Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

troyzer wrote: »
    I applied for the quarters and semis Ireland was most likely to be in and the final.

I got the semis. Not sure what to do to be honest.

If you got 4 semi tickets I'd buy them off you. A mate of mine got 4 quarters tickets only. So we're in the same boat...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

errlloyd wrote: »
    If you got 4 semi tickets I'd buy them off you. A mate of mine got 4 quarters tickets only. So we're in the same boat...

I have two, sorry. I think I'm going to take them and beg, borrow and steal my way to the final. There is still the general sale ballot. Plus the dark arts of clubs and people I know etc.

I have two, sorry. I think I'm going to take them and beg, borrow and steal my way to the final. There is still the general sale ballot. Plus the dark arts of clubs and people I know etc.

That's grand. I was chancing my arm tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Clubs won't be allocated any RWC tickets... It's via the official website only.

errlloyd wrote: »
    That's grand. I was chancing my arm tbh.

I don't blame you. I'd do the same. My problem is I selected the cascade option and they're offering me two Category B tickets at nearly €400 a pop.

Which is absolutely crazy money for a semi final, especially if Ireland don't get to it.

• Advertisement

kuang1 wrote: »

Still a chance at the general sale. I imagine 3rd vs 4th won't be hard to get either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

How strict are they on the No Transfers part of terms & conditions, do people know?

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    How strict are they on the No Transfers part of terms & conditions, do people know?

Pretty strict I imagine, it looks like they're going to have your name on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Got Scotland Russia and the most likely semi.. would have preferred the quarter to not have as big a gap but can't be too picky I guess!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Got Scotland Russia and the most likely semi.. would have preferred the quarter to not have as big a gap but can't be too picky I guess!

Yeah, my glass half full thinking is that I can reduce the time off to only 10 days or so. Go to the semi, try and get the final and then jet home. Plenty of time to have a holiday in Japan without breaking the bank by spending nearly a month.

Worst case scenario, Ireland don't get to the semis and I'll try and flog it to a Saffer.

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »

They have never been strict on this to date. That's why the touts can still remain in business sadly.
    The only incidence I've heard of any of that being enforced was at one of Ed Sheeran's in London this year and there was absolute murder over it.

I've got a pair of tickets for each of Ireland's group games but it looks like getting to Japan won't be an option for me.
    I'm giving them to a buddy of mine and neither of us are even slightly concerned that there'll be any issue with him getting into the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Only won the Ireland vs. Scotland match...

was hoping for quarters or semis...

Snapped up a hotel next to the stadium for the semi final, it only had four rooms left.

Then noticed it was a love hotel.......

This might be a recurring theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wexfordhun

They have never been strict on this to date. That's why the touts can still remain in business sadly.
    The only incidence I've heard of any of that being enforced was at one of Ed Sheeran's in London this year and there was absolute murder over it.

I've got a pair of tickets for each of Ireland's group games but it looks like getting to Japan won't be an option for me.
    I'm giving them to a buddy of mine and neither of us are even slightly concerned that there'll be any issue with him getting into the games.

They can never enforce this, imagine trying to check 40-50,000 people for names. From what i can remember in the last year, They came out before the Liverpool v Roma match in Rome and Ireland v Denmark match in Denmark saying the same but when it comes to it, its just unfeasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

wexfordhun wrote: »
    They can never enforce this, imagine trying to check 40-50,000 people for names. From what i can remember in the last year, They came out before the Liverpool v Roma match in Rome and Ireland v Denmark match in Denmark saying the same but when it comes to it, its just unfeasible.
    Yes they can. Not the most difficult thing for attendees to have to show ID to get into a ground.

Yes they can. Not the most difficult thing for attendees to have to show ID to get into a ground.

It would slow things down significantly more than you might think. To a point where a big chunk of people who've shown up on time don't get to their seats before kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

It would slow things down significantly more than you might think. To a point where a big chunk of people who've shown up on time don't get to their seats before kick off.
    Have you ever worked in a stadium on a matchday or concert etc at a gig?
    I have and it wouldnt slow down people to extent you are saying it would. You warn people about it and tell them that there may be delays due to showing ID.

I have and it wouldnt slow down people to extent you are saying it would. You warn people about it and tell them that there may be delays due to showing ID.

It's already in the terms and conditions that ID may be checked upon entry. If you don't bring ID or don't factor in an ID check, it's your problem. You were told in advance.

I have in a GAA stadium...but even I'll concede that we're talking apples and oranges there! :D

The obvious question being begged here then is why is it not being done in every big stadium for every big event all over the world?
    Is it a staffing issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Unsuccessful in the ballot. Another chance in September.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Unsuccessful in the ballot. Another chance in September.

Probably a diminishing chance though. Fingers crossed that I can get final tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

thebaz wrote: »
    This years tournament appears very well run to me (but i seam to differ to most on here on most things

Very well run indeed, as long as you’re not gay or black.

I have in a GAA stadium...but even I'll concede that we're talking apples and oranges there! :D

The obvious question being begged here then is why is it not being done in every big stadium for every big event all over the world?
    Is it a staffing issue?

Touts are good for business (particularly if you're ticket master and you literally own the tout).

If you're an event organiser you're trying to price your tickets to the maximum you can while still filling. If you're a tout you're trying to assess whether a gig is priced too low (ie will sell out and you can resell). But for a tout there is a risk, if they're wrong and they buy a ticket for a gig that doesn't sell, they're going to end up with a ticket they can't sell.

For the event organiser this means touts are balancing their risk. If a gig doesn't sell out the losses to the event organiser are partly transferred onto the touts.

For things that will definitely sell out (radiohead doing an intimate gig, Ed sheeran in London, Ireland v England) you could safely enforce ticket ownership rules, but for Ireland v Italy in the Aviva you wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Got none of the six tickets across 3 games that I applied for, I think I will take this as a sign not to spend thousands of euros and two weeks to go to Japan. I hope the multinational corporate execs filling yokohama stadium take a moment between their cocktails to appreciate ireland's lineout work in the world cup final.
    For the price of bringing myself and my wife, I could get a private pilots license for example, it is a bit of a waste. I will feel a tinge of regret if Ireland win it though.

Just on the reselling of tickets. On the terms and conditions FAQ in the payment confirmation email, it says you cannot cancel your tickets but you can resell them on the fan ticket exchange they're setting up in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

At the San Siro in Milan, and probably all Italian football stadia, you have to show ID to confirm the ticket is in your name. It's done as an anti-hooliganism measure, and doesn't take long to be processed. It's just logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Applied for 5 matches, got 2. Seems we were lucky, as very few had success.

Having some payment problems however. The website seems to be very unstable and not sure where to go for assistance. Has anyone else paid for theirs? Getting a blank screen when processing payment. Then if you go back to applications, the "make payment" button is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know what time on the the 19th is the payment limit?
    Don't get paid until that morning..

Applied for 5 matches, got 2. Seems we were lucky, as very few had success.

Having some payment problems however. The website seems to be very unstable and not sure where to go for assistance. Has anyone else paid for theirs? Getting a blank screen when processing payment. Then if you go back to applications, the "make payment" button is gone.

I managed to pay for mine an hour or so ago, no isses. I tried to pay last night but it said on the front page that the payments were down at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Will the IRFU Supporters Club get some I wonder?

Advertisement