Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASUS eee PC 701 2G Surf - white €189

• 26-08-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

ASUS eee PC 701 2G Surf - white €189 at Pixmania
    Information
    Operating
    System Linux Xandros + KDE graphics interface
    RAM 512 MB
    Cache Memory 512 KB
    Processor Celeron M Ultra Low Voltage
    Hard drive 2 GB SSD
    Video Card Intel GMA900
    Monitor 7" 800x480
    Memory Card Reader MMC / SDHC memory card reader
    Optical Disk Reader No
    USB 3 USB 2.0 ports
    Modem/Ethernet Port 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
    WLAN WiFi 802.11 b/g
    Additional features No webcam
    Size 22.5 x 16.4 x 2.15~3.5 cm
    Weight 0.92 kg
    Included Accessories Sleeve, 4400 mAh battery
    Included Software OpenOffice 2.0, Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype
    Downloadable manual (1 download available in a language of your choice after purchase ): German, French

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

i know its linux based but can this yoke run windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Yes, but not worth the hassle. The Xandros OS on it is fine for all the casual user could want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

JAMM222 wrote: »
    i know its linux based but can this yoke run windows?

There is another version with a higher hardware spec that can run windows, but at that price point there are probably better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Very tempted to get the black version with webcam and twice the internal storage for €219.

Has anyone here actually used a netbook? Is it noticeably slower then a laptop? What's the word processor like to use?

I have a 12" Dell XPS for about a year and a half and it's brilliant - it's just pretty heavy and I don't really use it for anything processor intensive when I'm mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Here's the thread for the EEE PCs/Netbooks. It should answer all your questions:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173563

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I used one whilst on holidays. Perfect for checking email, surfing, placing the odd bet online, watching divx movies and listening to music.

They amke a fine light use laptop, typing on it takes time to get used to as the keyboard is small, but give it time.

I found the eee pc 701 to be fast enough for common use. I would love to get one myself, but I can't really justify it :)

mj

Advertisement