesterday. Email this morning from Easons saying they were out of three. Just got the delivery - only a single book there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

tried ordering Liverpool win the league annuals but apparently the delivery date keeps slipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Thanks OP I ordered seven yesterday, two for my daughter and five as Birthday presents for all the classmates parties. They'll go nicely with the character gift tins I picked up for €2 (reduced from €13!) from Easons a while ago. No sign of despatch notification, or out of stock email so i'll live in hope. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Ordered 7,
    Received a mail this morning saying 1 was out of stock and 3 were delivered today. Based on previous posts with similar experiences I'm hoping the rest are on their way.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I ordered 5, and got an email saying 1 is out of stock. Thankfully that 1 is the one i chose to get me to the €10 free delivery, so sort of a win win for me! :D

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Free delivery was for €10 or more spend

Meant €10. Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

the lad who got 20 must have cleared them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ordered six, got three today, no email so I am presuming that the others will be sent in due course, obviously there was high demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ordered 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Thanks a million op...ordered 11 of them

Ordered 14, all the ones my boys would have a genuine interest in (sports teams/video games/superheroes). Got an email that 2 were out of stock and have been refunded.

Missed a delivery today, so am assuming that's at least some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Ordered 12 Tuesday. 4 cancelled 1 arrived today.

Really wanted the Ripley's one for the wee lad but it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭stooge

all cancelled now

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chocoholic999

I ordered 6 annuals and 3 candles that were half price. Everything par one annual was cancelled. As I use parcel motel I have ended up paying 6 euro for one annual. I really wish I hadn’t bothered.
    It was a great deal though for those that managed to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Order 5 for €10 and the free delivery.

Got €2 refunded to my PayPal and 2 annuals arrived today. So I suppose the 2 others will come eventually. No email from them.

Doesn't seem very cost effective for them to be sending these in multiple deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

As with other people, ordered 5, 2 cancelled, 1 arrived today.

This really doesn't bode well for the future of Eason, they don't seem to be able to actually sell books online, a possibly fatal flaw in a bookseller these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Nuno wrote: »
    Ordered 7,
    Received a mail this morning saying 1 was out of stock and 3 were delivered today. Based on previous posts with similar experiences I'm hoping the rest are on their way.

The remaining 3 annuals arrived today. Pretty happy overall. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

Phibsboro wrote: »
    As with other people, ordered 5, 2 cancelled, 1 arrived today.

This really doesn't bode well for the future of Eason, they don't seem to be able to actually sell books online, a possibly fatal flaw in a bookseller these days.

They're a disaster. Was looking for 2 books before Christmas. Checked Easons on line. Both listed as out of stock (price still showing though). So went in to local independent book shop. They ordered the two books and they were in the next day and both at a cheaper price than was listed on Easons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ordered 9, 2 cancelled, 2 arrived yesterday. Last 5 arrived this morning. 3 nephews, 7 annuals... This will be fun especially as the two cancelled were for the older boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

polaris68 wrote: »
    Order 5 for €10 and the free delivery.

Got €2 refunded to my PayPal and 2 annuals arrived today. So I suppose the 2 others will come eventually. No email from them.

Doesn't seem very cost effective for them to be sending these in multiple deliveries.

Same here. Email last night with a refund for €2 for the out of stock item.
    No email to say delivering yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Not emailing me for some reason but I ordered 5, 3 have arrived and I’ve had 2 Euro refunded to PayPal so I presume there’s one more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ordered five, 2 out of stock, 2 delivered, 1 delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I got 1 delivered out of 5. No emails to say the rest were out of stock. I presume the rest will come next week. Great find OP, thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

All arrived today I. Two parcels bar the two cancelled (Lego and Spider-Man).

Little man was delighted to get one as a present today after getting his first Men B jab.

Thanks Op, great find

Got 2 delivered today after getting an email confirming 1 was out of stock. Just got another email saying another is out of stock. Those of you who haven't received the remaining parts of your orders, just be prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 delivered today a few cancelled and others processing.
    Got a refund for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Still a good few of certain ones in stock in store; Minecraft, Incredibles, Star Wars, Fantastic Beasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Advertisement