Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

A couple from today
    7985348072_5603dfeb1d_z.jpg
    7872516976_e341e8c32c_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

3.0 Capri ? Can't see if there's another tailpipe on the right :confused:

Had both, plenty of V6 Capris, and the Sunny just kept going and going - finally emigrated to Nigeria :cool:

Capri wrote: »
    3.0 Capri ? Can't see if there's another tailpipe on the right :confused:

Had both, plenty of V6 Capris, and the Sunny just kept going and going - finally emigrated to Nigeria :cool:

Never really took notice of the tailpipes on the Capri. I'm always a bit cautious when taking photos of cars in gardens. But it is indeed a 3.0 :cool:

The Sunny is cool bus alright :cool: I had a few myself.

Thought so, the wheels were the 3.0 Ghia alloys ;)

14515428987_f79664546c_z.jpg
    I'm sure some of our Dublin-based members on here will know this one on Clonliffe road. Oh I'd love to knock in....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Yup that's been sitting there for 10 years at this stage, I used to live on clonliffe road back in 2005or 2006, it was there then - gathering dust

Yup that's been sitting there for 10 years at this stage, I used to live on clonliffe road back in 2005or 2006, it was there then - gathering dust

I'd love to know the story with it. Seeing original Irish stuff like this makes my day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Kaiser D wrote: »
    14515428987_f79664546c_z.jpg
    I'm sure some of our Dublin-based members on here will know this one on Clonliffe road. Oh I'd love to knock in....:o

One thing's for sure, the Fat Singing Cowboy fans won't see it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

10520428_807473279287240_3563291884964393926_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

^^ Nice VW kit car. Well finished too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Garvan

Carrickmines yesterday. Not sure if the Volvo qualifies but I love them and this was in immaculate condition

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Garvan wrote: »
    Carrickmines yesterday. Not sure if the Volvo qualifies but I love them and this was in immaculate condition

2 classics imho including the V70 T5:cool:

The V70 looks like it's just got a fresh coat of paint - or one hell of a waxing :cool:

Those 'bull bars' on the 2CV were an option AFIR :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Garvan

davycc wrote: »
    2 classics imho including the V70 T5:cool:

If I had the money and an understanding wife if love to chase one down for a spot in my driveway. I had a 98 C70 T5 GT a number of years ago and I loved the feel and look of the interior

G

This evening in Rathnew petrol station - Range Rover classic and yellow Caterham V8

As owners were talking /cars building up behind me and them :mad: I couldn't get a shot but the Caterham had a little Rover badge on the grille and 2-3 pairs of small headlights.

http://www.netcarshow.com/caterham/2009-r500/

That Healy is presumabily 59 LS 1 , but it could also pass for 59 LSI

The Caddy was giving it welly out of Ashford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Diabhalta wrote: »
    IMG_8262.jpg

Diabhalta wrote: »
    IMG_8267.jpg

IMG_8269.jpg

Both cars have Kilkenny regs. :P I have never seen a renault 9 with headlight washers, must be the top of the range model. Nice era of Renaults then and before.

For VW fans, 3 x T25's and 2 Beetles (Note the 'size' of the Golf beside the Beetle :eek: )

315563.jpg

I've passed that van millions of times over the years but it never seems to move from there, yet it seems in good nick.

BTW, theres an Irish reg Peugeot 309, Morris Minor and Jag MK2 close by on Griffith avenue :cool:

The R4 is particularily clean

I've passed that van millions of times over the years but it never seems to move from there, yet it seems in good nick.

Friend of mine went in to enquire about it - didn't get a good reception :mad:

Cannot understand people who cannot be civil about people calling to enquire about something that's on public display - if he doesn't want enquiries then put it in the garage or put a big 'F*CK OFF' note in the window :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Friend of mine went in to enquire about it - didn't get a good reception :mad:

Cannot understand people who cannot be civil about people calling to enquire about something that's on public display - if he doesn't want enquiries then put it in the garage or put a big 'F*CK OFF' note in the window :mad:

:D:D Probably thought he was some hooligan and going to trash it banger racing or something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Garvan wrote: »

V70R, a rare beast over here. Looks in some condition!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Saw this driving around Dublin 2/8 yesterday. Re the other thread... not sure it would walk through an NCT!

6tuj4d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

The R4 is me ! yeah finally in the spotted thread......
    The R4 is particularily clean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭w124man

Didnt have the iPhone close to hand but I spotted two MB W116's, two MB W126's and a DB5 in Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

Love the Renault 4 !!!

Today's pics

The Mini and Defender span a few decades so they could be clean 60's as easily as 00's. The Defender was a V8 :cool: (driven by a blond Aussie I'd say as she turned left on the red light :eek: - legal in Oz AFIK :rolleyes: )

The Barchetta is a rare sight,nice styling

The SL reminded me of the pre-emissions days, much as I like V8's the smell off the exhaust was STRONG :o

Mini :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Hmmmm. My definition of "classic" is very different from other's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

She on the left not a bit too old for a skateboard ?

315993.jpg

Advertisement