Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Grats wrote: »
    I'm not disputing that at all. Just saying that it was obvious, watching the match, that we weren't winning puck outs in the second half. And yes, management could see that too and did make 5 changes which didn't particularly rectify the problem. They should have changed the puck out strategy.

Oh I agree with you entirely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Galestorm1

Great business from Thomastown if true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭brookville

Henry going to manage thomastown that will lift spirits after this years disappointment.
    Tom Mulally going to tullaron is also a good capture for them.I would like to see him involved with kk u20s.Very meticulous and very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shirleysrumbler

brookville wrote: »
    Henry going to manage thomastown that will lift spirits after this years disappointment.
    Tom Mulally going to tullaron is also a good capture for them.I would like to see him involved with kk u20s.Very meticulous and very successful.
    Tullaroan got this wrong. Tom generally only goes where he gets moderate success. Even with Clara he was Miley Purcell's understudy. He actualy went to Naas last year for a handy few bob.He knows Troan will be happy with a Semi F appearance over 2 yrs and he'll then take off into Wx. Or Wd again with the likes of say Ballysaggert. Fair dues yo Henry. He'll have his. Work cut out getting Ttown heads right. V soft centred C eh owd.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shirleysrumbler

Tullaroan got this wrong. Tom generally only goes where he gets moderate success. Even with Clara he was Miley Purcell's understudy. He actualy went to Naas last year for a handy few bob.He knows Troan will be happy with a Semi F appearance over 2 yrs and he'll then take off into Wx. Or Wd again with the likes of say Ballysaggert. Fair dues yo Henry. He'll have his. Work cut out getting Ttown heads right. V soft centred Crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Plenty of charlatans involved in under age hurling in Kilkenny as it is. Last thing we need is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Village87

Tullaroan got this wrong. Tom generally only goes where he gets moderate success. Even with Clara he was Miley Purcell's understudy. He actualy went to Naas last year for a handy few bob.He knows Troan will be happy with a Semi F appearance over 2 yrs and he'll then take off into Wx. Or Wd again with the likes of say Ballysaggert. Fair dues yo Henry. He'll have his. Work cut out getting Ttown heads right. V soft centred Crowd.

Is it true that Henry is donating his earnings from Thomastown job to the homelessness cause he is involved at the moment. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rosita

Village87 wrote: »
    Is it true that Henry is donating his earnings from Thomastown job to the homelessness cause he is involved at the moment. Fair play

Since it's an amateur sport 'earnings' hardly comes into it surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 doel

Fair dues yo Henry. He'll have his. Work cut out getting Ttown heads right. V soft centred Crowd.

Looks like another hard job for the King!!! Bringing R O Niell with him again from what I hear. Ttown the best team in intermediate by a fair bit in my opinion. Didnt hurl near their potential this year and still shudda won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Binky333

doel wrote: »
    Looks like another hard job for the King!!! Bringing R O Niell with him again from what I hear. Ttown the best team in intermediate by a fair bit in my opinion. Didnt hurl near their potential this year and still shudda won it.

If they should of won it they would have won it. Their potential was limited by a team who outfought them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Technically a good side but probably poor work rate which Henry will change, I wonder if he has 2 years and gets them to senior and keeps them there will he go to the county position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Grats

Garyp88 wrote: »
    Technically a good side but probably poor work rate which Henry will change, I wonder if he has 2 years and gets them to senior and keeps them there will he go to the county position

I think Henry would not manage a team at senior level against the Shamrocks. So if he does get Thomastown promoted next year, my hope is that he'll be then available to manage the County team!!!

I havent heard much from tom mullally in a few years.He was involved with wexford u21 the time we bet them well in the park.
    I know he done a lot of jumping around wexford and surrounding counties and does seem to be on the train but he had some great success with mount leinster rangers winning intermediate all ireland and a year later getting them to a senior final.He definitely had a big influence in clara.Paul Kinnerk is john kielys understudy but he is a vital cog in the limerick wheel.Glenmore weren't happy he was doing a load of clubs while they were struggling junior he took them over and won the all ireland.I remember he won big with wexford clubs.
    You probably know more than I do bout him but a few lads who had him rated him highly.He has being very successful there is plenty of lads jumping county to county winning nothing but he has a proven record.He does move around alright alot I'm not denying that.I haven't heard much bout him the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I havent heard much from tom mullally in a few years.He was involved with wexford u21 the time we bet them well in the park.
    I know he done a lot of jumping around wexford and surrounding counties and does seem to be on the train but he had some great success with mount leinster rangers winning intermediate all ireland and a year later getting them to a senior final.He definitely had a big influence in clara.Paul Kinnerk is john kielys understudy but he is a vital cog in the limerick wheel.Glenmore weren't happy he was doing a load of clubs while they were struggling junior he took them over and won the all ireland.I remember he won big with wexford clubs.
    You probably know more than I do bout him but a few lads who had him rated him highly.He has being very successful there is plenty of lads jumping county to county winning nothing but he has a proven record.He does move around alright alot I'm not denying that.I haven't heard much bout him the last few years
    Mullally was a coach with Fethard this year, other kk involvement down here I'm aware of is Brian Hogan was a coach with Cloughbawn and Anthony McCormack managed Rathnure

