Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-06-2019, 16:38   #1606
mistersifter

^^ submitted an application last week and got a letter today stating that they would need up to date financial info when they get around to decision time.
Advertisement
18-06-2019, 17:51   #1607
Evenstevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurazal View Post
Hi Guys, quick question: after submitting the initial application and all the supporting documents, do they check your bank statements at a later stage again? I mean, after submitting 1 years bank account statements, can I “relax” a little bit with my finances? I mean, nothing fancy - just thinking of a well-overdue mini holiday break but feeling guilty and not sure if creditors will treat this as “lavish” spending at a later stage…
I went sale agreed and had to submit statements from the time I made the original application to present so I’d go easy if I were you. I just kept saving as I had been while house hunting
18-06-2019, 19:50   #1608
Dave_Geoghegan

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone who has been through the process can help. Is overtime that is not guaranteed taken into account? And anyone that receives country money from employer (also not guaranteed) included? Submitting our application and just want an idea if we will be over budget or not.
Thanks for reading.
19-06-2019, 20:09   #1609
Shadow2019

Has anyone successfully received a RI Loan with a mark on credit rating? When I spoke to the helpline they said ICB is the only one checked but I’d imagine the CCR is checked also? I have some credit issues from the past (all fully paid) but am in a much healthier financial position the last 3 years and can show substantial savings. Looking to apply to south dublin CC Thanks!
20-06-2019, 12:14   #1610
Mark Hamill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellapino15 View Post
Just wondering out of those who have drawn down, did you have to pay the council's legal fees too?
I've just received my letter of loan and in the T&C they say I've to pay all the costs for the lender too. Totally blindsided by this, first it has been mentioned. Where do I even find out how much this is? Because I haven't even allowed for this in my budget!
I bought my house through this scheme last year (went sale agreed nearly a year ago, moved in in November) and I was billed both the councils solicitor's costs and labour fees. I disputed the labour fees but had to pay it at the time as I couldn't wait and I have been trying to recover it for nearly a year now. Multiple emails to housing.gov.ie pointing out that the legislation on this loan (Sec 10(1)(e and f))and the consumer credit act say that I shouldn't have been billed and they say they are still waiting for legal advice on the matter.

Be nice to here if anyone else was charged this but got their money back? I bought in Meath CoCo.
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 14:40   #1611
IrinaO85

Does anyone know if being approved by Housing Agency is a good sign, or it doesn’t mean anything and County council can reject my application?
20-06-2019, 15:45   #1612
Laurazal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hamill View Post
I bought my house through this scheme last year (went sale agreed nearly a year ago, moved in in November) and I was billed both the councils solicitor's costs and labour fees. I disputed the labour fees but had to pay it at the time as I couldn't wait and I have been trying to recover it for nearly a year now. Multiple emails to housing.gov.ie pointing out that the legislation on this loan (Sec 10(1)(e and f))and the consumer credit act say that I shouldn't have been billed and they say they are still waiting for legal advice on the matter.

Be nice to here if anyone else was charged this but got their money back? I bought in Meath CoCo.

Hi mark, how long did it take for Meath CoCo. to process your application, approve it etc.? I am bringing my application to them next week and curious how slow/quick they are...
21-06-2019, 08:37   #1613
Mark Hamill

Quote:
Hi mark, how long did it take for Meath CoCo. to process your application, approve it etc.? I am bringing my application to them next week and curious how slow/quick they are...
I applied right when these loans were new, February or March 2018 and it took about a month at the time.
24-06-2019, 22:12   #1614
mirabella1

Hello. Could anybody help me. I would like apply for that rebuilding loan scheme. There is that I need to letter of insufficient from two banks. Anybody know how that letters looks like?
Advertisement
25-06-2019, 09:46   #1615
Laurazal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabella1 View Post
Hello. Could anybody help me. I would like apply for that rebuilding loan scheme. There is that I need to letter of insufficient from two banks. Anybody know how that letters looks like?
I believe these are letters saying that you do not qualify for the loan or insufficient offers from the banks. I am going to Coco tomorrow. I have two letters: one is from EBS stating that we do not qualify for the loan (they were very kind and provided the letter without application process); the other letter I got from AIB - I starter an electronic mortgage application process and received an email with approval in principle for the amount lesser than the one I will be applying to Coco.
Hopefully these will be sufficient.
Thanks from:
25-06-2019, 14:42   #1616
Laurazal

Just wondering if printed out electronic statements from the bank (AIB) will be accepted by Coco or do they still require them in colour?
25-06-2019, 14:45   #1617
Jmk725

Quote:
Just wondering if printed out electronic statements from the bank (AIB) will be accepted by Coco or do they still require them in colour?
That will depend on the Co. Council, some do and some don't.
Contact your council and see what they say, get it in writing though.
25-06-2019, 21:59   #1618
mirabella1

Quote:
I believe these are letters saying that you do not qualify for the loan or insufficient offers from the banks. I am going to Coco tomorrow. I have two letters: one is from EBS stating that we do not qualify for the loan (they were very kind and provided the letter without application process); the other letter I got from AIB - I starter an electronic mortgage application process and received an email with approval in principle for the amount lesser than the one I will be applying to Coco.
Hopefully these will be sufficient.
Thank you. Yes I have the same principle letter from Bank of Ireland and then I applied in Aib, she said she will do for me that decline letter.
I think you can use online calculator and do screen shots aswell.
25-06-2019, 22:05   #1619
mirabella1

Hello I have one more question. My husband has full time job, so all paperworks is based on that, but he should have now good chance to change job(i know it's not good timing).
My question is, is it problem if he will have different job, because on application form they saying you have to be in continuous employment , but he will have job just different, straight away go from one job to another job. I hope it's understanding. Thank you.
26-06-2019, 08:42   #1620
Jmk725

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabella1 View Post
Hello I have one more question. My husband has full time job, so all paperworks is based on that, but he should have now good chance to change job(i know it's not good timing).
My question is, is it problem if he will have different job, because on application form they saying you have to be in continuous employment , but he will have job just different, straight away go from one job to another job. I hope it's understanding. Thank you.
Their can be a 4 week gap in employment, you will be okay.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion