Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currid

• 28-11-2018 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I am doing a little research on my grandmother's family they are Currid I am not finding much about this surname it seems a family crest is no existent on the web and all I can really find out so far is it's a name that seems to to hail from co Sligo

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sligono1 wrote: »
    I am doing a little research on my grandmother's family they are Currid I am not finding much about this surname it seems a family crest is no existent on the web and all I can really find out so far is it's a name that seems to to hail from co Sligo

Appears as Kurrid in earlier parish registers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Have a look at John Grenham's site, he has some details.

And don't get hung up on coats of arms (crests being part of a coat of arms). I have a whole rant about arms which I'm sure I've posted on this forum before. :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I just came across a Private Bernard Currid, enlisted 18/07/1919 in Sligo, aged 21/6 months, a farm labourer, born St Johns, Sligo, son of Mrs Mary Currid, Charles Street, Sligo. Entitled to the War Medal and the 1914/15 Star, discharged termination of engagement at Warwick on 18/05/1922, behaviour very good, address on dishcarge Charles Street Sligo.

Advertisement