Mullally was a coach with Fethard this year, other kk involvement down here I'm aware of is Brian Hogan was a coach with Cloughbawn and Anthony McCormack managed Rathnure

Had Tom mullally much success with club teams in wexford?he was with the u21 a few years ago.How is he rated?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

citykat wrote: »
    Plenty of charlatans involved in under age hurling in Kilkenny as it is. Last thing we need is another one.

The only one I know is _______

Everyone has been burned before
    Everybody knows the pain

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Mark Dowling ex Boro manager is going to Thurles Sars

Mark Dowling ex Boro manager is going to Thurles Sars

That will be interesting to see how he copes with the big stars there.

Boro v Thurles in Club Final next year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

That will be interesting to see how he copes with the big stars there.

Boro v Thurles in Club Final next year!!!

Would be very interesting alright, an out and out Boro man but he works very closely with his team. He'd love to see the Boro do it but would do everything he could to get his team over the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Rosita wrote: »
    Since it's an amateur sport 'earnings' hardly comes into it surely?

He doesn't get paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

blackcard wrote: »
    The Dublin bench were extremely vocal, I don't know if this was a factor. You could hear them screeching for frees or for steps continually

Both may be true but the little thing I noticed was that KK couldn't win a ball for huge spells(most?) of the 4th quarter. Nobody could stop or put any serious consistent pressure on E.D. who scored prolifically. Ref calls & vocal bench can't be blamed at all when you are talking about a KK Senior team blowing a 16 point lead in so short a time. An effect, sure. But not what we saw. I've come to hate commentators saying 'it's done' & similar as was done after the 3rd goal went in. I get it. Yes, we were on top & playing well, but even a yank like me who has only been involved for a bit over a decade has seen enough huge comebacks to be more cautious than that. Carrickshock's comeback against Celbridge a few years back comes to mind along w/quite a few others. The inability to stop, let alone slow the collapse. Can only hope we see more of the first half team for the remainder cause that won't fly w/against Galway etc.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Christ Dublin are so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Comerman

The Leinster final is listed as being shown on RTE "sport" can that be purchased or what's the story?

Comerman wrote: »
    The Leinster final is listed as being shown on RTE "sport" can that be purchased or what's the story?

It's on RTE2

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Leinster Final Team;

E.Murphy

D.Mullen
    H.Lawlor
    T.Walsh

P.Deegan
    C.Delaney
    C.Buckley

P.Walsh
    W.Walsh

R.Leahy
    C.Fennelly
    J.Donnelly

B.Ryan
    TJ
    E.Cody

It's on RTE2

Fukin GAA, Cheers

SteJer wrote: »
    Leinster Final Team;

E.Murphy

D.Mullen
    H.Lawlor
    T.Walsh

P.Deegan
    C.Delaney
    C.Buckley

P.Walsh
    W.Walsh

R.Leahy
    C.Fennelly
    J.Donnelly

B.Ryan
    TJ
    E.Cody

I like the look of that team but can I ask an honest question? Was Wallace that poor to be dropped? Other "team picks" before didn't include him either. Also I'd pick Fogarty any day ahead of Wally in midfield (despite some opinions of him)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Comerman wrote: »
    I like the look of that team but can I ask an honest question? Was Wallace that poor to be dropped? Other "team picks" before didn't include him either. Also I'd pick Fogarty any day ahead of Wally in midfield (despite some opinions of him)

Yeah I thought Wallace was poor. He very much looked like a guy making his championship debut. He had a tough day. He might deserve another chance though.

Fogarty has been great for Kilkenny over the past few years but I don’t think he now offers enough to the team at midfield. He does the basics but we need more. Walter might be a better attacking threat. I think he would enjoy the extra space out there too. Himself and Padraig could be a good partnership.

There is zero chance of this team starting but I’d like to see Cody and the selectors get creative, especially in midfield.

You're right Cody won't be that adventurous. But we do need to shake it up. It might be a bit much to bring on Mullen and T Walsh together on the one line. Fogarty is struggling and midfield needs a radical overhaul, along the lines you suggest. Wonder how R Leahy is going on training. Would be a great addition if he performed.

Noticed how much Cork sent low into their forwards making it easier for them to win the ball over the Dubs. Unlike our constant high ball in. Galway will mop up those type balls. We badly need to mix it up between high and low. I hope we've been trying it on training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

You would expect There should be enough of fire in the belly not to be the first kilkenny team to loose three leinster finals in a row.Will Mullen get on that team i doubt it C Delany was given the cold shoulder for less a couple of years ago may be i am wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement