Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

On the Yorkshire buses

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I found it really horribly edited and incredibly repetitive. Padded out with too many 'previews' of what's coming up next. And the narration is as patronising as hell. Although it's a very good advertisement against privatisation. Makes you realise what a relatively good and well-funded public transport system we have in Dublin.

The Secret Life of a Bus Garage is way better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I found it really horribly edited and incredibly repetitive. Padded out with too many 'previews' of what's coming up next. And the narration is as patronising as hell. Although it's a very good advertisement against privatisation. Makes you realise what a relatively good and well-funded public transport system we have in Dublin.

Except it's not really full scale privatisation in the UK as most bus comapnies would get a subsidy from local councils to operate unprofitable routes as well as except their equivalent of FTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mercedeslimos

When I lived in Yorkshire (89-01) it was still under the control of the company formed by a management buyout of the old PTE operation. COuld get across West Yorkshire for a few quid a day on a ticket, with frequent buses and you were never too far from a bus. Assume it's all changed now.

Advertisement