Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-04-2019, 23:08   #31
SpannerMonkey

What is wrong with irish people that they hate on anything done or made in ireland.

Yes the show is a copy of the english one. No doubt licenced by rte in the same way irelands fittest family has been licenced in the usa. Its how tv works.

I thought the show was well done . One of the better RTE shows ive seen . And anyone here that think what they were doing was easy is deluded. You go get roared at for hours and hours while exhausted ,wet and freezing and see how you do. And seriously complaining that they used the F word too much haha . This is designed to stress them out mentally and physically. Cursing at people gets them riled up its part of the process.

All in all a good start and i look forward to the next episode.
Advertisement
18-04-2019, 23:09   #32
HarveyHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonicat View Post
It's a reality TV show. I don't consider enduring abuse from an obvious moron for the sake of getting on TV to be an achievement.
But hey, take it seriously if you want.
And yet you watched it, smart move on your part alright.

It's fluff alright, but you are right, you wouldn't be able to endure it, very, very few would (and do) pass the real Ranger course.
(3) thanks from:
18-04-2019, 23:17   #33
Snow Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyHunt View Post
And yet you watched it, smart move on your part alright.

It's fluff alright, but you are right, you wouldn't be able to endure it, very, very few would (and do) pass the real Ranger course.
I very much doubt that the 'real' ranger course is all that difficult. It simply doesn't need to be.
18-04-2019, 23:23   #34
HarveyHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Garden View Post
I very much doubt that the 'real' ranger course is all that difficult. It simply doesn't need to be.
How so?

Even though the Irish Army is small so you'd expect the standard on average lower than other elite forces, the standard is still hard to reach.
(4) thanks from:
18-04-2019, 23:29   #35
average hero

Really enjoyed that. First time in a while I have enjoyed an RTE show so much. Well done to all involved!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-04-2019, 23:31   #36
shamrock55

Quote:
How do you know
(3) thanks from:
18-04-2019, 23:36   #37
Signore Fancy Pants
Psst...Wana See My Banana?

Quote:
Jaysis.

You are dead wrong. You saw a very mild 1 hr of tv, probably from your nice warm, dry house on a comfy couch.

The Selection Course lasts 9 months. Then the real training starts.

Military training is hard and its hard for a reason. Special Forces training is harder again and it has to be.

You saying "it simply doesnt need to be" is because you have no comprehension of it.
18-04-2019, 23:59   #38
Atlantic Dawn

Very poor so far compared to the UK version where the tasks involve so much more teamwork, perhaps next week will be better.

The eff word is ruining it, it's devalued when it's mentioned twice in every sentence.
Thanks from:
19-04-2019, 00:26   #39
shamrock55

Not great so far, too much like sas but nowhere near as good, might get better hopefully
Advertisement
19-04-2019, 08:07   #40
rusty cole

are we not neutral or consigned to peace keeping so whats with all this we operate in the shadows, covert like!!! I don't see liam neeson and lee marvin there hopping in and out of the congo shooting fook out of rubber trees!!

that said I really enjoyed the program, the tall liam neeson looking lad is funny he curses so much. that girl was a tough person mentally I have to say. So much for the juiced up looking ALPHA!! her body from the neck down let her down due to cold but that could happen to anyone just like mountain sickness. the difference with her was from the neck up, she seemed fine, coherent and stable enough to say yes I'm fine, good on her.
19-04-2019, 08:31   #41
Rows Grower

Thumbs up from myself and the wife, very entertaining.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Thanks from:
20-04-2019, 07:36   #42
Road-Hog

Why anyone would want to partake in this program is beyond me......being bawled at and sworn in almost every sentence and every second word being fcuk by a meat head of an instructor.....definite thumbs down for me. Other than attention seeking i dont see any other reason why anyone would volunteer to go on this show to be publically humiliated.......as usual most people’s critism seems to be limited to that it’s not a patch on the ‘uk version’......?

Last edited by Road-Hog; 20-04-2019 at 10:36.
20-04-2019, 09:11   #43
Alf Veedersane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Hog View Post
Other than attention seeking i dont see any other reason why anyone would volunteer to go on this show to be publically humiliated.......as usual most people’s critism seems to be limited to that it’s not a patch on the ‘uk vesion’......?
Easier ways to seek attention.

I'd imagine most wanted the physical and mental challenge of surviving the training
Thanks from:
20-04-2019, 10:35   #44
Road-Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Veedersane View Post
Easier ways to seek attention.

I'd imagine most wanted the physical and mental challenge of surviving the training
There are more private ways of doing this then putting yourself through it on a tv program with a significant portion of the nation looking on......
Thanks from:
20-04-2019, 10:42   #45
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Hog View Post
There are more private ways of doing this then putting yourself through it on a tv program with a significant portion of the nation looking on......
Here's an idea Road-Hog, don't watch it anymore.

Find something that you enjoy watching and watch that instead, life is too short.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion