Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭joseywhales

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Put in to the lottery for two tickets to the qtr,semi and final. Feel like chances are low and the tickets alone are gonna set me back about 1.5k but if I get it I suppose it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing, if Ireland actually make it that far it's a once in several lifetimes occasion.

250€ per ticket?

Actually two cat a final tickets are 1500.

I got cat d for the others.

If you look at their stadium map, cat a covers the entire side-on viewing angle, it's definitely about 60% of the stadium. So I decided if I'm going that far,I'll use sunk cost to justify paying the ridiculous price.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Put in to the lottery for two tickets to the qtr,semi and final. Feel like chances are low and the tickets alone are gonna set me back about 1.5k but if I get it I suppose it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing, if Ireland actually make it that far it's a once in several lifetimes occasion.

250€ per ticket?

Actually two cat a final tickets are 1500.

I got cat d for the others.

If you look at their stadium map, cat a covers the entire side-on viewing angle, it's definitely about 60% of the stadium. So I decided if I'm going that far,I'll use sunk cost to justify paying the ridiculous price.
    Part of me wonders if my wife is really a big enough supporter to justify that but sure we will see how it goes, maybe she would prefer something else and I can resell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

I also joined the ballot. I applied for 4 matches.
    I do know if you apply for 4, and you are successful in the ballot, you have to pay for all 4 matches.

I wonder if anybody has any idea...

Let's say you apply got 4 games and are only successful in getting 2 of them

I hope it will let you pay for the 2 you were successful in? and not lose out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I

Let's say you apply got 4 games and are only successful in getting 2 of them

I hope it will let you pay for the 2 you were successful in? and not lose out completely.

yes you get the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1 donal1107

Hi Folks any camper van / motor home owners out there.?

My self and the missus are very seriously considering this mega road trip to Japan 2019. The only way we think it could be done, is by organizing a group of vans and exploring possible routes, to travel in convoy. Either by taking the full journey by road (time not really an issue) or maybe shipping part way (possible trans Mongolian rail freight). I'd love to here some thoughts from motorhome rugby enthusiasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 joycer31

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's a silly question, but is that €9,200 for 2 people? Seems decent

Yea for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Somebody further up the thread mentioned sorting out some Airbnb stays for the trip over - be warned that Airbnb is going through some regulation issues in Japan at present and a bunch of places are being shut down:

https://mashable.com/2018/06/10/airbnb-japan-law/?europe=true#rGakXZeN9Pqj

fullerand wrote: »
    Somebody further up the thread mentioned sorting out some Airbnb stays for the trip over - be warned that Airbnb is going through some regulation issues in Japan at present and a bunch of places are being shut down:

https://mashable.com/2018/06/10/airbnb-japan-law/?europe=true#rGakXZeN9Pqj

Yep the one I previously booked just cancelled on me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

enjoying the football WC and a break from rugby but this story really shows up how poorly rugby treats the lower level tiers -I believe this is a WC place decider - Roy Keane should be called to sort out such a mess - Sleeping on the streets before the game /decider - unbelievable :-
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44716904

• Subscribers Posts: 40,720 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Two bitchez having a cat fight

Nothing to see here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

thebaz wrote: »
    enjoying the football WC and a break from rugby but this story really shows up how poorly rugby treats the lower level tiers -I believe this is a WC place decider - Roy Keane should be called to sort out such a mess - Sleeping on the streets before the game /decider - unbelievable :-
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44716904
    How much of that was World Rugbys fault? Was it not more than other issues.

How much of that was World Rugbys fault? Was it not more than other issues.

after the Spanish/Romania/Belgium debacle , shows up how poorly rugby is run at the lower level (Shame as I would love if it was more global , like football is ). The difference between the top and lower level is shocking, i know certain countries are stepping up - Japan/Georgia USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

after the Spanish/Romania/Belgium debacle , shows up how poorly rugby is run at the lower level (Shame as I would love if it was more global , like football is ). The difference between the top and lower level is shocking, i know certain countries are stepping up - Japan/Georgia USA

football has shown has ****e is this world cup , they can keep it

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    football has shown has ****e is this world cup , they can keep it

not sure what your saying - but it has been a terrific tournament , with a few poor matches , along with some great ones

after the Spanish/Romania/Belgium debacle , shows up how poorly rugby is run at the lower level (Shame as I would love if it was more global, like football is ). The difference between the top and lower level is shocking, i know certain countries are stepping up - Japan/Georgia USA
    With way each game is played/how scores are got of course difference between top/lower level will be much bigger in rugby.
    No sport can be compared to soccer on global level. Trying to criticise rugby because its not more like soccer on a global scale is ridiculous.
    Rugby is completely/nearly completely amatuer in most countries so of course it wont be ran as well as many other sports that are pro/bigger in scale etc...

Trying to criticise rugby because its not more like soccer on a global scale is ridiculous.
    I criticised rugby at the lower level - something wrong with comparing it to a well run global tourament - nevermind , lets keep it as it is and pretend its perfect

I criticised rugby at the lower level - something wrong with comparing it to a well run global tourament - nevermind , lets keep it as it is and pretend its perfect
    :rolleyes:
    Never ever said rugby is or near prefect. But dont let that stop you having a rant...

:rolleyes:
    Never ever said rugby is or near prefect. But dont let that stop you having a rant...

i posted a link to how badly run rugby is at lower level - sorry for ranting :rolleyes: :rolleyes:- i forgot your never wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

i posted a link to how badly run rugby is at lower level - sorry for ranting :rolleyes: :rolleyes:- i forgot your never wrong

The link you posted has nothing to do with how rugby is run. It had absolutely nothing to do with World Rugby, they were unhappy with the accommodation for absolutely ridiculous reasons like it not having a pool and the internet being too slow. Or having to pay a visa fee at the airport.

Zimbabwe were made well aware of the arrangements before travelling and did this as a stunt or a little hissy fit.

Has nothing to do with lower level rugby.

But it doesnt show how rugby is badly run at lower levels and dont be petty/childish.

• Advertisement

dont be petty/childish.

I'm so sorry - in fact sorry for even posting

I'm so sorry - in fact sorry for even posting
    This is nonsense and you didnt take into account rest of my post
    It doesnt show that rugby at lower levels is ran poorly.

This is nonsense and you didnt take into account rest of my post
    It doesnt show that rugby at lower levels is ran poorly.

unless i agree with you its always nonsense - for the record I stated Georgia, and USA and Japan are making progress - anyway pointless arguing with you cause you are condesceding and rugby and you are never wrong. Good bye.

unless i agree with you its always nonsense - for the record I stated Georgia, and USA and Japan are making progress - anyway pointless arguing with you cause you are condesceding and rugby and you are never wrong. Good bye.
    Dont be ridiculous. You're the one with the attitude. Not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well run global tournament? You mean like awarding the tournament to Qatar, that kind of well run?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well run global tournament? You mean like awarding the tournament to Qatar, that kind of well run?

This years tournament appears very well run to me (but i seam to differ to most on here on most things

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan

Ok, back on topic ;-)

Did anybody yet received the results of the Front row Ballot?

as it should be released today?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan

Ok, back on topic ;-)

Did anybody yet received the results of the Front row Ballot?

as it should be released today?

thanks.

Refreshing my page like a madman, did you see the message on the website?
    The results of the Supporters Club/Front Row Members priority ballot sales applications were scheduled to be announced at 2pm (Japan Standard Time) on Tuesday, 10 July. The announcement is temporarily delayed due to technical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I was unsuccessful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

errlloyd wrote: »
    I was unsuccessful.

I applied for the quarters and semis Ireland was most likely to be in and the final.

I got the semis. Not sure what to do to be honest.

Advertisement