Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
15-06-2019, 22:45   #61
Hio
Registered User
 
Hio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Hard to see Clare even competing tomorrow with Cork in my view, rule out a win for sure because when Clare were doing better last year and the year before Cork were still a bogey team beating Clare in the last two Munster finals and also the round robin game too. Morale is at an all time low & Cork will exploit that even further I believe in Ennis tomorrow. I would love to think I am off the mark but most pundits are thinking the same. Fair play to Dublin who knocked Galway out of the championship tonight and also well done to Davys Wexford who qualified for the Leinster Final and the all ireland series. I know it might be a bit early but can't help asking out there what contenders will there be does one think for the Clare Hurling Manager next year/season. The Munster League will be on in December so no harm to get things rolling now because bar two miracles looks like this season is already finished for Clare
Hio is offline  
Advertisement
15-06-2019, 22:57   #62
windy shepard henderson
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,402
Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hio View Post
Hard to see Clare even competing tomorrow with Cork in my view, rule out a win for sure because when Clare were doing better last year and the year before Cork were still a bogey team beating Clare in the last two Munster finals and also the round robin game too. Morale is at an all time low & Cork will exploit that even further I believe in Ennis tomorrow. I would love to think I am off the mark but most pundits are thinking the same. Fair play to Dublin who knocked Galway out of the championship tonight and also well done to Davys Wexford who qualified for the Leinster Final and the all ireland series. I know it might be a bit early but can't help asking out there what contenders will there be does one think for the Clare Hurling Manager next year/season. The Munster League will be on in December so no harm to get things rolling now because bar two miracles looks like this season is already finished for Clare
yep , well done davey we all still love you up here in clare

christy ring cup here we come
windy shepard henderson is offline  
(3) thanks from:
15-06-2019, 23:03   #63
Figerty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy shepard henderson View Post
yep , well done davey we all still love you up here in clare

christy ring cup here we come
Great news from Wexford.. means Davy will probably stay there for another year. 3 draws, so he's getting closer to winning a serious game!
Figerty is offline  
16-06-2019, 12:16   #64
Gael85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,427
Any chance Colm Collins would call Conor Cleary into football set up with hurlers more than likely gone? Cathal Malone was very good for Ennistymon in club football championship last year. Did he ever play minor/u21 football for Clare?

Last edited by Gael85; 16-06-2019 at 12:27.
Gael85 is offline  
16-06-2019, 13:24   #65
LuckyGent88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,699
Great stuff from the minors. Might give the seniors a bit of a boost.

Now to find a pub with this Tipp limerick game on
LuckyGent88 is offline  
Advertisement
16-06-2019, 13:28   #66
keeponhurling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,321
Any chance Ger Loughnane could come back and give the pre-match talk ?

Tell them they’re going to win the All-Ireland this year, beating Cork just another step along the way
keeponhurling is offline  
16-06-2019, 13:43   #67
LuckyGent88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponhurling View Post
Any chance Ger Loughnane could come back and give the pre-match talk ?

Tell them they’re going to win the All-Ireland this year, beating Cork just another step along the way
Mad to think this group could actually do that if the team and management got there **** together.

Changes aplenty in the lineup I hear anyway
LuckyGent88 is offline  
16-06-2019, 13:44   #68
Gael85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,427
Jason & Aidan McCarthy and Seadna Morey starting for Clare.
Gael85 is offline  
16-06-2019, 15:53   #69
lab man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,114
great win by clare
lab man is offline  
Advertisement
16-06-2019, 15:59   #70
Gael85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,427
Clare first Munster win over Cork since 98.
Gael85 is offline  
16-06-2019, 16:02   #71
False Prophet
Registered User
 
False Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab man View Post
great win by clare
Minors yes.

Seniors too little too late.
Just hope that the win isnt used to cover up the mistakes from the previous 2 embarrassing performances.
Hopefully we get a new management team (asap) and refreshed squad for next year with everyone having to fight to get a starting slot.
Next year wont be easy either with cork and tipp away.
False Prophet is offline  
16-06-2019, 16:22   #72
Seadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gael85 View Post
Clare first Munster win over Cork since 98.
Fully deserved.
Seadin is offline  
Thanks from:
16-06-2019, 16:23   #73
lab man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,114
@false, I was only talking about the match today, I think the management should have taken Tony off as a statement late in second half
lab man is offline  
16-06-2019, 16:35   #74
windy shepard henderson
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,402
Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
Minors yes.

Seniors too little too late.
Just hope that the win isnt used to cover up the mistakes from the previous 2 embarrassing performances.
Hopefully we get a new management team (asap) and refreshed squad for next year with everyone having to fight to get a starting slot.
Next year wont be easy either with cork and tipp away.
agree , it should not cover up the reason as to why we are out of the championship ,

it might be harsh on two lads that have done so much for clare hurling but in fairness we knew since late last year that we had 3 key games in 3 weeks and we probably needed to win 2 of them

to lose to limerick in that manner was terrible last week
windy shepard henderson is offline  
16-06-2019, 16:39   #75
False Prophet
Registered User
 
False Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab man View Post
@false, I was only talking about the match today, I think the management should have taken Tony off as a statement late in second half
Understood but guess I'm afraid of us ending up with same management,players and tactics for another season based on it.
False Prophet is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet